It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how prepared are you for a SHTF scenario

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I’ve noticed overwhelming pessimism seeping into society since the start of the fearflu.

More and more ppl, especially among the young, respond with “I don’t want to struggle that hard. I’d just give up.”

That is depression talking. You are depressed in the here and now.

I will predict that you would find an Actual crisis to be incredibly liberating. It’s like a door-prize or a lottery ticket. You might actually move up the socio-economic scale if you play through. It’s like a game of musical chairs, where, when the music stops, most ppl just quit the game. With enough losers like you, they’ll be more than enough chairs for people like me. Cool!

I’m old, and I’ve got health problems, and I probably would live about five years after the start of the real SHTF. But I’ve got little ones and their parents to look after. A big part of it is making them go outside. Most of you are depressed because you spend your life indoors as pavement dwellers. Was out this weekend snowshoeing for the last of rabbit season with 3 young men of my family. The most fun we’ve had since Christmas morning.

That’s prep right there

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
With the recent train incidents like in Ohio, has anyone thought to prepare
Toxic chemicals in air , i dont mean gas mask but good air purifier ?

Some model has massive 26-lb carbon filter impregnated with potassium iodide for gases/chemicals in air.

Might not be bad investment to have ?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: offensive

During BLM/Antifa riots I bought a bunch of 2X4s & boxes of nails from Home Depot so I can board up my windows/doors, also bought a junior-sized shotgun so I could at least fend off hostiles at first.

Probably have 2 month's worth of non-perishables but living in Northeast with no generator or wood stove means I could freeze well-before then.

At least you're thinking about it, probably ahead of most of your neighbors!

Though I loathe most of these videos

but I used this when I needed to work in my shed for a few days and it was below freezing

Always make sure you have adequate ventilation when using any type of emergency heating. Ventilation is paramount due to Carbon Monoxide...go to sleep and never wake up. You will have to attach some type of handle to the terracotta pots to lift them, thus trimming the plastic container. If you use deep cooking containers (at thrift stores) to put the Crisco in. A deep casserole or baking dish would work well. So would a small crock pot. They take heat, with no problems, and often have lids. Corning Glass, when unevenly heated, will shatter, I've been told.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join