It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sphinx Rain Marks From 12,000 Years Ago?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak
I was talking about the Sphinx enclosure and the associated temple next to it that was made from the quarried stone from the enclosure .
It’s the temple next to it that was re-clad in dynastic times with granite . The inner limestone blocks quarried from around the Sphinx show the same erosional features as the enclosure and Sphinx body.

Here’s a paper that shows just how confusing and mixed up the data is regarding culture, population spread,DNA , sediment data, super arid climate, along the Nile up to the end of the last ice age .
Both the abstract and conclusion state that conflicting data needs more of a multi disciplinary approach to reach a better conclusion.
This is just an example of how conflicting data is rife in this area of study , and that by no means is any science ‘settled’ despite what trainee gatekeeper Andy Mayhew would try to make you believe .

But ssshhh, that’s geology ….
The Main Nile Valley at the End of the Pleistocene (28–15 ka): Dispersal Corridor or Environmental Refugium

a reply to: JamesChessman

Shh that’s geology! Thanks for the info and links, I’ll look at it more, later tonight.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Ah ok, here’s your quote of pretending that thought that the head caught the same (or more) erosion as the body.

Indeed - which rather suggests the worst of the erosion occurred after the head was re-carved (if it was). ie after dynastic times ....

But every photo disproves that, because it’s very clear that the body caught the most erosion.

So it’s no wonder that now you’re pretending that you didn’t say that, which you did. Quoted.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamesChessman

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

You pretended to not understand that there are salt deposits, after saltwater evaporates? Right?

In theory, a marine incursion which was then disconnected from the ocean, and evapourated, would leave salt deposits. But no such incursion has occurred in Egypt in recent geological times.

Most salt deposits in the Sahara - as in N America, and elsewhere in the world - are actually from freshwater lakes drying up.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is all totally irrelevant to the age of the Sphinx.

Actually I think you’re irrelevant to the thread because every post is saying crazy things that you never follow up.

Here you are misrepresenting the entire conversation.

We are discussing ancient times and your argument is that saltwater hasn’t been there in RECENT times. Well good thing we were discussing ANCIENT times.

I think you couldn’t be more blatantly obvious that you’re just fabricating nonsense and fabricating confusion for readers that aren’t quite keeping up with the substance of the thread.

No, what you are calling "ancient times" is recent compared to the last time there was ocean water at Giza.

Harte

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

You pretended to not understand that there are salt deposits, after saltwater evaporates? Right?

In theory, a marine incursion which was then disconnected from the ocean, and evapourated, would leave salt deposits. But no such incursion has occurred in Egypt in recent geological times.

Most salt deposits in the Sahara - as in N America, and elsewhere in the world - are actually from freshwater lakes drying up.

en.wikipedia.org...

Actually I think you’re irrelevant to the thread because every post is saying crazy things that you never follow up.

We are discussing ancient times and your argument is that saltwater hasn’t been there in RECENT times. Well good thing we were discussing ANCIENT times.

I think you couldn’t be more blatantly obvious that you’re just fabricating nonsense and fabricating confusion for readers that aren’t quite keeping up with the substance of the thread.

No, what you are calling "ancient times" is recent compared to the last time there was ocean water at Giza.

Harte

…No, I was referring to MILLIONS of years ago, ocean theoretically over the Sahara. “Ancient times.”

It’s a separate, relatively RECENT timeline, for discussing the end of the Ice Age, and the resulting 5,000 years of rains & floods, starting around 10,500 years ago. “Recent times.”

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak
I was talking about the Sphinx enclosure and the associated temple next to it that was made from the quarried stone from the enclosure .
It’s the temple next to it that was re-clad in dynastic times with granite . The inner limestone blocks quarried from around the Sphinx show the same erosional features as the enclosure and Sphinx body.

Here’s a paper that shows just how confusing and mixed up the data is regarding culture, population spread,DNA , sediment data, super arid climate, along the Nile up to the end of the last ice age .
Both the abstract and conclusion state that conflicting data needs more of a multi disciplinary approach to reach a better conclusion.
This is just an example of how conflicting data is rife in this area of study , and that by no means is any science ‘settled’ despite what trainee gatekeeper Andy Mayhew would try to make you believe .

But ssshhh, that’s geology ….
The Main Nile Valley at the End of the Pleistocene (28–15 ka): Dispersal Corridor or Environmental Refugium

Ok I skimmed over the linked article, it’s slightly less readable for me on my phone (compared to reading on my computer).

It’s a great paper, and very dense information, I’m glad the research is happening.

So if we were going to summarize the dense information…

I think the substance is that the Nile is proposed for allowing human migrations, ongoing, in different directions, for like 14,000 years… during the ice age, and afterwards.

Is that basically the substance of the paper? It’s easy for me to accept that idea, that there has been ongoing migrations through the Nile, in all various directions, since during the ice age.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

I said recent geological times. ie the last few hundred thousand years or so.

But if you think that's not the case, please do present your geological evidence to the contrary. Rather than just making unfounded assertions.

Well congratulations, you confused Harte, I think his first time visiting the thread.

I was always referring to ocean (over the Sahara) MILLIONS of years ago, and I never said anything else about that, lol.

Great job misrepresenting the conversation to create confusion… and to create ignorance… for other people.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Didn't the Greeks rebuild the Sphinx when they moved to Egypt and did all the cosplaying? Or is my memory affected by massive amounts of Marijuana?

It was originally called the Shesepankh (translates: living image)

Somewhere there has to be a drawing of the the Shesepankh with its original face and wings intact. Part man, part lion part ox part eagle.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenSchillin
Didn't the Greeks rebuild the Sphinx when they moved to Egypt and did all the cosplaying? Or is my memory affected by massive amounts of Marijuana?

Probably the latter.
The Egyptians repaired the sphinx more than once.

Harte

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

The Kemets where particular about proportion and accuracy. The head has evidently been re carved. It sits in a pit and it use to be full of water (yes the island of the Jackel) Many references to it should you choose to look. Not many to your imaginary sphinx.

This explains the water marks and the fact this was a temple to the dead and the most important of Gods to the Kemetics Anubis / ask Apnu. IN times past it was painted red. ( a reference to the red star of the dead it represented.

This star is still honored today by the secret and occultic societies of the world. Hence Jackel Island in America (home to an underground temple and the place the (EL)ite banking system use to meet.

Reference to Dog cult religion / and the underworld can be found worldwide for example it was two dogs that gaurded the underworld (Naraka) in the Hindu religion / or Xolotl who gaurded the underwold to the Aztecs. Garmr guards Helheim (the underworld) Cross the water and we have Annubis to the greeks / (Apnu to the Kemets) All perfoming the same role.

These stark similarities across many cultures and time allow us to see reference to the commonality of source.

Looks to me like your NWO history narrative is not doing so well these days..

:-)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I agree that it looks like it was sitting in a pool, which explains the goopy melted walls of the pit.

Do you think the statue included a giant water fountain of some kind? We know there are holes in the statue, a hole on top the head, and holes behind the ear or ears. I can imagine it being a giant fountain built into it…

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   

12000 is pushing it, but 15000-5000 years ago the Earths axial precession is in the green Sahara phase, and looks like a savanna. About 3000 BCE this cycle ended and the interior lakes finally dried up.

I dont doubt it's old enough to have been built at a time before the Nile was the only water around. If built around 4500 BCE rain erosion is definitely plausible.

Pyramids too if still standing in 7000 years.

That applies to the entire desert belt. In 7000 years the summer monsoons now start to hit Algeria. Earth is still approaching the dry maximum of this cycle.
edit on 2-3-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join