It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA: Coffee May Prevent Or Hinder Covid Infection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
In our Smokers Paradox thread it was mentioned that caffene may have a positive effect on Covid.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It appears that the 5-caffeoylquinic acid in coffee is high enough to prevent the docking of the spike protein to the ACE-2 receptor and can inhibit the infection process.

Why is this not front page news?

the chemical compound 5-caffeoylquinic acid (trivial name: chlorogenic acid), which is found in coffee, inhibits the interaction by a factor of 50 between the SARS CoV-2 spike protein of the coronavirus and the ACE-2 receptor, the chemical compound 5-caffeoylquinic acid (trivial name: chlorogenic acid), which is found in coffee, inhibits the interaction by a factor of 50 between the SARS CoV-2 spike protein of the coronavirus and the ACE-2 receptor

Could coffee offer protection from catching COVID-19?

phys.org...

The team led by chemist Professor Nikolai Kuhnert, including Dorothea Schmidt and Nicholas Ohl of Jacobs University, was able to show experimentally—in the laboratory—that the chemical compound 5-caffeoylquinic acid (trivial name: chlorogenic acid), which is found in coffee, inhibits the interaction by a factor of 50 between the SARS CoV-2 spike protein of the coronavirus and the ACE-2 receptor, the docking site for the virus on the human cell.

A regular cup of filter coffee—in the laboratory setting, it comprises exactly 200 milliliters—contains about 100 milligrams of 5-caffeoylquinic acid. Experiments in the laboratory showed that 5-caffeoylquinic acid in this concentration is high enough to prevent the docking of the spike protein to the ACE-2 receptor—and therefore also inhibit the infection process. To prove that this process works in practice as well, further research is required.

Scientists Discover How Coffee May Be Inhibiting COVID-19 Infection

sprudge.com...

Even more confounding? There are people who haven’t gotten it. People with petri dishes for children, folks going about their merry way seemingly unscathed. So what gives? What’s their secret? Well, it may be coffee. New research finds that drinking coffee be acting as a deterrent for the coronavirus.

We’ve reported previously on a study linking coffee consumption and decreased instances of COVID-19, with the researchers suggesting perhaps that it was the antioxidant properties of coffee leading to the lowered case count (because that’s often the answer in these coffee and healthfulness studies). For this new study, published recently in the journal Food & Function, researchers from Jacobs University in Bremen, Germany were able to show, in a lab setting at least, exactly how coffee could inhibit coronavirus infection.

As reported by Phys.org, for the study, researchers examined one particular chemical compound found in coffee, 5-caffeoylquinic acid, known more colloquially as chlorogenic acid. In experiments, they found that chlorogenic acid worked to prevent the spike protein of SARS CoV-2 from binding to the ACE-2 receptor, “the docking site of the virus on the human cell.” And in fact, chlorogenic acid preventing the binding of the spike protein by a factor of 50. Unable to attach to the human cell, the virus is infect and spread.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hence why I've probably never caught c19. Never tested positive for it... Probably drink 5 cups of coffee a day at least...

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

For me, about 8 cups a day... plus I smoke, another "paradox" is that smoking seems to have a protective effect.

But somehow, I have never gotten it either.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Same, I usually drink a pot every morning. Maybe a little less the last few months.

a reply to: infolurker

I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, but I use a vape. Probably more nicotine than cigarettes.

But I've never had covid either.
edit on 19-2-2023 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

There is no convid-1984

The Plandemic was just the flu (which mysteriously disappeared from the world in 2020) and a lot of medical malpractice. And the circus keeps ongoing because people keep "testing" with a "test" that is not designed to detect infection (as said by the VERY INVENTOR of the PCR test called Kary Mullis). He also exposed Fraudi for the fraud he is.

No idea how after 3 years, people are still not aware of these facts. Kary Mullis statements were viralized several times the last 3 years. The "PCR test" is a total scam, designed to create a "pandemic of the testing"....

If there was any "NEW DISEASE" or "NEW PATHOGEN", children would have been falling like flies all the last 3 years, because their systems would NOT be adapted for a "new thing". Children were NEVER affected by it. The average fatality rate of people who "died" of "covid" was over 80 years old with several co-morbidities. Exactly the people who used to die of the FLU, when it "existed".

More over, the thing was so FAKE, that they literally had to count gunshot and car accident victims as "covid victims" to artificially inflate the numbers... Everyone who died and had a "positive test" in the last 28 days, was considered a "covid victim", disregarding if they died eaten by a shark. And remember that hospitals were paid almost $50.000 every time a patient died of "covid"...

... time to wake up and stop playing these games....

edit on 19-2-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I probably drink about 10 - 12 cups a day, so I should be fine. Smoke too.

Gggood Thththhing Cccafeine Dddoesn't Mmmake Mmmme Jjjjitery.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Maybe that's why it took so long for me to catch it. Copious amounts of coffee, and I smoke a pack a day.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025

So brilliant. You should be a doctor!

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

If it's a real compliment, thank you. If it's just irony, I'm trying to see any argument or relevant info in your post, but can't fin any. Newsbreak: since 2020, the "doctors" have been killing people by injecting mRNA poison. You won't see me doing that anytime soon. Much love.

edit on 19-2-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025

There is no convid-1984

The Plandemic was just the flu (which mysteriously disappeared from the world in 2020) and a lot of medical malpractice. And the circus keeps ongoing because people keep "testing" with a "test" that is not designed to detect infection (as said by the VERY INVENTOR of the PCR test called Kary Mullis). He also exposed Fraudi for the fraud he is.

No idea how after 3 years, people are still not aware of these facts. Kary Mullis statements were viralized several times the last 3 years. The "PCR test" is a total scam, designed to create a "pandemic of the testing"....

If there was any "NEW DISEASE" or "NEW PATHOGEN", children would have been falling like flies all the last 3 years, because their systems would NOT be adapted for a "new thing". Children were NEVER affected by it. The average fatality rate of people who "died" of "covid" was over 80 years old with several co-morbidities. Exactly the people who used to die of the FLU, when it "existed".

More over, the thing was so FAKE, that they literally had to count gunshot and car accident victims as "covid victims" to artificially inflate the numbers... Everyone who died and had a "positive test" in the last 28 days, was considered a "covid victim", disregarding if they died eaten by a shark. And remember that hospitals were paid almost $50.000 every time a patient died of "covid"...

... time to wake up and stop playing these games....

Bingo! They never isolated the 'covid virus' either. My idiot brother was very eager to 'test for covid' even though he feels perfectly fine, just because it came free in the mail * rolls eyes *

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Good to see that you didn't fall for the scam, friend. Congrats, you are one of the few who saw it coming.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I’ve been smoking weed and drinking coffee since day 1 of the pandemic!

Still healthy, without untested, lied about shots being injected into my body!

I view them the same as a guy that uses uneeded steroids, but for their immune system. The irony is, in most people’s eyes, your balls still shrink.

a reply to: infolurker

edit on 19-2-2023 by Narvasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My wife and I drink between the 2 of us a 10 cup pot every morning. We have both been around numerous people and 2 of our 3 kids that have had it. We both never got COVID. I only had the initial Pizer shot. She has had to get 2 boosters due to her job. Also we never get the flu shot. When her new job required all the boosters and flu shot she got the flu right away pretty bad for about a week. No one else in the family got sick.

new topics

top topics

join