It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's ridiculous how your entertainment choices overload your suggested choices are hyper focused now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yesterday I looked up a little bit about Age of Empires and now I got advertising and suggestions for Age of Empire content all over Youtube LOL.

Did the same I watch one or two fishing pond builds, and now I get all kinds of fishing crap.

It will change my research habits if I know Im gonna get bombarded by something else that semi-related
edit on 18-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Well, it sounds like they are improving.

I was looking at magnet fishing videos and got advertisements for bait.

Years before that, I was watching a couple of people dancing in 'Cats' type cat costumes. There were cat food advertisements added to that video.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Always happens. I research a product on the Internets, buy what I need, then see ads for the next few months for what I already have. Too late, chump.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I research a product on the Internets, buy what I need, then see ads for the next few months for what I already have. Too late, chump.

That happens to me a lot, too. I wondered if anybody else experienced that.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I have and it's very annoying

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A friend and I were discussing the best dog food for a puppy. Not doing any www. research...

Now getting a lot of dog food adverts as is my friend. Our phones are listening in addition to recording every move you make.
edit on 19-2-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   

edit on Thu Dec 28 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   
These targeted algorithms drive me batty. Just because I am browsing for a video on a particular topic doesn't mean I want to become so obsessed with the subject that I begin to build my entire lifestyle around the topic and plan on completely redecorating my house to reflect the thematics.

edit on 12/20/23 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

top topics

join