It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Woodland Elf Goes Viral.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sorry but I had to post this up it was to good to be true .

www.foxnews.com...

twitter.com... 9b2e8595acc98d4fe9ed1b7250841%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fworld%2Fmexican-president-viral-claim-photo-proof-mythical-wood land-elf

The president of Mexico is going viral after he posted a photo to social media he said shows a mythical woodland elf of Mayan folklore. "Everything is mystical," Mexico President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said in a Twitter post Saturday, accompanied by two photos, including one that the president says shows an "aluxe." According to traditional Mayan belief, "aluxes" are small, mischievous creatures that inhabit forests and fields and are prone to playing tricks on people, like hiding things. Some people leave small offerings to appease them.

I'm just made of questions really and am looking for opinions on this one .
edit on 26-2-2023 by z1asabovesobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: z1asabovesobelow

Belief in "Woodland Elfs" is no different from believing in organised religious practice by my guess.

After all 80% of the people on the planet choose to subscribe to one religion or another.

Who is to say belief in creatures from "Mayan folklore" is wrong or in any way out of place?

Some estimates after all suggest around 72% of Americans believe in angels.
edit on 26-2-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I would kill for just ONE of these photos to be HiDef.

For some reason this particular photo looks familiar.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   
A president of a major nation going public with some photo of a mischievous elf that steals things and attributing it to old religions is about as kookie to me as our president W saying he was chosen by god to be president, and going off about Gog and Magog at an international meeting, setting off a frenzy as to what he was talking about.

edit on 26-2-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

My thought when I saw the picture was that I've seen that picture before somewhere.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I would kill for just ONE of these photos to be HiDef.

For some reason this particular photo looks familiar.

Okay yes it does look familiar now that you mention it , But I'm thinking it was a photo of something in the window of an old house .

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: z1asabovesobelow
Sorry but I had to post this up it was to good to be true .

www.foxnews.com...

twitter.com... 9b2e8595acc98d4fe9ed1b7250841%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fworld%2Fmexican-president-viral-claim-photo-proof-mythical-wood land-elf

The president of Mexico is going viral after he posted a photo to social media he said shows a mythical woodland elf of Mayan folklore. "Everything is mystical," Mexico President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said in a Twitter post Saturday, accompanied by two photos, including one that the president says shows an "aluxe." According to traditional Mayan belief, "aluxes" are small, mischievous creatures that inhabit forests and fields and are prone to playing tricks on people, like hiding things. Some people leave small offerings to appease them.

I'm just made of questions really and am looking for opinions on this one .

It looks like a Jawa from Star Wars in a Tree! Better get back there, and check the local mechanical and electrical supplies. It might have run off with them...

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The world is full of mysteries, and new species of life are discovered each year.

Who is to say there isn't an elf-like creature out there that inspired the folklore?

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Maybe this youtu.be... a leprechaun in a tree from a few years back

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

he better be glad it wasn't a south pole elfs, i hear tell they get real angry sometimes.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

They exist. In many shapes and forms.

For those new to the topic - rabbit hole galore:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I’ve definitely seen that pic used before almost as a stock photo for paranormal type articles on other sites. Last time it I saw it used the claim was that it was a picture of some kind of tree demon that lives in Vietnam I believe.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I've not read that thread before KKLOCO, cheers for pointing me toward it.

Ile certainly entertain the possibility.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Here is an Exclusive Closeup of said Elf..........Viewer Discretion Advised *

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
That is no elf.
That is surely a goblin.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Here is an Exclusive Closeup of said Elf..........Viewer Discretion Advised *

Looks more like an escaped mental patient...

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   

LoL

She did look rather mental.

And could be doing with some dental work or hygiene tips by my guesstimation.

I'm not quite sure what she has to do with the president of Mexico posting elf pics or believing in such all the same.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   

i thought that was the wicked evil giggling witch of the south, minus her nose and chin warts. legend has it she thinks it's funny to harass former presidents cause she's woke. again it seems that even with magic they couldn't get him this time so they may have to charge others.

edit on 27-2-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopeisasound
I’ve definitely seen that pic used before almost as a stock photo for paranormal type articles on other sites. Last time it I saw it used the claim was that it was a picture of some kind of tree demon that lives in Vietnam I believe.

I'm Caribbean and LOL'd whilst reading the Spanish Twiter responses. People who take wood elves and cryptids seriously, and even professional debunkers used reverse image searches to find article after article attributing that particular image to... a girl who climbed up a tree, negative exposure photo.

There's an above top secret conspiracy theoremseses here.

new topics

top topics

join