It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan State University Suspect Anthony McRae Dead from Self Inflected Gunshot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Michigan State University Suspect Anthony McRae be dead.

The suspect who shot eight Michigan State University students — three fatally — on Monday evening had no evident ties to campus, police said at an 8 a.m. press conference. Police are still searching for why Anthony McRae, 43, allegedly walked into two campus buildings and opened fire. He had no known current or past ties to the university, police said. After police published a photo taken from a security camera of McRae, a member of the public phoned police with a tip on where he was. Shortly after police made contact with him, he died of a self-inflicted gunshot.

McRae has a history of illegally possessing firearms. He was sentenced to 18 months in state prison in November 2019 after being convicted of possessing a loaded firearm in a vehicle. He was released from supervision in May 2021.
"He lives in a 960-square-foot home on the north side of Lansing, east of Capital Region International Airport. The home is owned by his father Michael McRae. A chain link fence blocks off the front driveway.

Megan and Tyler Bender, who live on the same street as Anthony McRae, said he moved in with his father about a year ago. They said Mike McRae, Anthony's father, is a scrapper well-known in the neighborhood.

“He’s never done any harm to anyone,” Megan Bender said. “He’s just an old man, minds his business.”

But police had been called to the residence before because of the sound of gunshots, Megan Bender said. Megan Bender said Anthony McRae would fire out of the back door of the home, she believed for target practice."
www.detroitnews.com...

Again, criminals HAVE NO REGARD FOR LAWS! GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION ONLY KILLS LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. If any of the students would have been armed like Indiana 22-year-old bystander Elisjsha Dicken, (who was legally armed, for fatally shooting the suspected gunman before more people were killed), this would have been prevented.

www.fox2detroit.com...
www.michigansthumb.com...
www.freep.com...

edit on v332023Tuesdayam28America/ChicagoTue, 14 Feb 2023 09:33:58 -06001 by Violater1 because: links

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My how McRae has fallen: shoutoutla.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Law of unintended consequences.

I read tons of tweets and other posts on social media last night.

What I was hearing was NOT about restricting guns, but that students said they felt like sitting ducks without the ability to defend themselves. I heard from people in apartments that had self defense felt protected.

If they keep pushing gun control, the exact opposite will happen….

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

During a press brief last night I heard a reporter ask the deputy chief if anyone tried to engage the shooter, I thought to myself, "uh, No.. it's a gun free zone!"

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Can we stop sending military aid to the world's hot-spots and shift some funding to armed guards, metal detectors, and other means of protection for our schools and universities? Why aren't our loved ones, most of whom are the most defenseless, not fully protected as are our elected officials in their offices and buildings, courts, etc? I don't like the look of armed personnel, but "if it saves just one life..."
Politicians are the most vile of hypocrites.
edit on 14-2-2023 by Zrtst because: added

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I would advise everyone that can legally own a gun, to go out and buy one for self defense purposes.
If someone is afraid or has never shot a gun before, I strongly advise taking a gun safety class.
Not everyone that owns a gun needs or wants to have a CPL but owning a gun for home defense is a must.
And don’t forget to follow all safety rules for storing it at home if there are children present.

Anyone that wants to have a CPL, go to the gun range with your gun and make sure you can shoot it proficiently before you apply.
They will give you some range time when taking the CPL class but it’s not enough IMO.
I take my guns to the range 2-3 times a week and have for some time now.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If you'll pardon my grammatical meddling, your title should read self inflicted not "inflected".

Personally, in his position, shooting myself is probably the smartest move. But ideally prior to public display of gun violence and resulting casualties. Stay home and die with a tiny withered scrap of dignity still intact.

Some very rare few people simply can't be saved.

edit on 14-2-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Spot on advice Raz!✌️

EDC

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Michigan State University Suspect Anthony McRae be dead.

He doesn't seem like much of a White Supremacist.
How many MAGA rallies has he attended?

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I’m going to age myself here…. Cough cough…

When I was younger kids used to bring GUNS TO SCHOOL.
Yes they would bring them in because many would go hunting after class.

Oh just you wait, there’s more. During Halloween, we were even allowed to bring fake guns, swords, machetes,
And all manner of violent devices.

I don’t remember a single incident of gun violence at school. Occasionally we’d have a fist fight. Sometimes there would be bullying. On a rare rare occasion you’d hear of someone getting stabbed or a box cutter incident, but that was usually at a different school. We even had an epic food fight one time.

So what happened? Somewhere along the line all blame was put on the item(s) and not the person.
Not the family, or lack of. Not the illness, or possibly the medication itself.

I think in order to solve this problem we don’t need to go forward, we need to go backwards.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Spot on advice Raz!✌️

EDC

It can get expensive going to the range a lot with the price of ammo now but I have a membership at Range USA.
You pay a monthly membership fee and you can shoot as long as you want compared to about $22/hour for non-members.
I pay $40/month and just using it a couple times a month would save you money.
I highly recommend them, they have several locations across the country.

rangeusa.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: JAGStorm

During a press brief last night I heard a reporter ask the deputy chief if anyone tried to engage the shooter, I thought to myself, "uh, No.. it's a gun free zone!"

I said people die when laws are broken and that was one of the big ones - gun free zone.

Everyone law abiding there is defenseless.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I go so little these days, but my lisc is up for renewal, so off to the range I go.

New EDC 357 Mag...prob blow my hand off
edit on 02231828America/ChicagoTue, 14 Feb 2023 13:58:18 -060058202300000018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I go so little these days, but my lisc is up for renewal, so off to the range I go.

New EDC 357 Mag...prob blow my hand off

That's a revolver, right?
357, 45 or 10mm works the best.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Michael McRae, the suspect's father, did not respond to requests for comment from the Free Press, but told the Washington Post that he repeatedly asked his son to get rid of his gun.

“I told him to get rid of the gun,” the 66-year-old said, according to the Post. “He kept lying to me about it and told me he got rid of it.”

The father told the Post he once confronted his son after hearing gunshots in the backyard, which Anthony McRae explained were fireworks. Michael McRae said he saw bullet casings in the grass.
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Yeah. Started w 38 in Miami 1974....went semi autos for yrs n decades. Recently sold Glock 30-45 ACP...3 9mm's...kept the 357 /38. Wife has a derringer 38.

top topics

join