It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pete Buttigieg lashes out at reporter asking about toxic Ohio train derailment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   
... IDK why this post duplicated it was supposed to be about my favorite thing about Trump was he wouldn't hesitate to tell the media where to go or how to get there.
edit on 22-2-2023 by Jason79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79

originally posted by: putnam6

Meh he was walking down the street and she shoved a camera his face asking questions.

He was a lot nicer than I would have been.

Perhaps that's why your Secretary of Transportation nomination fell through...

Respectfully, cause I'm one too, he isn't supposed to act like some schlub on ATS, OR be a total Karen and take a picture,

It was completely unnecessary and more than a little creepy.

I mean damn I think it's creepy when a Karen in the wild does it

Did she ask him for an interview? Or did she shove a camera in his face asking him unrelated things to what he was doing?

Are you Pete's press secretary?

Who cares?

He's a public official.

The actual term is Public Servant.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Because I believe in leaving work at work. As a life long public figure Trump would tell the media off. More people should be like that.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!! IOW....talk the topic...personal discussions are for PMs....
Go after the ball not the player.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Because I believe in leaving work at work. As a life long public figure Trump would tell the media off. More people should be like that.

Puddin' I don't know what you do for a living but there are plenty of us in administrative positions that don't have that luxury.

Pete needs to do his #ing job.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Should I ask the question of which Public does he serve?

He doesn't seem to be serving the American public, so it must be the Elite public that he serves. That's just my opinion though, and even those this Ohio issue/s are proof of that, I don't have "feelings" to back up my claim.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Should I ask the question of which Public does he serve?

He doesn't seem to be serving the American public, so it must be the Elite public that he serves. That's just my opinion though, and even those this Ohio issue/s are proof of that, I don't have "feelings" to back up my claim.

Every rat bastard in DC needs to be reminded that THEIR paycheck is only possible if WE work.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Respectfully again the craziest thing was taking a photo, WTF for? very very Karenish and unprofessional

equally, as respectfully his response should have been I know Alan Shaw personally, and Im sure Norfolk Southern will do right by the people of East Palestine no further comment.

It addresses the reporter's questions and perhaps eases the concerns of all those still involved, it's been 17 days has it not

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It's like Spain in the 1490s. The aristocracy lived off the back of the common people, and unless it was tax season, ignored them and any issue they had.

Biden's Administration is no different than the Spanish aristocracy back then. They don't care where their pay comes from, that is unless it's tax season, then they care through laws.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Respectfully again the craziest thing was taking a photo, WTF for?

Considering he doesn't like-like women, I'm gonna assume he expected her to say no.

edit on 22-2-2023 by Jason79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

It's like Spain in the 1490s. The aristocracy lived off the back of the common people, and unless it was tax season, ignored them and any issue they had.

Biden's Administration is no different than the Spanish aristocracy back then. They don't care where their pay comes from, that is unless it's tax season, then they care through laws.

Nah.

It's like Communism in the 1980's.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Respectfully again the craziest thing was taking a photo, WTF for?

Considering he doesn't like-like women, I'm gonna assume he expected her to say no.

So he was a polite Karen ?

Why is it so hard to admit thats more than a little weird, not just asking but actually doing it?

I don't know not a professional but it's a bit overly passive-aggressive.

He was saying how would you like I did this to you, and she said I don't care I got a job to do and I'm doing it

Now let's talk about your job, Mr. Buttigieg

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   

a reply to: incoserv

Respectfully you can look at it any way you want, it's still a free country

if you want to rant about sexual preferences go ahead, if you think who fellates who is gets the people of East Palestine some relief have at it

Ive just believe it's more effective to stay on point with the single point that the response to the East Palestine disaster is so egregious it needs no and "another thing"

Otherwise, those we are trying to convince get turned off the whole subject, there are Democrats who believe the response sucks too, do you believe your approach changes minds or turns up the heat where the EPA does something?

As for meritocracy, the only way to expose those faux appointees is when they fail, to call them out on their failures so those failures resonate with the most people.

Then perhaps the heat gets turned up where they are replaced and they pick more qualified candidates next time.

See, you still don't get it! I was not ranting about sexual preferences; I was addressing the current practice of hiring people based on their sexual orientation, race, or gender. There's a BIG difference.

I don't care what an individual's sexual orientation, race, or gender is, I want to see people hired and occupying positions because they can do the job! When these useless faces were hired, appointed or otherwise chosen, nobody talked about their qualifications, their cumulative experience, how they were uniquely suited for the job because of education, experience, effectiveness.

We heard palaver like, Oooo! This is the first woman/openly practicing homosexual/minority woman to serve in this position!

That is the problem.

No, I do not care about sexual preferences; I care about QUALIFICATIONS! The fact that YOU can't see past "sexual preferences" says so much more about YOU.

I repeat: MERITOCRACY. Look it up.

ETA: Here, I'll save you the effort. This is how Merriam-Webster defines meritocracy:

a system, organization, or society in which people are chosen and moved into positions of success, power, and influence on the basis of their demonstrated abilities and merit.

(Emphasis added.)

Do you get it yet? No?

Instead of people being chosen and appointed because they would be good at the job, we get loosers like:

•Pete Bootygig, who can't manage the very transportation system that he's supposed to oversee and refuses to take responsibility for failing at his job.
•Sam the pervert, who likes to steal women's luggage and wear their clothes and had to be fired because of it.
•Richard Levine who is a mentally sick person and visibly physically unhealthy yet appointed to oversee the wellbeing of the nation.
•The Muppet who is supposed to speak to the press on behalf of the administration but can't answer a question straight.
•Kamala Harris who is an embarrassment to the entire country both domestically and internationally.
:
edit on 2023 2 22 by incoserv because: ETA.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

When you are in the Army, the Military, the Government payroll, you are on call all the time. You have to wake the eff up and respond with quick wit and real caring.

This whole government needs to go..

Free the January Six victims.

Come at me, CIA/NSA/GSA/FBI/FSB/ hell even the FFA

Yes, I am crazy in love with the Constitution

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Lashes Out ? Ah , that's a Bit Much don't you Think ? In Public too ? .............Oh My.....

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Focus group analysis found it is a better political play for the Biden administration to look uncaring and dismissive to the people of Ohio than to take charge of the train disaster response and really F things up.

The potential for the latter is to great to risk it.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Never underestimate the ability of Joe ...

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

a reply to: incoserv

Respectfully you can look at it any way you want, it's still a free country

if you want to rant about sexual preferences go ahead, if you think who fellates who is gets the people of East Palestine some relief have at it

Ive just believe it's more effective to stay on point with the single point that the response to the East Palestine disaster is so egregious it needs no and "another thing"

Otherwise, those we are trying to convince get turned off the whole subject, there are Democrats who believe the response sucks too, do you believe your approach changes minds or turns up the heat where the EPA does something?

As for meritocracy, the only way to expose those faux appointees is when they fail, to call them out on their failures so those failures resonate with the most people.

Then perhaps the heat gets turned up where they are replaced and they pick more qualified candidates next time.

See, you still don't get it! I was not ranting about sexual preferences; I was addressing the current practice of hiring people based on their sexual orientation, race, or gender. There's a BIG difference.

I don't care what an individual's sexual orientation, race, or gender is, I want to see people hired and occupying positions because they can do the job! When these useless faces were hired, appointed or otherwise chosen, nobody talked about their qualifications, their cumulative experience, how they were uniquely suited for the job because of education, experience, effectiveness.

We heard palaver like, Oooo! This is the first woman/openly practicing homosexual/minority woman to serve in this position![/I]

That is the problem.

No, I do not care about sexual preferences; I care about QUALIFICATIONS! The fact that YOU can't see past "sexual preferences says so much more about YOU.

I repeat: MERITOCRACY. Look it up.
:

BTW thanks for the conversation but

I guess I can't make a post to stimulate a conversation, without expecting a rant or 3. Damn partner I'm on your side, are we really gonna argue about how to convey that he is failing miserably to those who approved of his appointment.

What happened did you get a word of the day calendar?

Respectfully Im a bit hurt you don't think Im intelligent enough to know what meritocracy is.

FWIW plenty of people get appointed to roles they have no business being assigned to REPUBLICAN DEMOCRAT it doesn't matter. Probably more than half are nominated for other reasons all the time without any meritable qualifications

Of course, he was unqualified but if you want to just shout out to those who already agree with your opinion go ahead.

Ever heard of KISS, it means Keep it Simple Stupid famously used by Democratic strategist James Carville no less... it was Clinton's mantra way back when. Essentially it NOW applies to the Democrats' voter base, the more complex your speech becomes the less the society's masses will understand what you are trying to communicate. It's not just the understanding they don't have the attention span either.

Stay on point, if you stay with his crappy response to the disaster, all people even some of the Democrats who believed he had merit here can follow along and perhaps come to an agreement on his crappy response to the EP situation. But once you say

He was appointed because his only merit was he was gay, it isn't gonna resonate with enough of those who believe Pete is a fine Secretary of Transportation, they then associate anybody disapproving of his job performance as homophobic and not actually for performance-based reasons.

Sensitive and simple BS, I know, but I was always taught to learn the language of others so you can communicate with them more effectively.

Hell man I made the thread ranting about him and you are making me a bit sympathetic to Pete.

FWIW I looked it up, so now, if nothing else you should be damn sure I know what meritocracy is.

Lastly, chillax, this administration is screwing up all over the place. Change is in the wind, our system is slow to react and is cumbersome and perhaps outdated in some areas, but it is excellent in self-correction.

meritocracy
mĕr″ĭ-tŏk′rə-sē
noun
A system in which advancement is based on individual ability or achievement.
A group of leaders or officeholders selected on the basis of individual ability or achievement.
Leadership by such a group.
edit on 22-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Trolling is what reporters are supposed to do and in this case his complete silence for over 2 weeks deserves to get trolled.

He should be hounded day and night till he does his bloody job.

Dont want to be hounded dont get into politics.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Lashes Out ? Ah , that's a Bit Much don't you Think ? In Public too ? .............Oh My.....

Gave you a star Zanti, is that really the thing that upsets you the most about the whole thread?

LOL hell, I watched the video because the Post said dramatically "lashing out".

Admittedly if they didn't describe it as such I wouldn't have even taken the time out to watch. But then the world wouldn't have this awesome thread, where the left is suspiciously quiet and those who lean conservative are being argued with because they aren't using the words they want you to use.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join