It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Speech on Ukraine at 3AM EST on Agenda Free Tv

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo
a reply to: putnam6

The Biden jokes in this thread had me rolling. So hilarious cant stop laughing

And its like everyday, I read Biden jokes in most threads I read and im always lmao

Thanks guys keep them coming feels like high school again

[/GIANT SARCASM TAG]

Well........bye

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Well, he is kind of a joke so...

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   

And its like everyday, I read Biden jokes in most threads I read and im always lmao

[/GIANT SARCASM TAG]

Actually I thought we could all do better.

The jokes aren't up to standard lately...

edit on 2/21/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   

i like where he listed how much grain they produced. this speech was straight out Soviet central casting. all he needed to do was take off his shoe and hit the podium a few times...
edit on 21-2-2023 by LouisCypher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   

[/GIANT SARCASM TAG]

Where were the Biden jokes? I just reread every post, just 1 or 2 light jabs.

Pretty much the only joke in the thread is somebody playing the trombone or something.

As for the speech a big nothing burger definitely.

It sounded to me like the standard Russia BS with the dangling of the START treaty

www.bloomberg.com...

by Bloomberg News
February 21, 2023 at 4:16 AM ESTUpdated onFebruary 21, 2023 at 6:52 AM EST

President Vladimir Putin said Russia will suspend its observation of the New START treaty with the US, dealing a blow to the last accord limiting their nuclear arsenals, as he vowed to press on with his faltering invasion of Ukraine.

Russia is fighting for its “historic lands” in Ukraine and “will fulfill the tasks set step-by-step, carefully and consistently,” Putin told the Russian parliament and top officials in Moscow on Tuesday. Russia won’t be the first to resume testing of nuclear weapons as a result of its suspension of New START, though it will do so in response to any US test, he said.

Putin Blames West For Ukraine War; Biden Set To Rally Allies In Warsaw

www.rferl.org...

President Vladimir Putin has used a major address to try and justify Moscow’s war against Ukraine, claiming Russia’s existence is being threatened by the West, which has rallied around Kyiv after the Kremlin launched its full-scale invasion almost one year ago.

Speaking in a nationally televised address to Russia’s Federal Assembly just days ahead of the February 24 anniversary of the invasion -- an incursion that Putin’s camp expected to last weeks at most but which shows no signs of concluding 12 months later -- Putin repeated familiar and often false narratives about Ukraine and other issues, and lashed out at Washington and the West, saying he had tried to avoid war “but behind our backs a very different scenario was being prepared."

Washington immediately slammed the “absurdity” of Putin’s words, saying “nobody is attacking Russia,” while Kyiv dismissed Putin as "irrelevant and confused."

Putin’s February 21 address, which was canceled in December amid several military setbacks in Ukraine, comes a day after U.S. President Joe Biden’s historic visit to Kyiv, which served to undercut the Russian leader's recent statements that the West is losing interest in backing Ukraine.

edit on 21-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LouisCypher

i like where he listed how much grain they produced. this speech was straight out Soviet central casting. all he needed to do was take off his shoe and hit the podium a few times...

Yep it was full of the 70s-era dogma,like it was pointed out on the link by Russian law he has to do one of these speeches every year, and since it was suspended last for the "Special Military Operation".

Basically a Russian SOTC speech.

I did hear somebody mention the Israeli Premier visited Kyiv this week too.

As long as the US aid spigot remains on....all is well in Zelenskyyville

I do check this guy out to see whats happening

twitter.com...

IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺Putin’s speech to the federal assembly will begin soon
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺⚡ A year ago to protect our people on historical lands. To eliminate the neo-Nazi regime of the established regime in Ukraine, a decision was made on the SMO. Step by step we will carefully and consistently solve the tasks set before us - Putin
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺⚡Russia did everything possible to solve the problem in Ukraine by peaceful means. But the statements of Western leaders turned into a forgery and a lie.

Putin
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺⚡Putin: The United States deployed bases and biological laboratories near our borders, mastered the theater of military operations, prepared Ukraine for a big war.
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺⚡️Putin : we firmly defend not only our interests, but also the position that there should be no division into "civilized" countries and the rest. We were sincerely ready for a constructive dialogue.
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺⚡Putin: in response, we received an indistinct, hypocritical reaction. NATO expanded to our borders, new missile defense position areas were created.
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺⚡Putin: Kyiv's next goal was to strike at Crimea and Sevastopol. Now Kyiv is openly talking about it. They revealed what we already knew so well.
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺⚡️Putin : we are defending our home, and the goal of the West is unlimited power. they have already spent more than $150 billion on arming Kyiv.
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺⚡Putin : The West doesn't give a damn who to bet on in the fight against us. The main thing is that they fight with our country, fulfill their will, serve as a weapon against Russia.
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺⚡Putin : the responsibility for the escalation of the conflict lies entirely with the Western elites and the Kiev regime, for which the Ukrainian people are a stranger.
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺⚡Putin : The goal of the West is to inflict a strategic defeat on #Russia, to end us once and for all. We will respond accordingly, because we are talking about the existence of our country.
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
·
3h
🇷🇺⚡#Russia cannot be defeated on the battlefield - Putin!
IntelCrow
@intelcrows
We know that the west is directly involve to Ukraine's attempts to hit our strategic aviation bases - Putin

edit on 21-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

They call this reporting? Just working their talking points in, then we'll hear the same points vomited up on these boards, lol.

"press on with his faltering invasion of Ukraine"
"Putin repeated familiar and often false narratives about Ukraine and other issues"
"absurdity"

When in fact, everything he said is true (mostly, there are a few questionable statements, lol), especially from his perspective.

Just one look at a NATO member state map will show he's right.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

They call this reporting? Just working their talking points in, then we'll hear the same points vomited up on these boards, lol.

"Putin repeated familiar and often false narratives about Ukraine and other issues"
"absurdity"

When in fact, everything he said is true (mostly, there are a few questionable statements, lol), especially from his perspective.

Any recent events suggest why countries with or near a border with Russia might possibly want to be NATO members?

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

But the TV guy says that nothing Putin says is true and to say other wise is racist! /S

There is no such thing as introspection in the world of politics, just "keep it moving".

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

If a country wants to join NATO that's their call. If Putin doesn't like it he can GFH.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

"absurdity"

Any recent events suggest why countries with or near a border with Russia might possibly want to be NATO members?

Recent events? Like Post Cold War?

- Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Albania, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia.

Upcoming:
-Bosnia and Herzegovina, Finland, Georgia, Sweden and Ukraine.

Yes, there may some some recent events that Russia should be concerned about....

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If a country wants to join NATO that's their call. If Putin doesn't like it he can GFH.

Well, actually it's NATOs call, or I'm sure we'd have countries knocking the door down to join if it was that easy.

Sure, Putin can GFHS, so can Zelensky for all I care.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   

"absurdity"

Recent events?

- Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Albania, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia.

Upcoming:

Yes, there may some some recent events that Russia should be concerned about....

Most of those are countries previously invaded/occupied by Russia.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

"absurdity"

Because the pay is really good.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

"absurdity"

Because the pay is really good.

Nothing to do with Russia's habit of invading smaller neighbours then?
edit on 21-2-2023 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Well, actually it's NATOs call...

No, first it's the applicant's decision to make whether to apply or not.

...or I'm sure we'd have countries knocking the door down to join if it was that easy.

It was happily quite easy for Finland and Sweden to get their applications expedited.

Sure, Putin can GFHS, so can Zelensky for all I care.

But you do care. You seem to care very much about self-determination when it pisses off an authoritarian asshat like Putin otherwise you wouldn't be banging on about NATO membership. They chose to join, no one coerced them. If this makes Putin and Russia angrier, of ****ing well.

"Where muh Serviert Eurnern gern?!?!?!?" - Pooty

edit on 21-2-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: Help me....I'm clotting up at altitude!

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

"absurdity"

Recent events?

Upcoming:

The Cold War is over.

Well, it was, anyway.

Looks like it's starting again, actually, this is probably going to be a Warm War at some point.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

"absurdity"

Recent events?

Upcoming:

The Cold War is over.

Well, it was, anyway.

Looks like it's starting again, actually, this is probably going to be a Warm War at some point.

Putin doesn't seem to think so which is the problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
No, first it's the applicant's decision to make whether to apply or not.

Yea, but you said join, not apply.

If a country wants to join NATO that's their call.

It's their call to apply, not join.

It was happily quite easy for Finland and Sweden to get their applications expedited.

Great. Maybe they should expedite the application for Ukraine?

But you do care. You seem to care very much about self-determination when it pisses off an authoritarian asshat like Putin otherwise you wouldn't be banging on about NATO membership. They chose to join, no one coerced them. If this makes Putin and Russia angrier, of ****ing well.

No, I really don't, lol.

I'm banging on about NATO membership because there's one very relevant country that ISN'T a member, and that would be Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Yea, but you said join, not apply.

You can't join without first applying and it all involves each country's personal determination.

It's their call to apply, not join.

And? You need to apply before your application is considered.

Great. Maybe they should expedite the application for Ukraine?

I wish they would. And anyone else who wants to join. Mutual security is a good thing.

I'm banging on about NATO membership because there's one very relevant country that ISN'T a member, and that would be Ukraine.

I'm sure as soon as hostilities are ended they will have their application presented to the full membership.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join