It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbani brothers freed from detention center at Gitmo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The Biden administration just send a pair of terrorist brothers back to Pakistan:
www.nytimes.com...

The release from the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base prison of the Rabbani brothers leaves just two terrorists from Pakistan remaining in custody at Gitmo, Ammar al-Baluchi and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.
edit on 23-2-2023 by Potlatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Potlatch
The Biden administration just send a pair of terrorist brothers back to Pakistan:
www.nytimes.com...

The release from the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base prison of the Rabbani brothers leaves just two terrorists from Pakistan remaining in custody at Gitmo, Ammar al-Baluchi and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

What's the reason for it?

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Potlatch

I've always wondered how Gitmo doesn't violate the COTUS?

I mean it does, but no one ever says sh#t about it...

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem
Oh ye of little thought. Why do you think that Gitmo is where it is? It's because it's not on US soil that allows them to do whatever it wants without the oversight of COTUS. Easy aint it.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Is it being used to detain American Citizens (even ones designated as terrorists)?

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Is it being used to detain American Citizens (even ones designated as terrorists)?

The Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in the 1990s was temporarily used a detention center for Cubans and Haitians seeking to reach the US by makeshift rafts. Of course, we know that the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base was intended from the outset as a naval installation, but even if all terrorists are freed from custody at Guantanamo Bay, the question is whether an earthquake in eastern Cuba that might result from seismic activity along the Caribbean Plate's boundaries will cause enough damage to the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base's outer infrastructure for the US to make a surprise decision to shut down the naval base for good and hand the territory occupied by the base back to Cuba, since there is just one airfield left at the base.

Links:
gitmomemory.org...
dod.defense.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Oh ye of little thought. Why do you think that Gitmo is where it is? It's because it's not on US soil that allows them to do whatever it wants without the oversight of COTUS. Easy aint it.

Gotta love those loopholes, lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

Gotta love those loopholes, lol.

There's also a loophole where torture is also done on US and most Western countries but it's all done in shipping containers that have been declared territory of one of the allied countries that allow torture methods and guards from their usually do the torture.

top topics

join