It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gout.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Mom's like ... schnoodle, schnoodle.

I'm like what?

I'm listening to Slayer.

"What do you take for gout"?

Oh the Colcichine, let me scratch it out the cupboard.

edit on 19-2-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Did some extensive on this subject a while back. Hope that the OP gets the thread fixed so I can give some input on the subject.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

The most important part is get rid of everything diet in your diet. No sugar free candy, no diet drinks, no diet foods. The artificial sweeteners cause gout and other problems. They also make you fat. Use natural spices instead of a lot of sugar and salt.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
How does Colcichine work for people with Gout?

Turns out, just asking for grandad.

But I've had it too.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Gout if diagnosed correctly is caused by higher levels of Uric acid in the blood and fluid of the body. Colcichine is an anti-inflamitory medication I think. It will reduce the reaction to the Uric acid but does not really cure it.

Diet can be used to control gout pretty well, but there seems to be some conflict with reality with the diet they are telling people. Yes, limiting meat is part of it but not all. Ammonia and Benzoic acid foods create uric acid so condiments can make it worse, especially stuff high in some benzoic chemistries like tomatoes and orange juice coupled with byproducts of meat. Methyl or ethyl chemistry coupled with Niacin chemistry create Ammonia in the body. Then add some benzoates and uric acid goes higher. There are some ways to reduce the uric acid or urate in the body by foods or supplements that help to create the enzymes that bring it down or increase secretion of it by the kidneys. It has been a while since I did the research, if interested I can look them up again. Pork has higher ammonia potential than some other meats and Ammonia is higher near bones in meats. I learned that about Ammonia and it's relation to near the bone from someone who commented here on my post and with research it checked out as true.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   
diet drinks
stay away from them
that's all i know

sadly i lost my dear sister which i blame of diet drinks

it is fkn poison
edit on 0200000005462023-02-19T23:46:05-06:00460502pm11 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The Gout Diet: Foods to Enjoy and Foods to Avoid

www.verywellhealth.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
How does Colcichine work for people with Gout?

Turns out, just asking for grandad.

But I've had it too.

What she talks about in that video on treatments needs to be updated. Low uric acid levels are found in the brains of almost all alzheimer patients but rarely does alzheimer disease happen in people who have proper levels of uric acid. Uric acid actually helps promote healing of cells and also is used in cell replication somehow so low levels are no good either. Proper dosing of the uric acid meds is important, the crystals need to be disolved and moderating the foods in the diet that bring the uric acid levels too high is important. Like I mentioned, there are more than one pathway that leads to excess uric acid levels. Coffee and cigarettes can create higher ammonia levels if you consume and smoke too much but most times it is a combination of factors. Too much methyl or ethyl combined with high niacin foods in excess can raise ammonia levels more than the coffee/cigarette issue. Drinking with BBQ spare ribs is probably not a good choice if you lack the proper kidney function or liver enzymes to cut the uric acid levels down.

This is a subject that has many variables, the benzoic acid connection to high ammonia creating diet is a part of it as is genetics. There are many ways to skin a cat.

Seems to me that slowly disolving the crystals would be the best way to treat this. Uric acid crystals also form from the liver bile sometimes and can cause liver pain and gull stones. Occasionally the kidneys can get uric acid stones, but most often they are calcium oxylate stones in kidneys.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sorry, there's a major storm right now ...

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Sorry, there's a major storm right now ...

Snow is falling ?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:14 AM
link   
OK, stopped drinking and smoking long ago (more than a decade), but prone to these extreme diets.

Just eat oats for a week.

Yeah, he'd put the whole world on it too if he could.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Sorry, no snow in Cape Town.

But very rainy and windy, and most people here have no proper housing.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:59 AM
link   

a reply to: musicismagic

Sorry, no snow in Cape Town.

But very rainy and windy, and most people here have no proper housing.

me i live in a tent 5 months out of a year here

April i again live under the stars

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Although, there is something to a man who's about to turn 80.

I mean dang, giving them dietary advice must be like:

giggles

Can I have another piece of chocolate cake?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Regarding the Cape storms:

edit on 20-2-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I had gout in my big toe once... I have an incredibly high pain tolerance but Jesus H Christ, it was horrific!

I recall mocking my brother when he suffered with it, karma was a bitch! I just cut out sugary stuff for a while and drank litres and litres of water to flush my system, seemed to do the trick.

In terms of medication I was given Naproxen by the Doctor, not sure what its known as in the US though.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Gout my friends is brutal.

Some say it's like broken bones.

Broken bones like a hyena bite?

No, no ...

More like tiny shards of bones in the microfilm.

The micro-what?

I mean isn't there an app for that these days?

Just curious, is that "micro" as in "miekrowave"?

Or "micro", as in "microbe"?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Gout - The Disease of Kings:

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   

It's ultimately a metabolic issue. Everyone who suffers from gout has some sort of issue with either their kidneys or liver.
It can either be benign or a sign of a larger issue. But, at the end if the day neither of those organs are metabolizing uric acid correctly and it's being placed in areas of the body that the body sees as a safe place to build up instead of it building up in organs. Unfortunately it ends up in unfathomable amounts of arthritic pain to the point the body forgets just how painful it is almost like trauma and the person who suffers from it just goes back to poor diet.

Sometimes diet has nothing to do with it, but poor diet usually leads to it, much like most lifestyle diseases

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Traditionally blamed on the drinking of port. Certainly alcohol can be a negative factor.

I had a ten-day bout of it last year. Apparently that's how long it tends to last. Ironically, I had been giving myself a small glass of port as a night-cap. Gave up the practice. Hasn't come back since.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join