It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeSantis Stomps on the mouse's tail.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
florida is risky as it is because hurricanes so all this will do is drive disney out of the state, along with all their billions of dollars and might motivate universal and the various other companies to leave too. all these actions will do in the end is impoverish florida,

LOL I take it you aren't a Floridian and if you are then you must be a relative new transfer.

Sure Disney is going to leave and lose all that land and business . Also Im sure once Universal and the others hear that their number 1 competitor is leaving they are going to be heart broken. LOL.

The irony is watching democrats support a corporation getting breaks from the gov;t and fighting for their corporate rights . LOL
Not very AOC of you. Luckily AOC and most democrats have taken hypocrisy to another realm that even makes the republicans blush.

Here is a little secret there are more places then just orlando in florida and orlando is more diversified than just Disney.

all because ideals Republican voters dont even care about but seem to think they do, while not realizing its all rhetoric that ambitious opportunists are spouting, all the while laughing about how foolish the common person is for allowing emotion and false idealism to dictate their decisions, to allow themselves to be manipulated by politicians so easily with lies.

Im not republican nor do I handicap myself to any one political ideology or party. Having said that , I fairly sure you will be hard pressed to not see Floridians happy with Desantis . Furthermore calling out the liberal idiocracy of race baiting , sexualizing kids in elementary schools , and forcing the working class to take an experimental drug with no long term testing all the while encouraging man in drag to be role models to young kids is anything but false idealism.

edit on 06228America/ChicagoTue, 07 Feb 2023 20:06:43 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: infolurker

Trump certainly seems to think DeSantis was partying it up with underage girls considering he shared the image multiple times today.

Any picture or videos of him sniffing little kids and making them squirm ?

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Disney has just been put on a level playing field with all the dozens of other theme parks in Florida.

Why should Disney receive special treatment when it is actively and admittedly trying spread racial discrimination and indoctrinate children into radical gender ideology?

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

No, you didn't.

Your claim: "[Do you think] Disney has gone too far, ie, taking citizen homeowner's property via eminent domain" as if Disney stole land from poor homeowners back in 1966. And all you can point to is some condemned swamp land that was turned into a drainage canal. You can't even point to how anyone was ripped off, just that some landowners opted out of something.

The full quote from your source, not the cherry-picked part that you dishonestly used to make it look like Disney was stealing land of poor unwitting citizen homeowners.

On March 11, 1966, several landowners, all fully-owned subsidiaries of what is now The Walt Disney Company, petitioned the Circuit Court of the Ninth Judicial Circuit, which served Orange County, Florida, for the creation of the Reedy Creek Drainage District under Chapter 298 of the Florida Statutes. After a period during which some minor landowners within the boundaries opted out, the Drainage District was incorporated on May 13, 1966, as a public corporation.

Some minor landowners, who were fully owned subsidiaries of what is now The Walt Disney Company opted out of being art of the Reedy Creek Drainage District Corporation.

There's no need to lie about Disney's history to make your point, that you think the Disney Corp is too powerful and needs to be "deregulated" in Florida.

edit on 7-2-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Why should Disney receive special treatment when it is actively and admittedly trying spread racial discrimination and indoctrinate children into radical gender ideology?

Are you suggesting that the government should punish corporations for exercising their 1st Amendment constitutional rights? I mean, if Disney has broken any laws, by all means fine them, sanction them, whatever. But violating their 1st Amendment rights because you disagree with their message is fascist. Is that what Florida wants to do, punish Disney for their speech, and in doing so become a fascist testing ground for the "woke agenda"?

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: watchitburn

Are you suggesting that the government should punish corporations for exercising their 1st Amendment constitutional rights? I mean, if Disney has broken any laws, by all means fine them, sanction them, whatever. But violating their 1st Amendment rights because you disagree with their message is fascist. Is that what Florida wants to do, punish Disney for their speech, and in doing so become a fascist testing ground for the "woke agenda"?

Considering books being held from children right now are books about the first black baseball player and little black girl who integrated schools, along with the state athletic board considering passing regulation that mandates all young female athletes must provide information on their menstrual cycles. I'm thinking yes.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
florida is risky as it is because hurricanes so all this will do is drive disney out of the state, along with all their billions of dollars and might motivate universal and the various other companies to leave too. all these actions will do in the end is impoverish florida, all because ideals Republican voters dont even care about but seem to think they do, while not realizing its all rhetoric that ambitious opportunists are spouting, all the while laughing about how foolish the common person is for allowing emotion and false idealism to dictate their decisions, to allow themselves to be manipulated by politicians so easily with lies.

You don't get out much, do you? You're overlooking the fact that Florida would then be a paradise once all the woke companies with their woke business leaders and their woke ideals leave.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don't think there's a mechanism for secession in the Constitution.

However, it does specifically say that we are duty bound to overthrow a filthy commie authoritarian government.

I'm feeling insurrectiony.

Yeah! Why should the good states secede? Just run off all the bad states.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Political theater and disadvantageous, actually.

Disney paid for its own policing and other services. Now Florida has to pick up the tab.

Disney has security, just like most large corporations, but they do not have a police force. Disney resides in Orange County, so Orange County SD do show up when needed.

Florida wont have to pick up the tab. Customers will. Prices are continually raised.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Trump certainly seems to think DeSantis was partying it up with underage girls considering he shared the image multiple times today.

Trump needs to knock his # off. He also accused Cruz of false things.
This is not going to bode well for him. DeSantis is well liked by Trump supporters.
He needs to STFU about DeSantis.
And I have been an avid Trump supporter - but I will criticize anyone who does dumb #.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

Disney paid for its own policing and other services. Now Florida has to pick up the tab.

Disney has security, just like most large corporations, but they do not have a police force. Disney resides in Orange County, so Orange County SD do show up when needed.

Florida wont have to pick up the tab. Customers will. Prices are continually raised.

Disney will be taxed, and if they don't pay?
Florida can eventually take it all away.
Can you say "DeSantis Land."

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   

This is not going to bode well for him. DeSantis is well liked by Trump supporters.
And I have been an avid Trump supporter - but I will criticize anyone who does dumb #.

Agree. If you are confident in your position, you don't have to try to burn everyone. How about prove your ideas and leadership is better. Tout your record instead of crawling in the mud. Save the mud crawling for the Democrats which will do it to you.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets
Ha-ha. Times are a changing' and it's great. Poor Walt, been turning in his grave for years.

Yeah, imagine if Walt could see what his company has turned into.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Agree. If you are confident in your position, you don't have to try to burn everyone. How about prove your ideas and leadership is better. Tout your record instead of crawling in the mud. Save the mud crawling for the Democrats which will do it to you.

You're absolutely right.
I hope President reads this. It would be very important to mend the party line now, than later.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Hmm. I could have sworn I read something about economic impact (Florida has to pick up the tab for some things) - apparently I misremembered about the police.

Thanks for the correction.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   

However, this is standard behavior for Trump.... so I don't think he's going to "knock it off."

And this is the kind of rant that he does that energizes the crowd, so it's a feedback loop. Speeches where he can't complain about witch hunts and say unkind things about people he feels deserve a "slagging" are usually described as "low key" and "low energy" and "not up to his usual."

I believe the behavior is too ingrained. I don't think he'll be able to change it in the long term.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

When this was first brought up months ago, it brought out A LOT of hypocrites on he left.

Someone FINALLY makes billionaires pay their 'fair share' in taxes, and they hated it because DeSantis is the one who did it. Just like Trump, DeSantis could cure cancer or end world hunger, and they'd still find a way to make it bad.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I don't doubt it. There's plenty of democrats guilty of association with war crimes - or at least unethical actions. Hillary Clinton for example.

I just think Republicans should reconsider DeSantis as a candidate. If you look deeper into him there is a lot of questions that arise.

Granted, I doubt investigation regarding GITMO will ever reopen as it's a vested interest to never reopen that mess. So, while I doubt we can ever confirm with certainity that DeSantis participated in using torture to end a hunger strike, I think the allegations are enough to warrent doubt about electing him to the highest office in the U.S.
edit on 8-2-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

When this was first brought up months ago, it brought out A LOT of hypocrites on he left.

Someone FINALLY makes billionaires pay their 'fair share' in taxes, and they hated it because DeSantis is the one who did it. Just like Trump, DeSantis could cure cancer or end world hunger, and they'd still find a way to make it bad.

Spot on.
When the Dems smell a potential GOP winner, they begin their smear campaign. No different here.
DeSantis is a strong leader, just as President Trump is. I hope those two can mend their fence and solidify the GOP.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere
Disney is not going anywhere. And more companies have actually been relocating to Florida, not away. Your statement has no basis in reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join