It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairbanks Command and Data Aquisition Center (NOAA)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Spent the last hour trying to upload a picture that will give some better context and neither browser I use would cooperate, since I want to get it down before I forget or get distracted by the kid tomorrow and lose details I am going to go ahead and write it out.

FCDAS NOAA

The Fairbanks Command and Data Acquisition (CDA) Station is NOAA’s primary satellite ground station for downloading data from and sending commands to polar orbiting satellites.

The link is to the web site for the location.

This is my second winter in central alaska (love it never gonna leave it) I have been going to Cleary Summit to watch the aurora on a regular basis for both winters. To get there from fairbanks you drive right by the entrance gate for this location, (pretty heavy duty gate to) and up until tonight I never noticed anything odd about the place, tonight I saw someone entering the location at 10 pm at night and the lights.

Driving past it tonight I noticed a lot of lights, bright white lights (couldnt see anything through the trees) got to cleary summit got out of the car and looked back towards the area this place is and the sky was lit up with white light.

I know it was the NOAA location because on a normal night if the sky is crystal clear you can barely see the lights from fairbanks (bout 31 miles away from the summit, and 500' ish lower), and tonight wasnt crystal clear, we had a good bit of cloud cover between the summit and fairbanks. I was at the summit for a little over an hour and by the time I left and drove back down past it the bright lights were gone and when I went past the gate all I could see looked like maybe a single spot light shining up. (aurora was really pale tonight so it could have been a single ribbon just as I drove past)

If someone can help me out ill cheerfully send the picture.

Normally I wouldnt pay to much attention to this but since all this odd stuff with the balloons and what nought in alaska it seemed strange to see activity there, after seeing nothing for 40-50 trips to the summit and to see the activity on a saturday night.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 05:27 AM
link   
A couple hours ago a plane landed in Fairbanks that flew direct from Washington DC.

N3877

It was an interesting one to me, because there wasn't much other traffic around, and this thing came in screaming at 470 knots and 43000 feet for the trip.

Looking up the registration, it's registered to a foreign corporation in the state of Delaware under the name 821,393 LLC

Interesting, as that number, 821393 is the patent number of the Wright Brother's patent for the first powered flight airplane.

This is all I know about anything interesting going on in Fairbanks this evening.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Odd.

Perhaps making preparations for their Valentines Day celebrations. I'm wishing now I hadn't searched their website for clues. I feel traumatised having seen this.

Celebrate Valentine’s Day with NOAA-themed content that is sure to make you and yours swoon! Whether it’s sharing the latest satellite imagery of heart-shaped cloud formation with a loved one or flattering your sweetheart with a valentine about the salmon life cycle (romantic, right?), we’ve got you covered! Happy Valentine’s Day from NOAA.

www.noaa.gov...

a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yeah that’s creepy.

F hallmark and all it’s whiny driveling.

a reply to: Kester

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
irishhaf, there is a specific URL one has to enter to reach the image upload page. Navigating to image upload area from the site menu doesn't work. I found it the other night and neglected to jot it down, but the URL can be found in the numerous (related) threads in the Board Administration forum. Just look for any/all threads titled like "image upload broken, not working" etc. I had thought the URL was something like img...(dot)abovetopsecret(dot)com but I tested it out and the browser merely echoes back the URL, so that' not it.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This looks like code talk a reply to: Kester

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

is this what you wanted to post?

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

use this one,

img.abovetopsecret.com...

works like the in the console but opens in another tab.

edit on 12-2-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
justin is here now saying recovery teams are on the ground. www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I lived in Alaska at Eielson AFB for 4 years. It is a small base. I know it better than my own house. The going ons, that is.
I know the Fairbanks area fairly well too.
There is never much lights coming from Fairbanks, as there is hardly anything there. Id think the University would bring about most of the lights. But Eielson can be lit up quite a lot during winter, as 1. daylight is short and 2. they fly 24/7 (day/night) an do engine runs all winter long.

Also, jets from Eielson and even Elmendorf are scrambled weekly with Russians entering our airspace. I went thru numerous Defcon 2s and even a 1 while living there. Nobody was allowed to leave their house. And anyone stuff off base were SOL. They also host foreign military for Red Flag events. Or did. Not sure if they still do now. So, while the base is small, it is a very very active base and lit up 24/7.

I am not discounting your story. Just giving my own bit of info.

edit on 2023 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join