It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One year in, no end it sight.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

It's like Chinese Takeout, and not exactly the same old neolib disaster funding we've had for decades?

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

I don't know honestly. Chinese takeout, like, it's fast food? Or kind of fake pretending to be real Chinese food?

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I don't know what you're saying in the first part of your post. My point was that if those Ukrainians are returned, then maybe Ukraine could give some territory to Russian in exchange. And I was criticizing the Chinese plan for ignoring this.

That's a hindrance to conversation when you put up prerequisites like returning Ukrainians for land, what's Ukraine's stance on dealing with Russia and what's Russia's stance on Ukraine? I'm unaware of independent verification of Ukrainian hostages in Russia either... What I'm saying is how do you see Ukrainians in Russia going home?

How do you see dialogue beginning?

You're saying that Russia would make their decision to escalate based on the type of gear we send. That's not realistic, I don't see any evidence for that. We've been sending them more and more advanced and/or offensive weapons: first we escalated to the most advanced artillery in the world, then HIMARS, the JDAM and now MBT's. But Russia has not escalated in return, have they? On the contrary.

How can they escalate? Call a draft? Carpet bomb cities? Invade elsewhere?

No I was saying Russia would most likely escalate given losses. So far things have been acceptable. Imo the west knows the line and we won't push any further, we want to degrade Russia not destroy them.

Maybe deep down our leaders are worried about how Russia might escalate given circumstances. Very few of them had the foresight to see us be where we are did they?

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Like I've said along, I don't think conversation will lead to peace until the military balance of power changes. But making giving more (from either side) could make that time come sooner. If making any kind of prerequisite is too much then supports my idea that peace is impossible right now.

Both sides rejected the China plan, so I guess their stances are that even vague talks are pointless.

I don't see those Ukrainian children in Russia going home right now because it would be a huge propaganda problem for Russia. The way I do see it happening, for example, is after someone else becomes president of Russia. Or maybe if they start loosing really badly. Or on the other hand if Ukraine looses badly and the situation stabilizes that way.

I don't believe they can escalate in a reasonable way. Calling a draft wouldn't be an escalation assuming they already are drafting continuously. If China gives them a lot of aid maybe they could start carpet bombing. Invading anywhere else would just make it harder.

I agree our leaders probably are afraid to destabilize Russia too much.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I can exercise foresight and I come to similar conclusions tbh.

If I was at any helm I'd want to push for the crunch now and a little chat about incompatibility would help to achieve that. I'm not just talking Ukraine and Russia either, China's recent attempt at diplomacy should've been jumped on by the West and used to accuse them and Russia of the heinous crimes they commit... That said I've also said for years we shouldn't even be trading with these nations.

Our leaders, any leaders... They don't give a damn about prolonged suffering.

Or. World leaders could actually represent us without bias and precondition and hash out a new world order that fits all hands. Dreamer stuff but it's times like these dreams like that are needed. We're headed to conflict.
edit on 4-3-2023 by RAY1990 because: More to add

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 01:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Do I need a source for my belief , the evidence has been played out before us for the last 12 months.

Prigozhin is at war not only with Ukraine but also the Russian defence ministry , the failures of the Russian military started in the first week of the invasion.

So Ukrainians Die and Russians Die and Exactly Who Benefits from all of that ? I'll Tell you , Arms Dealers and Globalists . People are just Cannon Fodder for them to Used and Disposed of .To Try and Justify People Killing each other for a Profit is Obscene no Matter Who it is !

edit on 17-2-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

a reply to: Timber13

But sadly by doing this, we've only sealed our status as the world's bully.

By "we" I guess you mean America when in reality it isn't America who started the war nor is it America who are the only country standing up to the aggressor , the UK has been at the forefront of the European response.

Ukraine is the aggressor. Do you even recall that Ukraine has been making war on its eastern citizens since 2014? Russia's patience ran out.

That is what Russian propaganda says.

Not propaganda when it's the truth.

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Just more money for the Machine.

They dont make tons of money by finishing wars, which is why they tied our hands and didnt allow us to do what we were trained to do in Iraq and Afghanistan

Putting an end to things within 6 months to a year doesnt make billions like 20yrs of conflict

It's like the pharmaceutical industry They can and probably have developed drugs to cure many diseases. But there's very little money in that compared to developing and marketing drugs that help manage the symptoms over long periods of time.

Cure? Pshaw....

Manage symptoms forever with very expensive drugs? We're in!!

edit on 2/22/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KunLunZuiQuan
Westerners will never accept any peace plan in Ukraine. War is profitable for weapons makers just as pandemic is profitable for vaccine makers. Weapons makers and vaccine makers control Western governments. So the Western countries are in permanent war and pandemic.

Well, there's no money in peace.

Just saying...

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

You mistake the argument.

Im not pro russia, im anti spending tax payer money in ukraine.

All the ignorant fools who cant understand that need not bother.

You hit it on the proverbial head, JinMi...

War is simply politics by other means and it's always all about the Benjamin's. Always.

edit on 2/22/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Do I need a source for my belief , the evidence has been played out before us for the last 12 months.

Prigozhin is at war not only with Ukraine but also the Russian defence ministry , the failures of the Russian military started in the first week of the invasion.

So Ukrainians Die and Russians Die and Exactly Who Benefits from all of that ? I'll Tell you , Arms Dealers and Globalists . People are just Cannon Fodder for them to Used and Disposed of .To Try and Justify People Killing each other for a Profit is Obscene no Matter Who it is !

True, but in their minds, "so what"?

Like I said in a previous post - it's all about the Benjamin's.

Always has been. Always will be. At least in the foreseeable future.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

edit on 26-3-2024 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join