It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help or where to get help installing Photoshop 2019 Plugin Eye Candy Software for a Mac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Been on hold with Adobe forever, where else could I possibly find help

Working on an old Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5

and cannot update the system software, so need a workaround if possible

Installed trial per manufacturers installer instructions

Error message
Could not complete the Eye Candy 7 command because of a program error.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This looks promising, I would also recommend backing up your system / data first before throwing random fixes at it possibly making it worse.

www.websitebuilderinsider.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
This looks promising, I would also recommend backing up your system / data first before throwing random fixes at it possibly making it worse.

www.websitebuilderinsider.com...

Thanks, I thinkĀ I have an external one I can back up with.

this definitely gives me some options, I'll give them a try. Adode insisted I needed to upgrade the OS, and Exposure the new owners of EyeCandy aren't really happy with customers who bought it years ago and don't want to upgrade either.

The last time I tried updating on a Mac this old, it took hours and hours to load, and it run clunky as hell and then crashed

Just got stuck having to do a job on an old computer, think If these don't work, I think I have a bootable Linux drive with Wine

PS. Already digging the website, loads of good info, once my financial situation improves I'll upgrade and get a new computer for home. Photoshop was the one subscription I kept even after COVID closed our business down. But in those 2 years of not using it as much, just didn't keep everything updated and I need to get back up to speed

Must be COVID brain fog or something
edit on 27-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Maybe reach out to the makers of Eye Candy?

Welcome to Exposure Software Support!

Eye Candy can be a real pain to install and get running depending on the version of the plugin you have and software you want to use it with.

If you own the license for Eye Candy then one option is hit up torrent sites and down load different versions of the program until you find one that works with your version of photoshop.

Suggest getting a version that was released around the same time as your Photoshop was.

Just be waned a lot of torrented versions include a license/key generator that will upset your anti virus, so you'll probably have to disable that when downloading them. and then delete the key generators include once the download is complete.

Otherwise yep, probably time for an upgrade. Joys of modern computing, playing the keep up game.

top topics

join