It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips from some folks who so far have never had COVID-19

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
a reply to: Byrd -- to Byrd and everyone, I want to give a very sincere "thank you" to all of you who replied to this thread, with such a diversity of opinions. It's really only by looking at all infection factors that the book on COVID-19 will be written in full.

I have been in contact with the US writer Lawrence Wright, who tells me that he has started working on a new book about COVID-19. I don't know if that one will be fact or fiction or what. I replied to him that from my data collection on Earth's previous viral pandemics, it appears that pre-vaccine viral pandemic durations have been 10-12 yrs total; I also told him that my hunch is that if we're lucky, this pandemic will go 5 yrs, if not, then 10 yrs; time will tell; if so, that gives him enough time in the COVID-19 era to write his new book. It's interesting that novel viruses can sometimes go extinct rather than become "endemic." If you are not familiar w/ his writings, here are his books:

www.lawrencewright.com...

The pattern of pandemics depends on the reservoir (if there's a non-human agent, such as bats or monkeys or birds, etc) and human contact with said reservoir, how infectious it is, human population, travel/migration of humans and animals, population density (human and animal), how fast the pathogen mutates, and even weather (yellow fever is an example of this.) ...and I think I've forgotten some of the other factors since it's been over 30 years.

Yes, epidemics are often at their worst during the early passes through the population when there's no resistance. They can attenuate and "die" or "become old" after many passes through the population if they don't mutate rapidly. If they mutate rapidly (flu, etc) then they'll be back in a new form and have the potential to become even more deadly.

Epidemiology is a complicated topic (I worked with one of the top epidemiologists in Texas, Jack Hayes) and I can blather on about it but won't.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

You do you my man. That article even states they may have had it but never knew (asymptomatic).

I’ve never had it either - I also have never tested even when I was sick, because well, I was just sick and it happens.

If it makes you feel safe, do what you gotta do. Unless you (or anyone in your household) never leaves the house and follows crazy strict protocols, you will get it if you haven’t already. I’m not ridiculing you, understand that unless you are wearing a mask, gloves, eye protection and sanitizing everything you bring into the house while never touching yourself (face, arm, ect) it’s inevitable. If covid don’t get ya, a car crash could, a fire could, a hailstorm could. Gotta live your life man
edit on 72022023 by Variable2027 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Pure blood her. I've worked around maybe a 1000 or so infected CoVID-19 patients. Yes I've followed hospital protocol, and when I'm in the office, off goes the mask. However, when I'm outside the hospital, I don't wear the useless mask. Wash your hands, sanitizer is stupid. Soap and water, say the ABC"s two times and you're done.
And don't get jabbed!
YMMV

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I've had about three or four exposures through work and we're pretty sure my husband had it. At least, he went in for a secondary infection and the doctor said it looked like COVID aftermath.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   

if you can smell a silent fart, from across the room,
squeezed between 2 fat cheeks, through
at least 2 layers of clothing, and filtered
through a 6-inch foam cushion

tiny microscopic particles of inside of someones a**
going up your nose and into your lungs
WHILE WEARING A MASK.

is like someone with covid, WHISPERING with mask on
YOURE GETTING IT

THE VERY BEST N-95 MASKS (if PROPERLY SEALED)
only filters down to 0.3 microns

farts and covid are about 0.03 microns.... TEN TIMES SMALLER

is like trying to catch soccer ball,...WITH A HOOLA HOOP
only good for catching LARGE water droplets from sneezing

those paper blue and white masks, or CLOTH...
ARE DUST MASKS....WORTHLESS FOR COVID

NOW,... imagine someone SNEEZING, is like
BLASTING A LOUD FART....

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cappie

if you can smell a silent fart, from across the room,
squeezed between 2 fat cheeks, through
at least 2 layers of clothing, and filtered
through a 6-inch foam cushion

tiny microscopic particles of inside of someones a**
going up your nose and into your lungs
WHILE WEARING A MASK.

is like someone with covid, WHISPERING with mask on
YOURE GETTING IT

THE VERY BEST N-95 MASKS (if PROPERLY SEALED)
only filters down to 0.3 microns

farts and covid are about 0.03 microns.... TEN TIMES SMALLER

is like trying to catch soccer ball,...WITH A HOOLA HOOP
only good for catching LARGE water droplets from sneezing

those paper blue and white masks, or CLOTH...
ARE DUST MASKS....WORTHLESS FOR COVID

NOW,... imagine someone SNEEZING, is like
BLASTING A LOUD FART....

This redneck quackery again?

Fart particles are about .4 nm, SARS-COV-2 ranges from 60 to 140 nm. The virus can't travel on its own, it needs moisture. The moisture is the droplets that you mention, the average droplet is 500 nm, and the pores in an n95 are 300 nm. Then you figure in static, and masks are quite effective. Even the ear loop paper ones that surgeons have used for decades, for the same reasons.

2020: the year that moisture condensation on a solid surface became a liberal hoax.
edit on 9-2-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I Don't mask, and I go out and enjoy my life at the level I was at before COVID. I caught 2 colds/flus this year worse than the 2 days I had COVID.

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

It was a complete clown show.

Entire work sections would be quarantined to their barracks. If one Marine tested positive, their roommate would be quarantined too, and the room next to them that shared a bathroom.

The medical sections lost their minds. One of my kids got hit by a car while running and medical has him listed as a covid quarantine the next day.

Of course we had the ones getting tested so they could get out of work and play video games all day.

Some of them ended up on their 5th or 6th 14 day quarantine period over by the end of summer 2020.

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Wow. Sounds like not a lot of work got done..... I would have gone stir crazy more than usual.

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
worked in histopathology (in-between jobs job) handling more infectious and deadly materials, i've tended to stick with what i know works good hand/mouth hygiene..

unfortunately i had a serious immune response to the 2nd vax but even hospitalised with covid patients have not yet caught it but also wonder given my immune response to the vaccine if i could catch it.

i suspect science will dig deeper at some point when they find their way back to earth and are grounded rather than trying to be influencers/celebrities..

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: chris_stibrany

It was a complete clown show.

Entire work sections would be quarantined to their barracks. If one Marine tested positive, their roommate would be quarantined too, and the room next to them that shared a bathroom.

The medical sections lost their minds. One of my kids got hit by a car while running and medical has him listed as a covid quarantine the next day.

Of course we had the ones getting tested so they could get out of work and play video games all day.

Some of them ended up on their 5th or 6th 14 day quarantine period over by the end of summer 2020.

This is an example of the fraud of classifying testing as cases. They mass tested people without symptoms and they had a huge number of false positives. They used that to prop up the narrative instead of quarantinjng the vulnerable and allowing the healthy to keep society running. At this point it's a cold virus but people still obsess over it because they have been brainwashed by propaganda.

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

so the hard landing will come as a shock then..
edit on 9-2-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd --- all of you are making some very good points about what we really should be concerned with and/or dealing with at this time.

Today I suggested to Lawrence Wright that a Venn diagram might make it clearer, for example, to illustrate one of the elephants in the (pandemic) room: Who are the owners of the US businesses, ranging from chicken "ranches" to the many truly gigantic pig factory farms to the astronomical number of poorly ventilated US buildings that so many US people must work in, live in, or both? That's just two examples .... there are many more.

Another Venn diagram could show the actual role(s) of public health departments in many countries, and how those are constricted or even shut down by private investors who primarily want to protect their income streams. In these cases, are we talking about conspiracies? Not really, I think ... it's more that investors are moving in similar ways for their own private economic reasons. Does the US press want to talk about any of that? Not really.

Not all of this, but much of this, has happened before: NYTimes reporter David Brooks said that after the COVID-19 pandemic began, he looked into the archives of the NYTimes from 100 years ago to see what lessons people learned after the Spanish Flu (Great Influenza) pandemic ended ... the answer he found was, --- nothing. "People just wanted to get on with their lives." So, could that "reaction" again happen again in the 21st century? Yes, it could.

edit on 2/9/2023 by Uphill because: Added a word.

edit on 2/9/2023 by Uphill because: Added a word.

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Yeah, out of all the "positive" covid cases we had, maybe 5-10 of them were even sick. Huge waste of time and millions of lost man-hours.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Uphill --- in the last 12 hours, some US media has started to publicize a new finding in the open source science journal PLOS Biology: A protein found in the human lung is able to immobilize the SARS-CoV-2 virus, blocking COVID-19 infection. Link:

www.axios.com...

The timing of this science advance is fortunate, since the effectiveness of known COVID-19 medications is beginning to decrease.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join