It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott coles supermarkets Australia. Cashing in on gaypride.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Being an Aboriginal, I am truly offended by coles supermarkets, they have a new tv campaign celebrating pride.

I do no care what anyone’s orientation is, i accept you for who you are.

Though for a supermarket to grasp this as nothing but a frigging marketing cause is crap.

I have never seen them promote NAIDOC week nor any acknowledgment of Aboriginal orTorres Strait iskanders. .

F u coles I don’t need this forced down my throat.

www.coles.com.au...

It’s just for the fn money.

edit on 23-2-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I gave up on coles when they forced the jab on all of their workers. Foodland and IGA are doing a much better job for worker rights and the nation with outlets in a lot of the smaller towns and places.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Agreed foodland and Iga have things the major supermarkets don.

My local iga is great.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
Being an Aboriginal, I am truly offended by coles supermarkets, they have a new tv campaign celebrating pride.

I do no care what anyone’s orientation is, i accept you for who you are.

Though for a supermarket to grasp this as nothing but a frigging marketing cause is crap.

I have never seen them promote NAIDOC week nor any acknowledgment of Aboriginal orTorres Strait iskanders. .

F u coles I don’t need this forced down my throat.

www.coles.com.au...

It’s just for the fn money.

So if coles did something to celebrate NAIDOC then it would all be ok?

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The unfortunate reality of social justice is that to a degree, you have to "sell out". You have to brand, market, and ultimately profit to generate that credibility and put a spotlight on underserved communities. If you don't like it, take your wallet and grocery list to another business. When did the autonomy of a Christian bakery turn into the sabotage of an LGBT ally who has committed no crimes.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: robsmith
Boycott whoever you want.

Cancel culture them....

If you do not believe in their values, don't shop there...

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No now it wouldn’t be ok!! as they’ve been called out on it and in my eyes, it will just be pandering to make it look they support a cause.

They are also price gouging as I like the south Melbourne dimsins, was at cokes last week $14.50 for 6 dim sims.

Everywhere else they’re 9.50.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: franklen
I do, I do almost all of my shopping at Aldi, at least they don’t have marketing pandering to a cause for sales.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No now it wouldn’t be ok!! as they’ve been called out on it and in my eyes, it will just be pandering to make it look they support a cause.

They are also price gouging as I like the south Melbourne dimsins, was at cokes last week $14.50 for 6 dim sims.

Everywhere else they’re 9.50.

So your issue isn’t that they support whatever cause
Your issue is they didn’t support your cause
Your issue is you didn’t get enough attention/money/ sympathy, please insert whatever you feel you missed out on

Sounds like you are a bit upset you didn’t get the attention

I buy Marathon dim sims, 1.5kg for $10.50, they are from Melbourne, pretty tasty as well

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I’m a self made person. I don’t need handouts, if that’s what you are saying.

I’m not upset don’t give a crap if they paid me no attention, I don’t know why you would say this.

I never alluded to needing attention for a cause.

Just saying that there is more identified as as lg etc than aboriginals in Australia is clearly a ploy for market share.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If people wanted equality they wouldn't be calling for special treatment.

Get outta here OP. It's 2023, everyone in this country has the same opportunities if they're willing to make the effort. Comes a time when you need to get over yourselves.

We all live on the same rock hurtling through space. Self segregation is small minded and holds us all back.

Seriously, you don't think you get enough promotion in the media already?

Too much is never going to be enough for some people.

ETA: All I saw in OP was "We need to replace rainbow capitalism with race capitalism."
You want Coles etc. to promote your 'brand'? Make it financially viable for them to do so. End of the day for them, and you, it's all about profit.
edit on 24-2-2023 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I never alluded to needing attention for a cause.

Then why even post what you did? It's literally calling for attention to a cause.

LOL

new topics

top topics

join