It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pending Financial Collapse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Very impressive Irishhaf! I have dabbled a little bit, nowhere near good enough to do it professionally, it has always been an interest of mine and a good way to exercise the mind a little bit

I could possibly build my own home page if I were so inclined, but that is about it

I do still remember when they were the size of a room and used punch hole cards
edit on 2/16/2023 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Do you think Tesla would have honestly chosen that route? He would have scaled out Wardenclyff
But point well taken

I get that not everyone is like Tesla, some would definitely waste it or cause themselves harm with it, and they would likely take themselves out of the gene pool doing it

It is a slippery slope that starts for some people who don't have a purpose in life as many tend to get themselves into mental health issues. Or they get stuck in a Gov plantation trapped with no way to improve themselves at all.

It is a problem to be sure

But what is the solution to automation and AI? Use the government to legislate inefficency and human falliablity while China and that lot soars in front of us? It is coming whether we like it or not. The US government has already been holding back companies offering incentives to keep humans in jobs. But machines don't take breaks, they aren't subject to being tired or staying out late, they don't need time off, they don't ask for pay raises, they don't make mistakes when properly implemented, they don't need accomodation, they don't ask for retirement and pensions, they don't form labor unions, there are lots and lots of benefits over flesh and blood employees. Eventually the cost of keeping human employees will vastly outweight the benefits, and no amount of incentive will help. And once China or someone like that makes the leap, we will have no choice but to follow or fall behind.

If not UBI, then what? There already aren't enough jobs to go around, what happens when 95%+ suddenly become obsolete? What will that do to mental health?

Maybe we will find our purpose in life can't be defined by things like a career choice, but by our passions and who we are as people. I myself would love to take up archaeology and studying those who came before us. And being retired I get to do it to some degree, I can even fund it, but not everybody is that lucky or saved enough money to pursue them

edit on 2/16/2023 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
How do we fund UBI?

Where does money come from to give to people who don't offer a thing for society when they are healthy and capable of caring for themselves?

If this were to happen (and I'm skeptical), my guess is they'll take everything from people earning a certain amount or less and then redistribute it equally to everyone regardless of education, skill or ability to work. You'll then be given back an equal amount as everyone else. You'll be expected to spend that money and it will find it's way back into redistribution from profits since private businesses will have to give it up.

Oh, and if you have a house with too much floor space, the government will move less fortunate people in with you.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

That outcome is still better than the vast majority showing up for work and finding out "your jobs have been replaced by a single machine we don't have to pay, your services are no longer needed."

Which is exactly what will happen. The technology already exists to make that happen and as the population continues to careen wildly it will only get worse.

No need to take anything from anyone though, just cut the out of control defense spending which dwarfs all other spending combined

I doubt UBI will happen too, only because politicians on both sides are paid too handsomely by lobbyists to make sure it does not.
edit on 2/17/2023 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
George Jetson worked three hours a day, three days a week.

Think he could afford the flying car that folded up into a briefcase, robot maid, wife, two children and a dog and that fabulously 1960’s mod furnished apartment without some sort of UBI?

Dude had leftover money for schemes and entertainment activities. Sure, bills were a big discussion in many episodes but he was fired a lot too (but must have had one heck of a union rep to get him hired back all the time).

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Something BIG? is in play at the World Bank?

www.ft.com...

Saw a reference to this in another forum.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Keynes thought we'd all be working a 15 hour week by the 1970s.. but then the way the establishment keeps creating its own calamities as our society is still based on cheap credit and even cheaper labour..
edit on 17-2-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

an interesting account to keep an eye on is philip pilkington hes focused on the emerging economic multipolar world.. interesting takes from across the world that don't make the msm.. i tend to only follow those social media accounts through alternative front ends.. notably nitter for twitter..

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That's funny. Now what I was actually thinking is that we will have large facilities with holodecks (aka Star-Trek) in them and people would show up to them to perform work, work that could be used to measure how much of their allotment they receive. They show up do things and nothing material gets created or wasted. While they are at it, they could tie the work product to some sort of blockchain to maybe generate new virtual coins. IDK just musing about how to put people to work without creating anything or using actual resources.

It could be used to keep people who can't figure out how to find meaningful things to do with themselves a bit more sane.

a reply to: Ahabstar

edit on 17-2-2023 by evc1shop because: eta, spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
in my last post, (look up) I specifically called out having folks go to holodecks or facilities so that the people have to travel (car, bus, public, etc..) spending their money and keeping the cycle going.
edit on 17-2-2023 by evc1shop because: bad keyboard spelled things wrong.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The reality is that social assistance isn’t about helping the poor so much as keeping the retailers, transportation and manufacturers (including food by farmers) in business. Let’s say you made Bic lighters but no one smoked. There is less and less demand for them unless you develop a market…prepper/survivalist.

But if the survivalist doesn’t have enough discretionary funds, you will go out of business and probably take the candlemakers with you as matches cause global warming (according to your ads.)

Govt dole to the rescue.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

wtf. where are you?

that's terrible.

plenty of cash around here in this Western state.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I do still remember when they were the size of a room and used punch hole cards

Yep I remember visiting my dad at work and he would pay me to clean the area under the floor boards in the server rooms, I was 5 grade ish and the mother boards were as wide as I was tall at that point. (bout 3 feet by 3 feet in size) this was 77 or 78

Amazes me now that when removing an SSD drive from a work PC and it is like 1 inch by a half inch.
edit on 17-2-2023 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Time warp double post
edit on 17-2-2023 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Protect your garden! I've recently gone into hydroponics, not weed. Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, dill, and few others. Is it enough? heck no! But I do go shopping as well, watched a few vids but dang I just don't have the money to do what's needed. One leg at a time, We need to start producing more food, with China and Bill Gates buying up all the farmland....

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Islandparty

Protect your garden! I've recently gone into hydroponics, not weed. Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, dill, and few others. Is it enough? heck no! But I do go shopping as well, watched a few vids but dang I just don't have the money to do what's needed. One leg at a time, We need to start producing more food, with China and Bill Gates buying up all the farmland....

Protect your land, protect your home, at all costs.

They are going to make sure that only the rich own land and homes. We are at the beginning of a new feudal system.

As far as the pending collapse is concerned, I am questioning the "pending" part.

I think we are already in the beginning stages of it. Quickly moving to the middle.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Islandparty

Heat and light can grow a lot, remember that!

Heat and light!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join