It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the far-left stop calling police killings of non-whites a human rights violation in the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I know that the death of black man George Floyd after being suffocated by a white police man in May 2020 added fuel to the fire of the position by the radical left that police brutality against African Americans and other US citizens of color is evidence of the US violating human rights, although one and every instance of such police brutality against non-white Americans is sanctioned by city governments' police departments rather than the president of the United States. In the wake of the beating of African American man Tyre Nichols by five African American police officers late last month, the radical left needs to ask itself whether this incident undercuts their constant opinion that police brutality against African Americans and other people of color is proof of supposed human rights violations in the US.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well why would they want to do that? 😎

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Any brutal murder of a human by a federal employee is a human rights violation. Otherwise it's just regular murder.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

This. Leftists treat any extrajudicial killing by the police as a potential human rights violation.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I don’t see why they would. Colour and ethnicity have nothing to do with human rights.

a reply to: Potlatch

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What is funny is that every one of these killings has taken place in a City that is controlled by Democrats. The Police Officer's unions are pro-Democrat. The Courts that let them off are Democrat. Yet it is supposedly a human rights violation? Even during the heaviest of the "defund the Police riots" the Police Unions were standing behind the Democrats. WTF is wrong with this picture?

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

What is funny is that every one of these killings has taken place in a City that is controlled by Democrats. The Police Officer's unions are pro-Democrat. The Courts that let them off are Democrat. Yet it is supposedly a human rights violation? Even during the heaviest of the "defund the Police riots" the Police Unions were standing behind the Democrats. WTF is wrong with this picture?

During the vice presidential debate, Kamala Harris tore into Mike Pence's claim that Joe Biden was less committed to law and order. In your opinion, do you see LA Mayor Karen Bass taking commonsense measures to suppress acts of police brutality against people of color?
edit on 12-2-2023 by Potlatch because: Added question mark

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Any brutal murder of a human by a federal employee is a human rights violation. Otherwise it's just regular murder.

Police officers are not federal employees.
You stand corrected .

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

In the wake of the beating of African American man Tyre Nichols by five African American police officers late last month

It was racist .

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Nope is not going to happen because this is an agenda against the police int he US, regardless of if the policemen are white or black or any other color.

Things are just going to get worst.

The liberal woke wants the nation with no authority in the streets and in chaos, we already seen this happening in democrat cities around the nation where working citizens are under siege everyday by the criminals in their communities, war zones in america.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

by five African American police officers late last month

Let's pretend we're unaware of the white cop with a taser, who "somehow" (somehow) got around this process. Which paints a gigantic question-mark on the entire system of state violence. Right?

White cop who tasered Tyre Nichols so far not charged

edit on 12-2-2023 by Insurrectile because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   

true. but that is not the point they are making when talking about it being a human rights violation. they are not talking about the police brutality itself. they mean in their supposed racism in killing or harming any "person of colour" by police for whatever reason, including self defense or protecting other innocents, is the human rights violation. in other words it's not the killing they are actually talking about, it's the fact the dead person happens to not be "white". and when it comes to a case like this, where the officers are also a person of colour, then those officers are considered to be "white", and thus still racist according to many democrats/liberals ideals.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Of course they'll keep following the same agenda. They will only stop if it doesn't work any more.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Will the far-left stop calling police killings of non-whites a human rights violation in the US?

I doubt it. Why would they? It works so well. Instead of focusing on the very real violations of actual human rights, especially by law enforcement, they've got you talking about "Black" and "White" instead.

Their mission is accomplished.

And I'm sure they're very grateful to you and everyone who plays into their game.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

You stand corrected .

Oh, so the police are definitely allowed to murder suspects based on any permutation of sloppy technique, prejudice, sexual frustration or bribery because they aren't federal employees and therefore immune to that silly oath thing police typically swear to. Thank goodness we're not being pedantic because that little incongruency might have resulted in serious damages.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You stand corrected .

Oh, so the police are definitely allowed to murder suspects based on any permutation of sloppy technique, prejudice, sexual frustration or bribery because they aren't federal employees and therefore immune to that silly oath thing police typically swear to. Thank goodness we're not being pedantic because that little incongruency might have resulted in serious damages.

I like laying logic traps for folks.
I knew your rebuttal before I posted my original reply .
Do you realize what the OP is about ?
No ?
It's about the violence of police officers .
Get it ?
Police officers.
Not federal officers who would be of the CIA or FBI among others.
You seemed to think , from your post, police officers were federal.
Or , are you acknowledging your own post was off-topic ?
I merely corrected that mistake without changing anything else from your post.

Don't make me wait so long next time.

edit on 2/13/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You stand corrected .

I like laying logic traps for folks.
I knew your rebuttal before I posted my original reply .
Do you realize what the OP is about ?
No ?
It's about the violence of police officers .
Get it ?
Police officers.
Not federal officers who would be of the CIA or FBI among others.
You seemed to think , from your post, police officers were federal.
Or , are you acknowledging your own post was off-topic ?
I merely corrected that mistake without changing anything else from your post.

Don't make me wait so long next time.

The CIA is a foreign civilian intelligence agency, unlike the FBI. What proportion of police officers seem to enticed to police brutality against people of color due to mental illness or other forms of dementia?

top topics

join