It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter, 98, opts for hospice care after string of hospital visits

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Jimmy Carter has “decided to spend his remaining time at home” in hospice care after a series of short hospital stays, the 98-year-old former president’s family said in a statement on Saturday.

The statement, issued by the Carter Center, said the ex-president’s choice had “the full of support of his family and his medical team”. It also said the family “asks for privacy during this time and is grateful for the concern shown by his admirers”.

Source

Regardless of what you may think of the job he did as President, I think we can all agree that Jimmy Carter was one of the finest men to hold the position.

Honestly, his Presidency may just be a footnote in his life.

Before he took the highest office in the land, he ranks as one of the top Governors Georgia has ever had (I urge everyone to listen to his Law Day speech.) After he left the Presidency he became one of, if not the most, preeminent humanitarian in the world.

Many politicians hide behind their religion. Carter has lived his.

All of my thoughts go to his family and I hope he passes surrounded by everyone he loves.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Jimmy Carter has “decided to spend his remaining time at home” in hospice care after a series of short hospital stays, the 98-year-old former president’s family said in a statement on Saturday.

The statement, issued by the Carter Center, said the ex-president’s choice had “the full of support of his family and his medical team”. It also said the family “asks for privacy during this time and is grateful for the concern shown by his admirers”.

Source

Regardless of what you may think of the job he did as President, I think we can all agree that Jimmy Carter was one of the finest men to hold the position.

Honestly, his Presidency may just be a footnote in his life.

Before he took the highest office in the land, he ranks as one of the top Governors Georgia has ever had (I urge everyone to listen to his Law Day speech.) After he left the Presidency he became one of, if not the most, preeminent humanitarian in the world.

Many politicians hide behind their religion. Carter has lived his.

All of my thoughts go to his family and I hope he passes surrounded by everyone he loves.

It's been pointed out before that Carter was too honest and forthcoming for the dark side of DC, but after Nixon, the country needed a good dose of that. He was an excellent governor of Georgia.

It's ironic we are talking about election interference and meddling when it's obvious the pre-Regan administration had plenty of shenanigans.
edit on 18-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Personally, I liked Carter, one of the truth old fashioned presidents, it is very sad news, I am from GA, and he lives close to the town we live, I go to Plains once in a while, a charming littler town stuck in the old days. They have a littler shop that serves homemade peanut ice-cream to die for.

Soo sad, but he has lived a long fruitful life. Very sad to hear.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sad to hear. He seemed good hearted to me. I would vote for him over Biden even now.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Is that the same fellow that was building houses into his 90s?

Godspeed Jimmy.

From what i can fathom he's one of the good'yins.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Regardless of his political efficacy as president, he’s one of the few that has more integrity than most people I know, much less a politician.

Elderly man gets heat stroke building habitats for humanity, gets fixed up and goes right back to work. They don’t make them like that anymore.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I did vote for him back in the day. It was when they were allowed to call an election before the polls closed. I was pissed and felt like my vote truly didn't count when Reagan was declared the winner and there were lines of people still waiting to vote.

I understand he made some bad decisions and was hated for it but I always liked him and had much respect for him regardless of his mistakes. The man practiced what he preached and lived by leading by example.

The things he didn't handle well have been handled just as bad or worse by later presidents but somehow, no one hates them for it. I refer to *ahem* Obama and Biden and all of their foreign faux paus.

Carter is a saint and I will always think of him as such regardless.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
President Carter was a man of honor and the Lord above have rewarded him with a long life. I truly liked the man.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   
He was a terrible president (to nice), but a fantastic human being and the world will be worse off without his presence in it.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

President Carter was perhaps the worst President of my lifetime, but he is a good and decent man who has my utmost respect. His politics were not my cup of tea but that does not alter my opinion of him as an awesome human being (one rare occasion where I'm good with the use of "awesome" in a description).

If ever any people deserved such a long life it's President and First Lady Carter.

Just three years ago when he was at the young age of 95...

Bravo President Carter for a life well lived.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I encourage all to take a trip if you can to Plain GA and take the Jimmy Carter tour, is not a long one but is rich on history, after all the places he attended and live in including his mother's house is still there, for all to see, the littler apartment where he spend his honeymoon and first years with his wife, the school he wen to with his wife and the church that he attended until recently.

Is worth to visit the littler town, plus the peanut ice cream.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Jimmy Carter confirmed the existence of UFOs/Alien Life.

That was a HUGE revelation back in the 1970's!

Former President Carter was/is a Good and Wholesome Christian man.

Not like today's younger Democrats at all.

Prayers for a Pain-Free Departure. 🙏

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A good man who was in way over his head as President.

But...

He did the best job that he could. Quite honestly, can you ask for more?? I don't think so.

Honest. Hard working. Good man. Such accolades are too seldom attached to politicians--or non-politicians, for that matter.

He'll be missed by those of us who care about such things.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
Jimmy Carter was voted Worst President of The Modern Age .
It took Barack Obama to take that title away from him decades later .

Oh , there were so much more.
The aides at the "peanut plantation" , some wrote books about their experiences there .

Do I suspect that Carter was the leopard that changed his spot ?
Most likely , as the years went by .

From a Georgian.
A life-long Georgian .
Who voted for Jimmy Carter , just to go around and apologize to every person I met.

edit on 2/18/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Like former President Carter, my Dad passed while receiving hospice "care", though he was in a building composed solely of hospice rooms. Food at first, but his appetite left and he died 3 weeks later, receiving nothing but pain medication for the cancer.

It's not how I want to go, but "hospice care" is a very peaceful, humane way to transition to the next life when you're terminally ill.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

To me, men are defined much more by their character than their careers.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Gothmog

To me, men are defined much more by their character than their careers.

I covered that.
Please review .

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   
When you pass from this life to the next, the only thing that matters is how you treated other people and your respect for the world and all of its life forms.

Jimmy Carter is an authentic human being, and what lies beyond will welcome his spirit in a big way.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We often disagree but I’m extremely sorry to hear that.

The human experience is often incredibly hard. Sometimes our decisions become incredibly difficult when we make the decision for hospice. We all know what it means, but sometimes humanity is picking the most comfortable and peaceful exit.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Jimmy Carter was the only peace president who opposed wars.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join