It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rut-Roo, Nancy-Act Get's Some Teeth: Stock Trade Ban for .gov Officials Gains Momentum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Banning prominent .gov employees [specifically Congress for now] from profiteering on insider stock info seems like it should have been a thing all along. But it hasn't. Newly proposed bipartisan legislation looks promising in limiting the DC elite from making money off of sensitive information often revealed weeks/months before the public and market can assess.

Virginia Democrat Rep. Abigail Spanberger is joining Texas GOP Rep. Chip Roy to push legislation to ban members of Congress from trading stocks while in office.

California Democrat Rep. Nancy Pelosi, in particular, has come under fire numerous times for her controversial and well-timed stock trades.

Pelosi turned heads again last month with another conveniently timed stock sale. A sale that Pelosi disclosed in late December shows Pelosi sold around 30,000 shares of Google stock roughly three weeks before the Justice Department and eight states announced an anti-trust lawsuit against Alphabet, which is Google’s parent company.

Pelosi Act

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BaconCrusader

Really hope this goes through.

Especially if they keep the Pelosi Act name..

Fitting.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
But..but Nancy needs another 100 million. Please don't let her suffer.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

She's already been making millions of dollars per year (insider trading & pushing for/passing policies that help her trade) working as a "public servant" whose salary doesn't even come close to that amount. She'll be just fine even if this happens...

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There is zero chance of this-or any other bill-getting passed by the senate, and even if it did Biden wouldn't sign it.

Hasn't anybody ever noticed these bills are never brought up when the party pushing them has control? Like the first two years of Trump's administration?

It's a win-win for career politicians; Reps can look good for 'trying' to pass legislation their party wants, knowing all the while it will get shot down and not brought up again. They'll campaign on "well, we tried' and people will fall for it...again.

I just wish important legislation would be brought up when it has a chance of passing-like the Democrats do.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

That's why they need to can all the posturing legislation and TRANSFIX themselves on investigations and get indictments.

Impeach Impeach Impeach and impeach some more!!!!

Screw what can't possibly happen and go after the meat and potatoes.

(I'm only deluding myself. I know damn well nothing of any consequence will come from the UNIPARTY.)

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

She’s older than dirt, she can’t take it to the grave when she dies soon. So the real question is where is the money really going to?

Newscum?

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Even if it’s passed, who is going to enforce it? The party in charge to witch-hunt the minority party?

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Heavens to Betsy, I can't believe this. Where do I sign? Stop our elected officials from profiting when they're supposed to be doing their job for the love of the Country? This is exciting.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I hope things will change but my believe in it is fewer with each day...

new topics

top topics

join