It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gout.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Not one person yet has offered apple cider vinegar as a treatment for it.
What gives???
ACV gives relief pretty quickly.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well I told the afflicted person he must actually go to the doctor.

Even in my woozy state he was quite glad I cared.

Not only can high uric acid levels cause other complications, but these acute attacks usually come in twos.

Then thew's also stuff like Arcoxia they prescribe these days, but yeah, that's for the doctor to prescribe.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I mean much is made of gout as a side-effect of opulence, but in fact fasting can also bring on attacks in the vulnerable.

7 Famous people with gout:
www.rxwiki.com...

At the Oscars: "Common Chris Rock, make a joke about it. I dare you! Just wait until we've crawled up on the stage to slap you".

edit on 20-2-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I heard cherry juice helps.
edit on 20-2-2023 by Hangontight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: halfoldman

The Gout Diet: Foods to Enjoy and Foods to Avoid

www.verywellhealth.com...

A load of crap.

The Carnivore diet will eliminate all gout flare-ups too. Yes, a diet of ONLY fatty red meat.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I was going to tell a "gout" joke.
But then I though naaah, don't put your foot in it.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I get the occasional attack. One foot ankle other big toe. But never at the same time . Weird .

I try to keep away from colchicine. Stomach running like crazy. But trick is to catch it early before it has developed too far. As soon as i feel the onset. Take 1 x antiflamatory. Then 2 x colchicine if the antiflam didnt do the job.

Mine normally dissipates by then.

Causes differ person to person. Mine triggered by processed meats. Red wine. Mackerel. Too much beer. Oh yes and beef stock( any stock actually)

So yah. Need to find out your own vices.

edit on 20-2-2023 by marceldp1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I agree with some other posters about ACV and tart cherry juice.

about 13 years ago my right big toe hurt so much,but tart cherry juice and ACV cleared it up.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

about 13 years ago my right big toe hurt so much,but tart cherry juice and ACV cleared it up.

Every so often I make some ACV with a tad bit of sugar in some water and drink it. It seems to work well when I have certain types of digestive properties and does seem to lower inflammation somewhat. If I eat popcorn, that drink will take away the headache I get the next day...not at all related to salt because I get it with no salt or butter too. foggy head from the popcorn goes away too.

I did the tart cherry juice for a while...but my brother has a tart cherry tree and I get the same benefit from eating a couple of slices of cherry pie from the cherries on that tree. I never related it to gout, but it does stop inflammation in a pie. Wild blueberries must have similar properties to tart cherries, they benefit me too, tame commercial blueberries not so much for some reason.

I have had lots of time to analyze how foods effect my body over the last fifteen years of not working because of my epilepsy. Not many people have the time to do research and test how things effect them like I do.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Every so often I make some ACV with a tad bit of sugar in some water and drink it. It seems to work well when I have certain types of digestive properties and does seem to lower inflammation somewhat. If I eat popcorn, that drink will take away the headache I get the next day...not at all related to salt because I get it with no salt or butter too. foggy head from the popcorn goes away too.

I did the tart cherry juice for a while...but my brother has a tart cherry tree and I get the same benefit from eating a couple of slices of cherry pie from the cherries on that tree. I never related it to gout, but it does stop inflammation in a pie. Wild blueberries must have similar properties to tart cherries, they benefit me too, tame commercial blueberries not so much for some reason.

I have had lots of time to analyze how foods effect my body over the last fifteen years of not working because of my epilepsy. Not many people have the time to do research and test how things effect them like I do.

No doubt rickymouse you have turned me on to more than a few excellent home remedies over the years. Really helped a few years ago when I had my gallbladder removed IIRC

It's ironic you mention popcorn, it was my go-to weight-loss snack till recently. I do my popcorn with no oil, butter or salt, but Ive learned corn isn't exactly good for you. I already take an ox bile supplement before meals and drink some sort of ACV mixture throughout the day.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   

No doubt rickymouse you have turned me on to more than a few excellent home remedies over the years. Really helped a few years ago when I had my gallbladder removed IIRC

It's ironic you mention popcorn, it was my go-to weight-loss snack till recently. I do my popcorn with no oil, butter or salt, but Ive learned corn isn't exactly good for you. I already take an ox bile supplement before meals and drink some sort of ACV mixture throughout the day.

Found a list of chemistries in popcorn a while back at a chemical database site I used to have. Lots of methyl chemistries in it. No wonder that people get palagra if they eat lots of corn. Methyl is detoxed by niacin/nicotine. Basically hot sauce from hot peppers turns it into Ammonia to balance the methyl or ethyl which is turned to Urate or uric acid with benzoic acid added to it from Tomatoes or other citrus....uric acid is necessary for healing in the body to a certain extent so palagra does not form if this chemical combo is used in moderation Too much of this and gout can occur.

That whole system bypasses the normal homeostasis of enzymes in the body that detox, so each part is a medicine or companion food of the other. Think about this and remember, too much medicine is not good for anyone and the proper timing of a medicine is essential. When you hijack the cravings with dopamine creating foods, you crave the wrong thing when needed, highly prepared foods can screw things all up, same with some recipes people use to turn a good food into something that is a comfort food or makes you crave it...your addicted and do not even know it.

Then we have people calling foods super foods for health, so people overeat them and unbalance the metabolism and enzymes. Physical chemical addiction is not just to drugs, it can be to food chemistries that alter brain chemistry and enzyme creation which leads to real addiction that messes up things. People who go for tests for meth get strong niacin pills and pass the test, but their anion gap is elevated with ammonia which the blood test tests for too, but Ammonia can be elevated by non illegal chemistries too.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Diet can be used to control gout pretty well, but there seems to be some conflict with reality with the diet they are telling people. Yes, limiting meat is part of it but not all.

Actually, going 100% full carnivore - meaning, ALL meat/fat - will completly eliminat eALL gout symptoms very quickly.

It is very easy to test, anyone can do it.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Diet can be used to control gout pretty well, but there seems to be some conflict with reality with the diet they are telling people. Yes, limiting meat is part of it but not all.

Actually, going 100% full carnivore - meaning, ALL meat/fat - will completly eliminat eALL gout symptoms very quickly.

It is very easy to test, anyone can do it.

methyl compounds plus Nicotinic compounds in close consumption increases Ammonia in the blood. Then you add some benzoic acid foods and it increases uric acid creation in the blood. This is not the same as the bodies enzymes that increase and moderate uric acid creation.

So, coffee and cigarettes can increase Ammonia then a glass of orange juice full of benzoic acid creates more urate/uric acid which contributes to increased gout risk.

But remember, Uric acid and urate in the body is necessary for healing and antimicrobial action...but too much is not good.

There are many ways other than my example that can create gout. A cup of coffee with a salad, then top it off with spaghetti with it's benzoic acid properties of the tomatoes and gout risk can increase without meat.

I had a guy I know ask me if I knew about gout controls in diet so I spent about twenty hours researching multiple pathways that can increase risk. I did not get to see him for a while...meanwhile he died...so I never got to share it with him. He was ten years older than me, I was about sixty two at the time and he was around seventy two when he died.

It is very complex, but most people parrot the meat connection and that is not always true. A mutation in the genes can make levels get higher by consumption of meats, but that only accounts for about ten percent of cases. The biggest thing is observing a diet that deters the creation of the uric acid without metabolic enzymes. Cinnamon is full of a compound that is converted by the body to benzoic acid almost immediately too. So the cinnamon roll with a cup of coffee and a few cigarettes can also trigger an increase in uric acid quickly. I do not know if ethyl does the same thing as methyl in it's creation.

But always remember, you can use what I say backwards to help you heal by upping urate in the body too. I spent a lot of time running scenarios like hot sauce on a taco salad with tomatoes to increase uric acid levels to heal...there are hundreds of ways to adjust this to increase or decrease creation or to treat low levels of uric acid in the blood if a person doesn't have acceptable pathways to moderate it's creation. High uric acid causes problems but low uric acid can have way worse problems in the body than high levels....keeping it in the right amounts if a person has problems is hard for me to give them an exact diet for, I cannot test it because my genetics is not a risk factor and if I do eat foods to increase the levels, I notice the smell of my urine gets a strong odor but no gout pain so far. The smell of urine can be used as a test I suppose, if you know what uric acid in urine smells like.

So all this knowledge and running scenarios and I cannot tell anyone what to eat, only advise them how to possibly identify their own solution by dietary choices.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join