It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition - Free Weekend on Steam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I still have AoE 3 from 2005 in my physical collection but back then I was more into Medieval Total War and Rome Total war so AoE didn't get the playtime it probably deserved , fast forward to 2023 and AoE IV which released in 2021 has popped up on steam as it has a free weekend and sale lasting until 23 February , time for a trip down memory lane.

Featuring both familiar and innovative new ways to expand your empire in vast landscapes with stunning 4K visual fidelity, Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition brings an evolved real-time strategy game to the next level in this celebratory new version that includes a host of free new content such as brand-new civilizations, new maps, additional in-game updates and languages, and new masteries, challenges, taunts and cheats – all at an amazing value that packs in more history than ever before!

Time to fight the French again.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If you can catch them. lol

Thanks for the heads-up, I'l check it out. I remember playing the first version aeons ago.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thank you for the heads up mate.

I will definitely give it a go as I played AoE back in the day too.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Loved AOE and AOM both, and played them a lot with my daughters unlike most games we enjoyed felt like there was an educational element to it.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

AoE 2 and 3 will forever be remembered

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I still have AoE 3 from 2005 in my physical collection

Good news! I wasn't aware that there was an Age of Empires IV, but I still have the first three in my physical collection. Any more information about the title of this thread, like a link maybe? Because I'm interested into looking into this. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

No problem.
store.steampowered.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You have just awakened my sleeping nerd side.

AOE was my favorite game of all time.

We used to have LAN parties and play it. For the youngin’s…
We didn’t have laptops back then, so we would haul our big ol’ desktops around to whomever was hosting and then hook em’ all up and then play for HOURS, building our civilizations and killing each other.
You would have thought we were really killing people too the way some people acted.

To this day I can’t watch a movie with a trebuchet without wax pining over that game!

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Also wanted to add, when the movie Lord of the rings came out, the battles reminded me very much of this game!

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I still have AoE 3 from 2005 in my physical collection but back then I was more into Medieval Total War and Rome Total war so AoE didn't get the playtime it probably deserved , fast forward to 2023 and AoE IV which released in 2021 has popped up on steam as it has a free weekend and sale lasting until 23 February , time for a trip down memory lane.

Featuring both familiar and innovative new ways to expand your empire in vast landscapes with stunning 4K visual fidelity, Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition brings an evolved real-time strategy game to the next level in this celebratory new version that includes a host of free new content such as brand-new civilizations, new maps, additional in-game updates and languages, and new masteries, challenges, taunts and cheats – all at an amazing value that packs in more history than ever before!

You mean the Gauls?

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

You mean the Gauls?

Obelix approves of your post!

edit on 1722023 by Wide-Eyes because: Grammar, why not?

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

OMG I want to play it again.

I will say playing this game as a woman had some advantages.
Men fight in a similar manner which gave me an advantage.

There were times I would also build a double wall and boy would that get some of them steaming mad!
I think as a woman how we fight and protect is very different/complicated!

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

No problem.
store.steampowered.com...

Thank you very much! I'm going to go check that link out right now!

As a matter of fact, I was playing AoE II just a couple days ago.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
We used to have LAN parties and play it.

I did that, too!

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

OMG I want to play it again.

I will say playing this game as a woman had some advantages.
Men fight in a similar manner which gave me an advantage.

There were times I would also build a double wall and boy would that get some of them steaming mad!
I think as a woman how we fight and protect is very different/complicated!

I know so do I.

Yep, we did a few LAN setups too.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I would get really made when some of the more advanced players would come in and kill my peons right away.
That would get me really heated. I guess that is similar to what happened in history too!

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Nope.
I am a huge " Total War" series fan .
But even the early AoEs are better than 90% of the games being released nowadays .
edit on 2/17/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Is it just my imagination or did they not say that Age of Empires IV would be set closer to the present, like WW2, Gulf War, etc.?

new topics

top topics

join