It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God broke one of the ten commandments and commited one of the seven deadly sins

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
First off on this topic, Sodom and Gomorrah.

here god committed the deadly sin of wrath, and broke one of the ten commandments by committing murder

genesis 19-23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

and the next one does not need scripture, if you read about the great flood, you know god almost committed genocide of the entire human race.

I'm a Christian, but these two acts really disturb me. god is supposed to be without sin, yet these things happened.

i guess i can say my faith in god is waning.

how can I get behind a god who commits the same things that would send a mortal man to hell?

how can god commit a sin, if he hates sin?

I just don't understand these things, can someone enlighten me or help sooth my spirit by an explanation?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wrayth

There's 12 major religions and roughly 4,000 denominations besides. Don't get your mind twisted in a pretzel trying to rationalize a turd sandwich when there's a whole buffet to sate your spiritual appetite.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: wrayth

here god committed the deadly sin of wrath, and broke one of the ten commandments by committing murder

Wasn’t the sin of wrath as you suggest
It was an act of love called judgement

Was the allies actions in WW2 an act of wrath?
Is waging war on ISIS wrath
Is locking up a criminal or executing a murderer wrath or justice?

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Sodom and Gomorrah were so depraved that when angels were sent to warn them of the consequences of their perversion, they tried to rape the angels. Lot tried to offer his two virgin daughters to the rapacious mob so they wouldnt rape the angels. Thank God the angels were capable of quelling the mob with some miraculous light. Crazy stuff. That alone speaks to the levels of depravity in the city. Not a single righteous person could be found in the whole place besides Abraham and Lot.

Regardless, The ten commandments are for humans, not for God. God knows on a level that is beyond our comprehension and can deal with His creation accordingly... Although for Sodom and Gomorrah it was pretty obvious why their destruction was inevitable.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You're suggesting that a God that created the rules for man should be held accountable to the same rules?

Does a parent have the same restrictions as their child? And why not? Not because the parents are vengeful, but because the parents have learned when and how to do things that their children cannot comprehend.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

God destroyed people and the city because of the wickedness of the people who had set their hearts against God. The people were doing things morally reprehensible (rape, bestiality, ignoring the needy). There was no chance for repentence or redemption. They were bringing their evil ways to other people, and "infecting" them. He destroyed what had become tainted with impure DNA, re: nephilim dna and no longer human DNA."

"It is because this people abandoned the covenant of the LORD, the God of their fathers, the covenant he made with them when he brought them out of Egypt. They went off and worshiped other gods and bowed down to them, gods they did not know, gods he had not given them. (NIV). They had made a promise with God and went against it.

Lot's wife was warned ahead of time not to look back, but she did (feeling regretful for leaving the city).

Jude 1:7 records that both Sodom and Gomorrah "indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire."

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Lot and Abraham, Sodom and Gomorrah were BEFORE he wrote the 10 Commandments. He wrote the 10 Commandments for Moses and his Israelites, so the story goes.

edit on 20-2-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

genesis 19-23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

and the next one does not need scripture, if you read about the great flood, you know god almost committed genocide of the entire human race.

I'm a Christian, but these two acts really disturb me. god is supposed to be without sin, yet these things happened.

i guess i can say my faith in god is waning.

how can I get behind a god who commits the same things that would send a mortal man to hell?

how can god commit a sin, if he hates sin?

I just don't understand these things, can someone enlighten me or help sooth my spirit by an explanation?

God is ALL. Think about that. Both sides of the coin. The light and the dark. Conflicting to say the least.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Sodom and Gomorrah were so depraved that when angels were sent to warn them of the consequences of their perversion, they tried to rape the angels. Lot tried to offer his two virgin daughters to the rapacious mob so they wouldnt rape the angels. Thank God the angels were capable of quelling the mob with some miraculous light. Crazy stuff. That alone speaks to the levels of depravity in the city. Not a single righteous person could be found in the whole place besides Abraham and Lot.

Regardless, The ten commandments are for humans, not for God. God knows on a level that is beyond our comprehension and can deal with His creation accordingly... Although for Sodom and Gomorrah it was pretty obvious why their destruction was inevitable.

Correct.

There comes a time when the cancer has to be removed or the entire human race will degenerate into this!

I don't get why that hard to understand. Once something is that far gone, there is no coming back.

Pray for us because this is the road we are heading down currently.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Wasn’t the sin of wrath as you suggest
It was an act of love called judgement

Was the allies actions in WW2 an act of wrath?
Is waging war on ISIS wrath
Is locking up a criminal or executing a murderer wrath or justice?

Love? Is that what you said?

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Something doesn't add up here.

True justice is rehabilitation, not execution or the correctional industry. Plenty of users here have remarked on the fiscal and ethical imbalance created by preserving serial rapists and sadists, or on the flip side, weaponizing the system to punish political opponents for seemingly petty offense. Clearly justice is a complicated matter. But genocide isn't.

originally posted by: cooperton

What do you get when an arbitrator of justice and truth considers themselves immune to the very tenets they claim to represent?

edit on 20-2-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

None are so blind as those who will not see, and when you try to rape angels ... you certainly WILL NOT see. You cannot rehabilitate those who aren't going to look and listen. They are lost to you like an addict is.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Deuteronomy 7:9-10 NASB

Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments; but repays those who hate Him to their faces, to destroy them; He will not delay with him who hates Him, He will repay him to his face.

Wisdom’s Call
8 Does not wisdom call out?
Does not understanding raise her voice?
2 At the highest point along the way,
where the paths meet, she takes her stand;
3 beside the gate leading into the city,
at the entrance, she cries aloud:
4 “To you, O people, I call out;
I raise my voice to all mankind.
5 You who are simple, gain prudence;
you who are foolish, set your hearts on it.[a]
6 Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say;
I open my lips to speak what is right.
7 My mouth speaks what is true,
for my lips detest wickedness.
8 All the words of my mouth are just;
none of them is crooked or perverse.
9 To the discerning all of them are right;
they are upright to those who have found knowledge.
10 Choose my instruction instead of silver,
knowledge rather than choice gold,
11 for wisdom is more precious than rubies,
and nothing you desire can compare with her.

12 “I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence;
I possess knowledge and discretion.
13 To fear the Lord is to hate evil;
I hate pride and arrogance,
evil behavior and perverse speech.
14 Counsel and sound judgment are mine;
I have insight, I have power.
15 By me kings reign
and rulers issue decrees that are just;
16 by me princes govern,
and nobles—all who rule on earth.
17 I love those who love me,
and those who seek me find me.
18 With me are riches and honor,
enduring wealth and prosperity.
19 My fruit is better than fine gold;
what I yield surpasses choice silver.
20 I walk in the way of righteousness,
along the paths of justice,
21 bestowing a rich inheritance on those who love me
and making their treasuries full.

22 “The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works,[c][d]
before his deeds of old;
23 I was formed long ages ago,
at the very beginning, when the world came to be.
24 When there were no watery depths, I was given birth,
when there were no springs overflowing with water;
25 before the mountains were settled in place,
before the hills, I was given birth,
26 before he made the world or its fields
or any of the dust of the earth.
27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
28 when he established the clouds above
and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
29 when he gave the sea its boundary
so the waters would not overstep his command,
and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
30 Then I was constantly[e] at his side.
I was filled with delight day after day,
rejoicing always in his presence,
31 rejoicing in his whole world
and delighting in mankind.

32 “Now then, my children, listen to me;
blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;
do not disregard it.
34 Blessed are those who listen to me,
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at my doorway.
35 For those who find me find life
and receive favor from the Lord.
36 But those who fail to find me harm themselves;
all who hate me love death.”

link   

Hi wrayth. I guess there are two ways you can go with this if you persist in figuring it out. Either away from Christianity as the be all and end all of truth as it can be understood by humans or towards the idea that truth can be found from a much broader scale of human belief systems. It's my observation that in order to follow that first path one must accept the rationalizations that for some reasons beyond the scope of our human understanding, God was justified in the actions you mentioned, in other words, just blame the victims cuz they deserved it.

link   

Just wait till you see what he does to America, and soon. You were warned. America has turned its back on the Living God, and has been warned multiple times. Next step is same as Israel received. Attack right here on this continent. The US is slated for destruction. The smoke goes up forever.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

None are so blind as those who will not see, and when you try to rape angels ... you certainly WILL NOT see. You cannot rehabilitate those who aren't going to look and listen. They are lost to you like an addict is.

So morality can be a bit gray sometimes, opposed to what the commandments would dictate. This is the conundrum.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Something to remember here is that the "God" of Abraham is supposedly a spiritual being as far above us as we are above the animals. Such a being does not see the world in the same way as us lowly humans. What is death exactly to an all powerful immortal being? Who claims to have created life, the universe, and everything about us. Including us. And for some reason wants to eventually "harvest" billions of humans for some future purpose I'm not exactly sure of but seem to be an act of procreation.

But it seems to me you are asking the same questions that Job had. Why was I a prosperous man with a family and all the stuff that came with that and suddenly all was taken away from me? Why was I turned into such a wretched mess for apparently no reason?

That's all I can really tell you here other than "God" has a plan for us. And it's been thousands of years in the making. But remember that a thousand years on the earth is but a day in his presence. And a day to them is as a thousand years on the earth. Adam and Eve is supposedly only 5-6 days ago to them. And since time is a variable to them the big bang may only be 10 to 15 days ago.

In the grand scheme of things we're collectively fleas on the back of an elephant.
edit on 20-2-2023 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

That's a lot of words for "I don't know".

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

But you also have to remember these writings came from a "God" forced to tell stone age farmers and goat herders the mysteries of the universe. Even today many of those "things" don't translate into language. How would Picard from Star Trek tell a 3000 BC sheep herder the mysteries of a warp drive? Planets and suns? Galaxies? The Universe? The sheer size of it all?

: )

edit on 20-2-2023 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Of course, through the lens of modern sexuality, this would be problematic.

For some this is a warning, for others justification in their persistence of hating God.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2 Timothy 3: 1-7

For most a city full of rapists would be a real problem.
edit on 20-2-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   

God is judge. We are not. He gives life and is the one who holds it together. He has different prerogatives over life than we do.

You may find some helpful info in this discussion: www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join