It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rotting food headed to Florida restaurants seized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is enough to make one lose their appetite.

FloridaToday.com

The state seized 16 tons of rotting pork, beef, chicken, duck, mussels and other food heading for Jacksonville-area Chinese restaurants and dumped the foul food in a landfill, officials said Tuesday.

State officers discovered the meat after noticing a smell coming from a truck stopped at the Department of Agriculture's inspection station in Suwannee Springs. They also noticed the truck's refrigeration unit wasn't working.

In all, 2,511 containers of food were dumped in the Hamilton County landfill. The food was to be delivered to about 30 restaurants before being seized Saturday, said Terence McElroy, a spokesman for Bronson.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Good thing somebody's nose was working better than that truck's refrigeration unit, that could have had some serious consequences had that not been caught. I've heard some horror stories from people who have worked in restaraunts, apparently sanitation isn't very high on the priority list in some of these establishments.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I would hope the restuarants would have refused the deliveries. I know a few people in the restuarant business and they don't accept deliveries when the produce doesn't look fresh.

on and a totally unrelated note...why does everything happen in Florida

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I know a few people in the restuarant business and they don't accept deliveries when the produce doesn't look fresh.

I know a few people in the secret forums buisiness and they don't accept their avatar when it doesn't look fresh

16 tons of rotting animals ? that's gross news !
The refrigeration unit wasn't working... i would dump the corpses in front of the company's main office '~' its a chance i quit meat ten years ago 'cause this story would cut my appetite

join