It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bentwaters UFO on Unsolved Mysteries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 03:38 AM
link   
If these photos are legit then I'm the son of king Charles, (they look totally artificial) we have had these from the mystery poacher and there were also some from a mystery policeman with no names or anything that can be checked out, the tabloid rags my fall for this b.s. but not me.a reply to: Ophiuchus1

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

Yes but BS sells Wobb.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman a bit of sponsorship can help jog a memory, I wish someone would sponsor me so I can remember things long forgotten or not understood at the time.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep the show must go on baa, there's still no definitive answers although professor Simon teaming up with John boy we might just get some, but Don't hold your breath.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

You can be sure I wont be holding my breath Wobb.

Here is what Jukie has to say re Holland.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

I recall the story that he was in the forest, and Penniston ventured near the landed craft and that Burroughs was nowhere near the craft. He was somehow spaced out in the forest.

Penniston has carefully manipulated his own story to relegate the roles of Burroughs and Cabansag who were both fairly close by and have no recollection of Jim inspecting any triangular craft. Initially, when he spoke in the 1980s under a pseudonym 'James Archer' ,Penniston claimed Burroughs was close to the craft and about to touch it.

For over 20 years Penniston has since maintained HE was the one touching and inspecting the craft. For some reason it took him 45 minutes. Burroughs is now in a trance. But despite his duty of care, he ignores Burroughs and starts inspecting a crafft. Cabansag is relegated to the radio relay left back near the jeep.

However, if you go through the witness statements taken by Colonel Halt there were five men directly involved and interviewed. Pennsiton, Burroughs, Cabansag, Lt. Buran and MSgt. Chandler. Chandler acted as the radio relay at the jeep. Not Cabansag.

For a deep dive into the first night and witness statements, please visit the First Night Recap on one of the old threads.

But for the sake of this thread, a brief summary would be :

Burroughs, Chandler, Buran and Cabansag’s statements form a reasonably coherent story, Halt's memo and Penniston’s narrative do not.

Penniston claims he left the base shortly after midnight. This seems to be to accommodate his sloth like, 45 mins, inspection of the craft that no one else saw and his story of missing time. A consensus of the other statements would be that events began around 3:00am on Dec. 26th 1980 (even Halt’s time; if not date also agree). With investigations ended and all the men back on base around 4:30am. It also ties in with the Suffolk Police reports that are available.

Penniston's statement clearly states that he felt he'd seen a structure craft, but also that he was never closer than 50m to it. However, Penniston claims he was interrogated by agents of AFOSI [Air Force Office of Special Investigation] BEFORE he spoke to Halt and this statement was pre-prepared and typed up for him. None of the other personnel involved said they were questioned by AFOSI. What's even more curious is why these agents would want him to report a 'structured' craft but claim he never got closer than 50m to it. It sort of throws even more doubt on his story if you ask me. But I'm sure when he reads this he'll process another excuse, as he does.

What does Burroughs say about the Penniston tale?

He has no memory of Penniston ever getting close to a craft of any sort. He only recalls seeing lights in the forest and also maintains that Cabansag was with them and not back at the jeep.

Burroughs even posted on ATS way back in 2006

I will also say Penniston and Halt have also hurt the case . Penniston by the way his story has grown and Halt from the beginning putting the wrong dates on his memo holding onto important evidence and getting witness to change or withdraw their stories...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Burroughs even posted on ATS way back in 2006

Burroughs posts all over the show, to include the old Rendlesham forum where he mentions he knows for a FACT time travel was involved.

Penniston's statement clearly states that he felt he'd seen a structure craft, but also that he was never closer than 50m to it. However, Penniston claims he was interrogated by agents of AFOSI [Air Force Office of Special Investigation] BEFORE he spoke to Halt and this statement was pre-prepared and typed up for him. None of the other personnel involved said they were questioned by AFOSI. What's even more curious is why these agents would want him to report a 'structured' craft but claim he never got closer than 50m to it. It sort of throws even more doubt on his story if you ask me. But I'm sure when he reads this he'll process another excuse, as he does.

Do you think he will respond MM, he should become a member on here .

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I assume his boss wasn't wearing the requisite goggles (thanks to Arby for the recent reminder that Halt never saw the 'beam' with his naked eyes).

Halt had a 'starscope' which was a IIRC a night sight for use with a rifle. But Halt's boss, Ted Conrad, has gone on the record and confirmed.

“Col Halt can believe as he wishes. I’ve already disputed to some degree what he reported. However, he should be ashamed and embarrassed by his allegation that his country and England [UK] both conspired to deceive their citizens over this issue. He knows better.”....

Lt Col Halt’s report of more lights both on the ground and in the sky brought quite a few people out of their houses at Woodbridge to see what was there. These people included myself, my wife, Lt Col Sawyer (the Director of Personnel), his wife, and several others listening to my radio and looking for the lights Halt was describing. Despite a sparkling, clear, cloudless, fogless night with a good field of view in all directions, we saw nothing that resembled Lt Col Halt’s descriptions either in the sky or on the ground. This episode ended in the early morning hours of [28 December 1980].

The Rendlesham Files

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

2) The photos are anonymous after 40 years+. Which is always a red flag. Plus, the witness claimed to be ".. 200ft away from Colonel Charles Halt, deputy base commander of RAF Bentwaters, and his men, when he spotted the glowing orb". But no photos of the men. 200ft is around 67 yards. Not too far away.

It says 200m in the article linked, not feet ?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Penniston has carefully manipulated his own story to relegate the roles of Burroughs and Cabansag who were both fairly close by and have no recollection of Jim inspecting any triangular craft. Initially, when he spoke in the 1980s under a pseudonym 'James Archer' ,Penniston claimed Burroughs was close to the craft and about to touch it.

For over 20 years Penniston has since maintained HE was the one touching and inspecting the craft. For some reason it took him 45 minutes. Burroughs is now in a trance. But despite his duty of care, he ignores Burroughs and starts inspecting a crafft. Cabansag is relegated to the radio relay left back near the jeep.

Thanks for that information...
That is the story I was aware of, basically.

These ufo tales often change like the weather over the years, as did Roswell mutate into various forms.

Interestingly this one was mutated by the experiences, largely not any ufologists as Roswell and many others were mutated---though certainly, the hidden hand of many of our ufologists was behind these mutations of the original story---that is if there is an original story one can pin down.

He has no memory of Penniston ever getting close to a craft of any sort. He only recalls seeing lights in the forest and also maintains that Cabansag was with them and not back at the jeep.

Though he does say in the UM video that he saw a craft on the ground raise up and fly away. I had never known that he claims that in that video at that time, or maybe the video of him is older, I don't know.

Just goes to show us how these tales change. One can get a handle on an event one time, and years later, it's entirely different.

And they can sit down together with Pope and actually write a book with these divergent stories is odd, to say the least. It appears, as you say to be about money.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: chunder

2) The photos are anonymous after 40 years+. Which is always a red flag. Plus, the witness claimed to be ".. 200ft away from Colonel Charles Halt, deputy base commander of RAF Bentwaters, and his men, when he spotted the glowing orb". But no photos of the men. 200ft is around 67 yards. Not too far away.

It says 200m in the article linked, not feet ?

If you read it again it says

The alleged witness claims he was 200ft away from Colonel Charles Halt, deputy base commander of RAF Bentwaters, and his men, when he spotted the glowing orb

Then later on it says...

"It passed me first. Halt and his team were about 200 meters away,

I take that to mean that he spotted the orb when he was 200ft away, and it passed him when he was 200 metres away from Halt.

Unless the article has misquoted him or just messed up completely. Measurement can be imperial or metric in the UK, but it seems inconsistent to use them together like that in the same piece. And 'metres is spelled incorrectly as 'meters' in a British publication. American English doesn't make the distinction. But in UK English, a 'metre' is a measurement and a 'meter' is an instrument used to record measurements.

But it's the Sun. The trashiest of tabloid.

Anyway, it's not really that important, I think the story and the photographs are probably a hoax.

edit on 20/2/2023 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here’s a story in it’s entirety to add to this thread….

Photo is zoomed in view….

Photograph of UFO(s) Taken during Rendlesham Forest Incident Finally Made Public Published: 6:34 PM 4/17/2021 4 extremely bright glowing objects... Dear Sir/Madam, Back in 1980 my mum lived in Suffolk in the East of England. Late in the evening on December 24, 1980 (Christmas Eve) she had just finished making final preparations for Christmas Day and went into the back garden to put some rubbish into the bin.

Whilst in the back garden my mum saw 4 extremely bright glowing objects in the night sky, after observing the objects she went back inside and got her camera and took a couple of photographs. She then stood and watched the objects for roughly a further one minute before they all simply blinked out and vanished from sight.

My mum never told anyone about what she saw, she always kept it to herself. It was 3 years later when she read the newspaper article about UFOS witnessed by USAF military personnel in Rendlesham Forest written in the News Of The World that she realized that what she saw and photographed 3 years earlier was probably and more than likely something to do with and connected to with what Colonel Charles Halt and his men witnessed.

My mum always thought that it was simply too much of a coincidence not to be related, and let's face it, within hours of my mums sighting Halt and his men were running around the forest chasing UFOS.

My mum now lives in a care home and is suffering with Alzheimer's disease. As an individual who does not wish to speak out publicly regarding my mum's UFO sighting, debate the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident with anyone, or speak to UFO researchers and UFO investigators, after much careful thought and consideration, I have decided to release this photograph to a list of credible and seriously minded people and UFO organisations I have compiled so that it can be made available for research purposes and so that the photograph and my mum's UFO sighting can be made available to those who have an interest in the subject of Unidentified Flying Objects.

This photograph which clearly shows the objects that my mum saw has never been seen by anyone except for a few close family members and this is the first time in over 40 years that my mum's story has ever been told.

Whatever the truth is regarding the now infamous Rendlesham Forest UFO incident and what Colonel Charles Halt and other USAF military personnel witnessed in Rendlesham forest all those years ago is, is at present still unknown and is still debated to this day.

Whether the objects that Halt and his men witnessed were something natural, man-made or possibly something even of an extraterrestrial origin as many have speculated, again is still yet unknown and is still debated to this day, and exactly the same can be said about the objects that my mum witnessed and photographed.

However, one thing that I can say without a shadow of a doubt and with absolute certainty, is that whatever the objects were that my mum witnessed and photographed were, in no way, shape or form any kind of lighthouse beam.

My mum's UFO sighting and photographic evidence may not provide any conclusive answers regarding the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident, and might even be completely unconnected and have nothing to do with it.

However, I believe it is a huge and extremely important piece of the puzzle and does indeed prove that Unidentified Flying Objects of a yet unknown origin were infact present in the skies above Suffolk around the Christmas period of 1980.

My mum was never interested in the UFO subject, however, she did read about the Rendlesham Forest case and was firmly convinced that what she saw was other-worldly, she was also of the mindset that both the American and British Government covered the whole thing up and know far more than everyone has been led to believe.

Can’t vouch for authenticity…..what you see is what I see.

👽
edit on 20-2-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Yep Burroughs does say on screen.

All of a sudden, in the clearing, there was an object. It had a bank of blue lights on it.

He made a sketch of it for his witness statement.

However, since then [1991] he has always maintained that he couldn't make out any craft, as Penniston claimed.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I personally think that wasting time scrutinizing pictures that turn up 30-40 years after the event is probably not worth pursuing. Their provenance is suspect for a start. Even if everything could be proven genuine what does it add to the case?

We've had it all years ago when Larry Warren [who might have been there on the periphery] made up a story about a photograph captured of the UFO on the ground. It even featured in Georgina Bruni’s book (You Can’t Tell the People) but mysteriously not his own now out of print book called Left at East Gate.

It was a hoax. Larry told Georgina that a connected friend took the pics originally. Then he changed that to say he took them out in the forest.

Then someone found out he had made his own 'painting' (see below). It looks as if he took a photo of a PC showing a digital depiction of this painting on screen ..... If you look closely you can see his reflection at the bottom of it!!

But I'm not wasting time on that either.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I personally think that wasting time scrutinizing pictures that turn up 30-40 years after the event is probably not worth pursuing. Their provenance is suspect for a start. Even if everything could be proven genuine what does it add to the case?

MM you perplex me with this statement…..for instance….if I understood you correctly, you were always asking where’s the picture to back up the so called Calvine UFO ……did you not think scrutinizing the Calvine UFO photo once it showed up after 32 years was important? or as you implied above….a waist of time as well?

At this rate, your not going to accept pictures of purported UFO’s whether there from yesterday or decades ago. There’s no satisfaction with you….and never will be with your statement. Your not willing to entertain possibilities.

Old pictures matter if they’ve been held as personal witness secrets not wanting to be revealed. Did it ever occur to you…..that for some to reveal their secrets and come out of the shadows….some will wait until they themselves feel it’s right to do so.

It’s okay ….,it’s your prerogative to be All Knowing and no one else matters. I’m cool with it…I need not contribute to your threads….my prerogative 😉

And why you have a double running Rendlesham thread going on ….is a beyond me….it’s inefficient to be bouncing between both…..imo.

👽

edit on 20-2-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And why you have a double running Rendlesham thread going on ….is a beyond me….it’s inefficient to be bouncing between both…..imo.

I could not figure that one either.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

MM you perplex me with this statement…..for instance….if I understood you correctly, you were always asking where’s the picture to back up the so called Calvine UFO ……did you not think scrutinizing the Calvine UFO photo once it showed up after 32 years was important? or as you implied above….a waste of time as well?

The Calvine photo was known to exist at least in some capacity. There was provenance. But when it finally turned up it left us with even more questions.

Don't take this personally. I wasn't getting at you.

It's more my own sense of apathy after all these years. I just don't think that there is any real will to resolve what happened in Rendlesham Forest. Keeping a mystery rolling seems to be more important by the main players and ufotainers. Any 'new' information just seems to pollute the case even more. It has become more and more of a myth as time has passed, and I don't see any resolution on the horizon.

Yes I agree on this. It was part of the Unsolved Mysteries show and so part of the series of threads. We'll be moving on to another one in the near future, and this one can go into hibernation.

edit on 20/2/2023 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

I could not figure that one either.

Yet you praised it on Page 1. Alternatively, would it not strike you as odd if MM had deliberately decided to avoid an 'Unsolved Mysteries' episode during a series of threads ABOUT... 'Unsolved Mysteries'?

This thread is about the TV show's approach to the case at a certain point in time when, for example, the release of the original statements was a few years away - subsequently shedding fresh light on John & Jimbo's alternative realities about the first night.

As for Ophi's point about suspicions surrounding newly released photos after 40 years, the overall context of the decision to release them is as important as the photos themselves. There are so many rampant liars, fraudsters and con-artists within ufology, that to not use caution as a first response would be very naive.

edit on 20-2-2023 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's so true about this case being littered with a kaleidoscope of tales. Not unique in ufo flaps of course.

Human bad nature, for some reason, has latched on to UFOlogy something fierce.
It is a phenomenon in itself.

I wonder if it is a coincidence that the two most well-known ufo flaps, one, the Roswell of the UK, have been on or near US military air force basis, having a connection with nukes.

Both are not exactly on or in the base, just nearby.

One happened in the 80s, and the other was resurrected on or near the 80s...
Coincidence?

I believe there’s no way these incidents, particularly Rendlesham, were not interfered with by the Air force intel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join