It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pete Buttigieg lashes out at reporter asking about toxic Ohio train derailment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just 2 things here first of all, really my "personal time" aren't cabinet officials on call 24/7 ?

Respectfully Pete that downside comes with the job you accepted, this isn't being asked randomly, we have an issue and in this case, the buck stops with you.

secondly, a government official,like a Karen took a iPhone picture of a real reporter asking a legit question,

nypost.com...

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg snapped that he was on “personal time” when questioned late Tuesday about his plans to visit the toxic train derailment site in East Palestine, Ohio — before asking if he could take a photo of the reporter.

Jennie Taer, who posted the 46-second video on Twitter, identified herself to Buttigieg as a reporter for the Daily Caller News Foundation as he walked down the street with his husband, Chasten.

edit on 22-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Just 2 things here first of all, really my "personal time" aren't cabinet officials on call 24/7 ?

Respectfully Pete that downside comes with the job you accepted, this isn't being asked randomly, we have an issue and in this case the buck stops with you.

secondly, a government official took a iPhone picture of a real reporter like a Karen

nypost.com...

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg snapped that he was on “personal time” when questioned late Tuesday about his plans to visit the toxic train derailment site in East Palestine, Ohio — before asking if he could take a photo of the reporter.

Jennie Taer, who posted the 46-second video on Twitter, identified herself to Buttigieg as a reporter for the Daily Caller News Foundation as he walked down the street with his husband, Chasten.

His personal time technically involves trains. So close enough?

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I think the eerie part is when he requests to snap a photo of her. Why would he need to take a photo of just her in it?

Keep an eye out for this woman's life. Seems like a pre-cursor to an "accidental suicide" or murder.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

Respectfully Pete that downside comes with the job you accepted, this isn't being asked randomly, we have an issue and in this case the buck stops with you.

secondly, a government official took a iPhone picture of a real reporter like a Karen

nypost.com...

Not that isn't funny because it's hilarious, but once you bring sexual preferences into the discussion, it delegitimizes the argument as it makes it sound rooted in homophobia.

What do I care?

Mt Buttigieg's response to a legit question about a legit problem, wasn't professional it was juvenile

This completely has to do with his responsibilities, not his peccadillos

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Meh he was walking down the street and she shoved a camera his face asking questions.

He was a lot nicer than I would have been.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

You expect privacy in a public space? Why would you expect that?

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
Meh he was walking down the street and she shoved a camera his face asking questions.

Perhaps that's why your Secretary of Transportation nomination fell through...

Respectfully,cause I'm one too, he isn't supposed to act like some schlub on ATS, OR be a total Karen and take a picture,

It was completely unnecessary and more than a little creepy.

I mean damn I think it's creepy when a Karen in the wild does it

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

She was trolling him, quite literally. Went to where he lives and basically stalked him to get some juicy footage for the internet, and here you have it. Then pass the footage to media outlets, preferably right wing try to make the guy look bad. Then it gets picked up and shared here to people who already dont like him so they can point at it and enjoy it.

Had this been a Republican lawmaker you would've defended him, but.. you're stuck in this little rat maze they've built for you so you posted this here in hopes of getting stars and flags from your like minded.

Those make you feel good, a little bit of dopamine is released and you're satisfied, congratulations to the OP. Just see it for what it is though, you're not convincing anyone of anything, changing opinions, or doing anything for your cause.

Btw, that was hardly "lashing out" lol. Had you been interviewed a dozen times that day, and just wanted to talk a walk, do you think you could've been any nicer?
edit on CST02Wed, 22 Feb 2023 14:47:51 -060000000002b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

But it's his CONSTINSUENCY *said in my best Oh, Brother Where Art Thou voice.

The picture taking is creepy AF. It was meant as a threat IMO.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

Respectfully I agree it wasn't lashing out, but you can argue the headline but you can't argue the wide-ranging impact of the video. Who knows with an administration so tuned into likes, views and clicks it might have spurred him into action

Video of Pete Buttigieg Confronted Over East Palestine Viewed 1M Times

A video of Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg being confronted over his response to the train derailment near the border between Ohio and Pennsylvania has been viewed 1.2 million times since it was posted on Twitter on Tuesday night.

In the video, Buttigieg skirts a series of questions from a reporter while walking on the street, referring to his comments to the media earlier in the day and noting that he was "taking some personal time" when approached.

At the end of the clip, the Biden administration chief asks to take a picture of the reporter, Jennie Taer, of the Daily Caller. "I guess he didn't like that [I was asking him about the derailment] so he took a pic[ture] of me," she wrote. "I'm just doing my job, sir."

Newsweek has contacted Buttigieg's Department of Transportation spokesperson for comment.

Since being allowed to return home, residents have complained of symptoms associated with exposure to toxic chemicals, and experts fear spilled chemicals could leach into nearby private wells used for drinking water.

Residents with private wells have been told to drink bottled water.

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

nypost.com...

Not that isn't funny because it's hilarious, but once you bring sexual preferences into the discussion, it delegitimizes the argument as it makes it sound rooted in homophobia.

What do I care?

Mt Buttigieg's response to a legit question about a legit problem, wasn't professional it was juvenile

How do you know I don't mean toy trains?

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

She said she was just doing her job, and her job is to troll people for material to spread on the internet to make them look bad in circles where they're already hated anyway. Calling that reporting is a stretch.

And this goes for if it was a Republican too but y'all probably think I'm defending the liberal because I'm in the party which I'm not.

But it is kind of sad to see how far they're reaching, like this one is pretty lame. He didn't react nearly as bad as they wish he did so that the video would be better but they pushed it out anyways.
edit on CST02Wed, 22 Feb 2023 14:54:35 -060000000002b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

She was trolling him, quite literally. Went to where he lives and basically stalked him to get some juicy footage for the internet, and here you have it. Then pass the footage to media outlets, preferably right wing try to make the guy look bad. Then it gets picked up and shared here to people who already dont like him so they can point at it and enjoy it.

He made himself look bad prior to this. Yes let's defend the lack of response from and his agency! Like it was pointed out previously, he is in a job that requires him to be available 24hrs a day. No ifs ands or buts about it. He doesn't get to complain about a job that he accepted and should have known what it entailed! If he doesn't like it he can resign so we can get someone competent in the position. He was selected for what he is not for being the most suitable for the job.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

nypost.com...

What do I care?

How do you know I don't mean toy trains?

If you can find one article or source for Pete's toy train pastime I'll remove the post, you got approximate 60 minutes till I can no longer edit it

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I never defended the lack of response from his agency.

I just said she was trolling him.

I don't think it's as bad as people are trying to make it out to be though. It's a political show to try to demonize the administration but that's how it goes. It's almost like a war, any angle, any story, all the time. Once you see it for better or worse, you always see it.

What we end up with here in threads is just a product of that, but it's entertainment for most of you and it pays for ATS to stay up. Plus, there's hardly any right wing places on the internet to talk where people are intelligent and dont act like complete asshats. It's better than Fox news comments, and that's your other option.
edit on CST03Wed, 22 Feb 2023 15:02:09 -060000000002b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

She said she was just doing her job, and her job is to troll people for material to spread on the internet to make them look bad in circles where they're already hated anyway. Calling that reporting is a stretch.

Do some research she didn't push the post, it didn't really take off till Nick Cannon retweeted it and then out popped I million views, and all of the sudden the plugged into the internet Dems finally moved thier asses

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Do some research she didn't push the post, it didn't really take off till Nick Cannon retweeted it and then out popped I million views, and all of the sudden the plugged into the internet Dems finally moved thier asses

I've already wasted too much time on this, I damn sure dont want to research it. I said my opinion, now I'll officially say that I'm wrong, you're right, shame on booty judge and shame on the president. Thank God for Trump coming through with the water bottles for a PR opportunity though.

Nick Cannon? Isn't that the comedian that hosted the hip hop show where the two teams joke on each other?

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I never defended the lack of response from his agency.

I just said she was trolling him.

I don't think it's as bad as people are trying to make it out to be though. It's a political show to try to demonize the administration but that's how it goes. It's almost like a war, any angle, any story, all the time. Once you see it for better or worse, you always see it.

What we end up with here in threads is just a product of that, but it's entertainment for most of you and it pays for ATS to stay up. Plus, there's hardly any right wing places on the internet to talk where people are intelligent and dont act like complete asshats. It's better than Fox news comments, and that's your other option.

Asking perfectly relevant questions to those that represent us about events that matter to American ppl is trolling to you?

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

When asked why he wasn't doing his job, he said I'm on a break.

I wish we could still publicly beat people for being stupid.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join