It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter, 98, opts for hospice care after string of hospital visits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: carewemust

We often disagree but I’m extremely sorry to hear that.

The human experience is often incredibly hard. Sometimes our decisions become incredibly difficult when we make the decision for hospice. We all know what it means, but sometimes humanity is picking the most comfortable and peaceful exit.

My wife and I do volunteer work at the hospice facility where my dad died. It's touching how "at peace" both the dying and the family members are, during life's last stage. Those who have not experienced the setting and process before are both surprised and relieved.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Good on you two for volunteering somewhere so intimate to the human experience. Unfortunately many of us don’t have a lot of people around us in the end. I’m sure just your presence is extremely impactful. I imagine it’s also enriching for you two to state our mortality right in the eye, which probably gives an incredible perspective to how you two view life.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
I doubt that any other US President will ever repulse an attack by a rabbit while in a boat.
Carter did that.
Killer Rabbit!

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So it turns out the media has always reported on dumb # and the opposing party will use that to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Blaine91555
Jimmy Carter was voted Worst President of The Modern Age .
It took Barack Obama to take that title away from him decades later .

Oh , there were so much more.
The aides at the "peanut plantation" , some wrote books about their experiences there .

Do I suspect that Carter was the leopard that changed his spot ?
Most likely , as the years went by .

From a Georgian.
A life-long Georgian .
Who voted for Jimmy Carter , just to go around and apologize to every person I met.

I have nothing but respect for the man. My not agreeing with his politics is entirely irrelevant. His flaws are no worse than anyone else and in many ways, he's a better person than many. The motivation behind his actions was correct even when the outcome was bad. I can't say that about very many politicians. Why a person does something is just as important as the act of doing something.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kunlunkungfu
Jimmy Carter was the only peace president who opposed wars.

Guess you never heard of Donald Trump.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Oh , there were so much more. The aides at the "peanut plantation" , some wrote books about their experiences there . Do I suspect that Carter was the leopard that changed his spot ? Most likely , as the years went by .

Why do folks overlook those parts of my post ?
Let me expand :
I did not like Jimmy Carter policy wise as president.
After his presidency and back home in Plains, Ga. he hired aides on the plantation . None stayed very long at all . Some went on to write books on life with Jimmy Carter post presidency .
However , around 2000 , Carter changed , thus the reason for my "leopard changing spots" remark .

Maybe the above will clarify .

edit on 2/19/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   
President Carter choosing to live his life from home is smart...he will enjoy his life a lot more...he knows what he is doing; what is right for him. Bless him heaven is ready for him and he is ready for heaven

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I was not criticizing anything you said. Just make a general statement of my beliefs about Carter.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Gothmog

I was not criticizing anything you said. Just make a general statement of my beliefs about Carter.

What I was attempting to say was after 2000 Carter seemed to become a kinder , more caring person .

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Overall, Carter was an ineffective president. But the Camp David Accords are a notable expectation and enduring foreign policy success from the Carter Admin. Moreover, post-presidency, I respect how Carter remained true to his values and work for Habit for Humanity. So, I hope Carter's life is beyond the White House and is an example for others to follow.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join