It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl commercials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't know if people feel the same as me about this but I think this years super bowl commercials really took a nose dive and went down hill. I can barely remember some of those commercials. A little context, when I usually watch anything I really don't consume commercials. That goes for sports as well. I usually do some thing else in that interval while the commercials are going. But the Superbowl commercial are supposed to different. There supposed to be million dollar ads that people have worked hard on that leave you with a lasting impression that I should check out that company.

instead for this year I think we got Superbowl commercials that were down right bad and boring. The best commercial for me was the babies getting married/wedding reception E-trade commercial. I thought that was kind of funny. But come on! where are the memorable moments. Where are the Clydesdale's, where are the frogs, where are the wazzzuup! guys?

www.cbssports.com...

thats from CBS which gave their ranking of the top five commercials, (I mean their number one commercial I couldnt even watch because of my own bias against Canada for authoritarian reasons.)

Again some of these commercials are not memorable and evoke no emotion almost like regular commercials.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I don't know if people feel the same as me about this but I can't recall even one Superbowl advertisement in my lifetime that made me buy a product I wasn't already gladly investing in.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I spent most of the commercial breaks and half time in the kitchen but of the ones I saw…. I noticed that at lest some of the commercials weren’t even commercials, in the conventional sense. I noticed some with QR codes to scan to see the actual commercial. Strange but I suppose smart to save money on the advertising side.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
They were dumb and weren't at all funny.

I, too, would like to know why Budweiser didn't run a commercial this year. Their ads are the only thing I look forward to with regard to the SB.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I don't know if people feel the same as me about this but I can't recall even one Superbowl advertisement in my lifetime that made me buy a product I wasn't already gladly investing in.

I'm out of the demographic, somebody on ATS was raving about how fabulous they were and I couldn't roll my eyes back far enough in my head. I thought they mostly sucked very badly

Yea but as long as you know the Budweiser Clydesdales is all that matters.

Plenty of evidence that past SB commercials like GoDaddy and Weather Tech really made an impact on their sales. There have been others too.

and I absolutely loathe advertising, but if it didn't work on some levels companies would use it. Hell people thought online was gonna kill TV ads? but it hasn't yet, in fact, it's just given advertising more revenue streams. Selling to the American consumer is a huge business, especially in hard economic times. It's an industry based mostly on complete BS

edit on 14-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I didn't watch the game, and this year we did not even go searching for the commercials because people I know said they were not very good....like you said...Just regular commercials.

I heard a lot about the half time show with all the white things that people said reminded them of watching kids cartoons like tubitubies or something like that Saw little pieces of it and never even considered watching the whole thing after the game was over. I think maybe she has baby brain, I guess she is pregnant....and has a kid that probably watches those kid shows.

The wife was reading reviews by others in the area, not many of the women like it and rarely did any guys post comments on it.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
the ads were cameo's of Hollywood has beens. like that's suppose to be enough.

I loved and was surprised to see the Jesus ads.

Be childlike

I can't get Love Your Enemy to post but it's on the same page.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

They don't need to make commercials "good" to get you to buy the product. All they need is a platform to hide the subliminal in.

In fact the subliminal in the advertising my not even be directed at the product being presented; so you get 2 ads for the price of one.

Those Madison Ave geeks are a clever lot....

www.marketing91.com...

edit on 14-2-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I spent most of the commercial breaks and half time in the kitchen

Good girl!!

Anyway, I noticed a couple "Christian" commercials and did some research. It seems the company behind the commercials is controversial and hypocritical. It is as if they purposely create outrage and make true Christians look bad to underinformed masses.

No other commercials really stood out besides the crazy bunnies throwing people into a pit. That was interesting on a couple levels.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

There was a LOT of throwbacks to older TV, music & movies this year.
I really don't get it. There were a couple that were OK, but even those were lame.

Best one was the Tubi one towards the end, where it pulled up the app and made it look like your TV was doing it.

I actually thought I sat on the remote at first.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I dont know again if others feel this way but I was a little concerned with the ad with the google pixel phone? you can edit someone out of a picture. I was like wow. We are truly living in the world of possible deep fakes. or if you wanted proof you were actually somewhere you said.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Actually I’m a guy but no offense taken. Friends and family would go to the ends of the Earth for my wings, ribs and macaroni salad.

I caught one of the Jesus ones. Felt like a video representation of a bumper sticker that I would probably walk past without noticing.

Was there really no Budweiser one? I thought maybe I just missed it.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
It was a simple joke so thank you for not being triggered sir.

Edit. Oh wow, I didn't catch anything from budweiser either. There was 1 slightly humorous beer commercial where the 2 brands were arguing whose commercial it was and it ended up being a commercial for and entirely different brand.
edit on 14-2-2023 by Illumimasontruth because: Added on

top topics

join