It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Health Department: Health Alert on mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine Safety

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's quite obvious that you don't consider Bret Weinstein to be the be all and end all.
I was surprised that you said that you listen to him.

Do you know what he took when he got covid a couple of weeks ago?

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

It's quite obvious that you don't consider Bret Weinstein to be the be all and end all.
I was surprised that you said that you listen to him.

Do you know what he took when he got covid a couple of weeks ago?

Why would I not listen to him? I'm not like many here that are extremely one sided in all this and if one actually reads my whole posts they would see that, but I think some typically stop at the point of disagreement and do not go farther attacking that one thing.

As example I have said from the start that I see zero reason to give healthy people under 40 the vaccine and this has to do with the nature of the virus. I have also said that if you are old and/or high risk you really needed the vaccine in the beginning. I don't think people out side of very high risk needs the booster(s) as new variants are not as bad as delta was. We all understand the vaccine does not have long term testing and so there is risk not needed when you mandate it.

As to what he took, IDK, but I bet it was ivermectin as he was a very early supporter of the drug. If that is what he took then he really got over COVID on his own as would be normal with this variant and he is healthy. Doing nothing at all would be a few days of a minor flu for most.

This is from March, and so I do not agree with Bret on everything, but he does bring a refreshing view point to many topics.

Bret Weinstein, a former biology professor at Evergreen State College, rode ivermectin to fame and fortune. He and his wife Heather Heying said the drug, used most often to deworm cattle and horses, could eradicate COVID-19 by preventing and treating infection.

Weinstein’s pro-ivermectin, anti-vaxx stance made him a darling among Trumpers and Tea Partiers. He appeared on Joe Rogan’s podcast four times, talked with Tucker Carlson on Fox, and Bill Maher on HBO. The appearances boosted interest in his own Dark Horse podcast, which he hosts with Heying from their 3,500-square-foot home in Southwest Portland. They have 416,000 subscribers on YouTube alone, and a book they wrote last year was a bestseller (albeit briefly).

“The evidence is surprisingly compelling, indicating Ivermectin dramatically improves outcomes in COVID patients, and is very effective preventing infection,” Weinstein tweeted on May 29, 2021.

Lately, though, science has caught up to them.

The latest, best studies show that ivermectin does little to prevent or treat COVID. A bombshell arrived this week, when the New England Journal of Medicine, the ne plus ultra of medical research, published a study showing that ivermectin did nothing to treat COVID infections or keep them from worsening to the point of hospitalization.

“Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital,” the researchers wrote. “There were no significant effects of ivermectin use on secondary outcomes or adverse events.” The secondary outcomes included death.

In short, ivermectin did nothing to cure COVID-19. Unlike the previous studies that got people like Weinstein and Heying fired up about the drug, this one was double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, and large, with 3,515 patients.

Weinstein didn’t return a text or an email seeking comment.

“There’s really no sign of any benefit,” Dr. David Boulware, an infectious-disease expert at the University of Minnesota, told the New York Times about the study on March 30. “Now that people can dive into the details and the data, hopefully that will steer the majority of doctors away from ivermectin towards other therapies.”

There was a flood of bad testing about a few drugs that blew up on social media and now we are seeing the results of actual double-blind testing from true researchers using large groups and the results is they don't help.

My main point during the hey day of pushing ivermectin was that we just do not know, but I hope it works. I didn't have a lot of confidence in it working though due to the very nature of the drug.
edit on 5-3-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   
From his Twitter page

twitter.com...

Dr Joseph Ladapo
19 Jan 2023

Here in Florida, we put data and facts over dogma. At this point in the pandemic, it's likely that these mRNA COVID shots cause more harm than good in most Americans

edit on 7-3-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join