It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Dorado, a genius hoax by Native Americans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Given that it has not been found, and the descriptions are quite fantastic, it's possible that this city never existed. I am leaning toward the concept that each of the various native tribes saw a powerful conquerer asking about a rich land and kept saying, "oh yeah, I know that place. Much richer than our village. Keep going south, you're almost there.", just to get rid of the conquistadors.

Unfortunately I don't have any way to test this idea.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The thing with the hoaxes and the psy-ops is that the hoaxer is not really the problem. The problem is the fool who believes whatever self-comforting tale they are told. Some examples: "safe and effective", or "trust the plan", or "build back better". ATS is full of those people, sadly.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Maybe!

How many do you think didnt believe the stories from(often) hostile tribes when they came in talking metallic white guys with thunder sticks on the way? Not many I suspect.

More over I can see them sending the Spaniards on down the road to a tribe theyve had issues with in hopes of getting them in trouble.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeremiah33three

The gold of central America was looted to hell!

Eldorado, if it ever existed, is a drop in the ocean when it comes to looting the Americas.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025
The thing with the hoaxes and the psy-ops is that the hoaxer is not really the problem. The problem is the fool who believes whatever self-comforting tale they are told. Some examples: "safe and effective", or "trust the plan", or "build back better". ATS is full of those people, sadly.

#wagga1wagga

edit on 7-2-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Far more likely that it's a misunderstood version of a real ceremony that members of one tribe reported about a different tribe. The Spanish were eager to find gold and were not very good with the local languages (relying on interpreters, who were not completely fluent in Spanish).

The practice of throwing sacred items into a lake is fairly old and common to many cultures.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It was practically given to them... the Aztec emperor invited cortes and his army into the capital, then taken hostage, and then lost in a gambling "dice" game where he hegded his bets on a royal flush type play. The Aztecs were a very optimistic people it seems. All the surrounding tribes hated them as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A misconception.

The myth of El Dorado starts as a tribal king covered in gold dust, which became a city and ended as a great golden Empire.

Really, the initial story was a gold covered dude jumping into a South American crater lake to appease something.

You cannot find the city because it's a morphed myth. Maybe intentionally, which would make it a brilliant way to kill people in the jungle.

You can find the crater lake though.

edit on 7-2-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Most ancient civilizations in the Americas talks about magical cities of gold, is not only el dorado but also Cibola, El dorado had 7 cities, the Spaniards send over 100 expeditions to find these cities and never found any.

I agree that it was a way to keep the Spaniards busy and away from killing the natives.

Also lets no forget the famous fountain of youth in Florida, that Ponce the Leon spend years looking for it.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Fun theory...but impractical.
Conquistadors would've (and did) systematically tortured the natives to get the truth of whether or not it was real or a hoax.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   

jews found it first
but yeah, youre right, take them away as far as possible,,,
indian should have slipped away at night so they got
lost and wild animals get them

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Oh, I was unaware of that detail.

new topics

top topics