It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Bond has a New Adversary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Greetings ATS,

I saw this article today. Apparently the Woke movement has overtaken James Bond. Ian Fleming Publications is allowing the original novels to be edited and 'offensive material' removed.

James Bond (He/Him)

James Bond is a cultural icon. He's a former Naval officer, a spy, a drunk and a womanizer. He's got his demons, scoffs at authority and he's been the longest running film franchise in history. SPECTRE couldn't bring him down. Blowfeld couldn't bring him down. But he's fallen victim to the Woke movement. (I guess this started with the last movie?)

Whatever happened to the offensive material label? I guess that's not good enough anymore. Instead of warning people they'll just change the source material. TBF I don't know how many people still read the books, especially the older Ian Fleming novels. Still, it just seems like anything that doesn't fit the Woke agenda is either being taken down or modified.

Sorry, that's my Monday morning rant.

Cheers.

Roma
edit on 27-2-2023 by RomaSempre because: Spelling, peer pressure, et al.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre
I honestly worry about what in many generations from now will become the equivalent of "History Channel's: Ancient Aliens" series. References to the Georgia Guidestones, that monument to Azathoth, Disney Castles worldwide, and superheroes are going to be phenomenal in the future lol.

If there is one, gray goo guys.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

James Bond has a New Advisary

Surely you mean adversary my good man/woman/person/et al.

Soon they will be editing the Bill of Rights and the Constitution for those pesky non-conformist ideas and words.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

James Bond has a New Advisary

Surely you mean adversary my good man/woman/person/et al.

Soon they will be editing the Bill of Rights and the Constitution for those pesky non-conformist ideas and words.

Lol, yes that is what I meant! Spell checker failed me

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre
the original novels to be edited and 'offensive material' removed.

Passive-aggressive book burning.

Wonder if they'll find him being male offensive, and give us Jamie Bond from the start.

edit on 27-2-2023 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

the original novels to be edited and 'offensive material' removed.

Passive-aggressive book burning.

Wonder if they'll find him being male offensive, and give us Jamie Bond from the start.

Yes, that is exactly what it is.

Would they go after some of the classic literature? For example, anyone who identifies as a Balrog has got to find LOTR offensive.

Also, who has read Bram Stoker's Dracula? (Spoiler) In the beginning of the book a young woman approaches the his castle because her child was taken. He calls the wolves down on her.

You just have to wonder where it will stop.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The wokesters will never be appeased. There will always be something that offends them.
They exist to be offended. "Being offended" is their occupation.

They wake up offended, and they go to bed offended. You could show them a painting of a waterfall, or a sunset, or a flower, and they will find something offensive in it.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Live and Let Die defo needed some tweeks. But leave the rest alone!

Bunch of pushies

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Are 'Pussy Galore' and 'Holly Good Head' and 'Octopussy' still okay?

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Nothing survives the neo cultural revolution without vehemently participating in the change.
Refuse to participate and you shall be shunned.

Science,Religion,Politics,Movies,Schools-All must demonstrate in public how they bow to the new woke gods.

Because it turns out that for thousands of years humans have been doing it wrong.
Let evolutionary fitness be damned in favor of the stunning and brave new wussification of our species.
All that allowed us to become the dominant species on earth must be destroyed,through false outrage and offence.

Hell its getting so freaking obvious that even a lot of liberal/new normal espousing/government loving types are starting to get befuddled at the pace of change.

"What is happening?" I hear many of them say.
If you haven't worked it out yet-go back to sleep.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You have been determined to be guilty of grevious thoughtcrime, citizen. Report immediately to the nearest Reorientation Center for correction.

Big Brother is watching. Big Brother loves you.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Are 'Pussy Galore' and 'Holly Good Head' and 'Octopussy' still okay?

Yup, I'm fine with it. Doesn't offend me in the slightest. Why? Because I grew up in an era where people knew how to laugh and let go.

Should Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, George Carlin and Mel Brooks be banned as well?
edit on 27-2-2023 by RomaSempre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

You have been determined to be guilty of grevious thoughtcrime, citizen. Report immediately to the nearest Reorientation Center for correction.

Big Brother is watching. Big Brother loves you.

Please give me a heads-up if you see any black vans or SUVs heading into the Philly area...

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
Live and Let Die defo needed some tweeks. But leave the rest alone!

Bunch of pushies

And Sherif J.W. Pepper? He made a return appearance in Man With the Golden Gun.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Good Monday morning rant.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
With North Korea, Russia, and China there will be plenty of bad guys to go around.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Apparently the Woke movement has overtaken James Bond. Ian Fleming Publications is allowing the original novels to be edited and 'offensive material' removed.

Ian Fleming is probably turning over in his grave. Fortunately, I have all the original (and offensively unedited) books. They'll never be updated.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

He wasn't in the books and the movies were filmed out of sequence with the order the books were published. The Man With The Golden Gun was actually the last one Ian Fleming wrote. The book is my favorite one, while the movie version of The Man With The Golden Gun is my least favorite movie.

And how about that barrel roll Bond and the Sheriff made in that AMC across the bridge? That was an awesome stunt!

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The report claims that Fleming’s estate worked with “sensitivity readers”

This really is getting ridiculous , sensitivity readers !

Pandering to the Woke only encourages more Wokeism , if people find James Bond offensive then perhaps they should not read James Bond novels.

Simples !

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

He wasn't in the books and the movies were filmed out of sequence with the order the books were published. The Man With The Golden Gun was actually the last one Ian Fleming wrote. The book is my favorite one, while the movie version of The Man With The Golden Gun is my least favorite movie.

And how about that barrel roll Bond and the Sheriff made in that AMC across the bridge? That was an awesome stunt!

I've only read a couple of the Fleming books, and a couple more from John Gardner. I think On Her Majesty's Secret Service is my fav.

I saw something a while back where they wanted to re-shoot that stunt. The driver said no way, lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join