It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pete Buttigieg lashes out at reporter asking about toxic Ohio train derailment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

originally posted by: putnam6

a reply to: putnam6

She said she was just doing her job, and her job is to troll people for material to spread on the internet to make them look bad in circles where they're already hated anyway. Calling that reporting is a stretch.

Do some research she didn't push the post, it didn't really take off till Nick Cannon retweeted it and then out popped I million views, and all of the sudden the plugged into the internet Dems finally moved thier asses

I've already wasted too much time on this, I damn sure dont want to research it. I said my opinion, now I'll officially say that I'm wrong, you're right, shame on booty judge and shame on the president. Thank God for Trump coming through with the water bottles for a PR opportunity though.

Nick Cannon? Isn't that the comedian that hosted the hip hop show where the two teams joke on each other?

Why do you want to bring Trump into this? EWWW

You are aware to all ATSers aren't staunch Republicans, Democrats, Trumpers or any other single designation.

Respectfully Id react the same way regardless of whose administration it is, the government any government should have had boots on the ground regardless of what Dewine said.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
Meh he was walking down the street and she shoved a camera his face asking questions.

He was a lot nicer than I would have been.

Are you a public official? It comes with the territory.

Of course, we all know that you would fully support 'getting in the faces' of those mean-n-nasty Trum cabinet officials when they're in a restaurant, or pumping gas.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If the Water is so safe why wont Pete Buttigieg drink the water?

and not fake it like other polticans, officials that were faking it?
edit on 22-2-2023 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What stood out the most when reading the article is Buttigieg's connection to McKinsey and Co--perhaps the most evil corporation out there.
McKinsey and Co can be linked to the decision of 5 Democrat governors to place patients ill with covid back into nursing and retirement homes.
McKinsey and Co have ties to the opioid crisis (through Perdue pharma and the Sacklers)
McKinsey and Co have also been linked to (EDIT: I mistakenly wrote Madoff when I meant) ENRON
There are also connections to Khashoggi's murder.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Evil, dastardly company.
edit on 22-2-2023 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

She said she was just doing her job, and her job is to troll people for material to spread on the internet to make them look bad in circles where they're already hated anyway. Calling that reporting is a stretch.

Do some research she didn't push the post, it didn't really take off till Nick Cannon retweeted it and then out popped I million views, and all of the sudden the plugged into the internet Dems finally moved thier asses

I've already wasted too much time on this, I damn sure dont want to research it. I said my opinion, now I'll officially say that I'm wrong, you're right, shame on booty judge and shame on the president. Thank God for Trump coming through with the water bottles for a PR opportunity though.

Nick Cannon? Isn't that the comedian that hosted the hip hop show where the two teams joke on each other?

Yes and after he retweeted the reporter's tweet FWIW she is just from the Caller so low exposure, then it hit the mainstream media, and true or false is this current administration more in tune with the whims of the mainstream media than previous administrations?

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
What stood out the most when reading the article is Buttigieg's connection to McKinsey and Co--perhaps the most evil corporation out there.
McKinsey and Co can be linked to the decision of 5 Democrat governors to place patients ill with covid back into nursing and retirement homes.
McKinsey and Co have ties to the opioid crisis (through Perdue pharma and the Sacklers)
McKinsey and Co have also been linked to Madoff and his Ponzi scheme
There are also connections to Khashoggi's murder.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Evil, dastardly company.

Interesting.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A real president would give him all the “personal time” he needed by firing him on the spot. But, alas….

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: DBCowboy

A real president would give him all the “personal time” he needed by firing him on the spot. But, alas….

Biden didn't fire his Sect. of Defense or Gen Miley after Afghanistan either.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I thought so. Interesting, and chilling, too.

I'd always attributed Buttigieg's poor performance to incompetence, but perhaps it's due to malice?!

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: MykeNukem

I thought so. Interesting, and chilling, too.

I'd always attributed Buttigieg's poor performance to incompetence, but perhaps it's due to malice?!

I just default to the malice explanation now.

Maybe it's just me, lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well, there was that maternity leave during the Port of LA crisis.

Oh and FOX has an article about Pete’s inability to fix potholes without Domino’s Pizza pitching in…

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

Just 2 things here first of all, really my "personal time" aren't cabinet officials on call 24/7 ?

Respectfully Pete that downside comes with the job you accepted, this isn't being asked randomly, we have an issue and in this case the buck stops with you.

secondly, a government official took a iPhone picture of a real reporter like a Karen

nypost.com...

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg snapped that he was on “personal time” when questioned late Tuesday about his plans to visit the toxic train derailment site in East Palestine, Ohio — before asking if he could take a photo of the reporter.

Jennie Taer, who posted the 46-second video on Twitter, identified herself to Buttigieg as a reporter for the Daily Caller News Foundation as he walked down the street with his husband, Chasten.

His personal time technically involves trains. So close enough?

Not that isn't funny because it's hilarious, but once you bring sexual preferences into the discussion, it delegitimizes the argument as it makes it sound rooted in homophobia.

What do I care?

Mt Buttigieg's response to a legit question about a legit problem, wasn't professional it was juvenile

This completely has to do with his responsibilities, not his peccadillos

No, v1rtu0s0[/] didn't "bring sexual preferences into the discussion;" they did. When the administration hired Pete Bootygig soley on the basis of the fact that he likes weenies, they brought sexual preferences into the discussion.

I won't rant about that fact any more as I've already opened a thread on it, but this is what happens when you hire people based on their sexual perversions (Bootygig, Richard Levine, that Sam freak who likes you steal women's luggage), race (the Muppet that mouths words to the press) or gender (Kamala Harris).

Wow! I just realized that the Muppet hits on all three! What a national treasure.

MERITOCRACY. Look it up. Because you sure won't see it in DC these days.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: Jason79

You expect privacy in a public space? Why would you expect that?

Because the reporter wasn't masked.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Respectfully you can look at it any way you want, it's still a free country

if you want to rant about sexual preferences go ahead, if you think who fellates who is gets the people of East Palestine some relief have at it

Ive just believe it's more effective to stay on point with the single point that the response to the East Palestine disaster is so egregious it needs no and "another thing"

Otherwise, those we are trying to convince get turned off the whole subject, there are Democrats who believe the response sucks too, do you believe your approach changes minds or turns up the heat where the EPA does something?

As for meritocracy, the only way to expose those faux appointees is when they fail, to call them out on their failures so those failures resonate with the most people.

Then perhaps the heat gets turned up where they are replaced and they pick more qualified candidates next time.

edit on 22-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Kamala "border Czar" Harris refuses for months to travel to the border, and has done nothing

Buttplug "transportation Czar" refuses to travel to site of greatest transportation disaster of the 21st century and does nothing about it

Standard issue leftists.
They like to talk up a lot, they want impressive titles but are completely unwilling to do any real work related to those positions

Very lazy, self-centered narcissists

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Did she ask to film him? At least he did ask and I'm assuming she gave consent. Seems he showed her a a lot more respect than she had for him.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Did she ask to film him? At least he did ask and I'm assuming she gave consent. Seems he showed her a a lot more respect than she had for him.

Public official in a public space. Nothing to do with "consent". Part of job. If you don't like it, QUIT !

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Meh he was walking down the street and she shoved a camera his face asking questions.

He was a lot nicer than I would have been.

She was trolling him, quite literally. Went to where he lives and basically stalked him to get some juicy footage for the internet, and here you have it. Then pass the footage to media outlets, preferably right wing try to make the guy look bad. Then it gets picked up and shared here to people who already dont like him so they can point at it and enjoy it.

Had this been a Republican lawmaker you would've defended him, but.. you're stuck in this little rat maze they've built for you so you posted this here in hopes of getting stars and flags from your like minded.

Those make you feel good, a little bit of dopamine is released and you're satisfied, congratulations to the OP. Just see it for what it is though, you're not convincing anyone of anything, changing opinions, or doing anything for your cause.

Btw, that was hardly "lashing out" lol. Had you been interviewed a dozen times that day, and just wanted to talk a walk, do you think you could've been any nicer?

QFT

I did basically defend him. My entire post was about him handling better than I would have. Do you think you could put your feelings aside and read what I Wrote?

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Did she ask to film him? At least he did ask and I'm assuming she gave consent. Seems he showed her a lot more respect than she had for him.

Oh, you are right, no she didn't or if she did she didn't film it.

LOL, he is a public figure, you want to see disrespect wait till he gets hammered in East Palestine. Right fully so.

PS, you have seen the picture of Pete with the President of Norfolk Southern?

Respectfully he has met with Alan Shaw a long time ago. it's well past the time he needs to speak to the residents of East Palestine.

edit on 22-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Part of being part of the public is sacrificing the privacy while in the public. See also movie star or rock star.

Freedom of the press is to report on matters of the public interest.

Like I said, a real president would give him all the “personal time” needed with a swift boot to the curb.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join