It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Russia Today banned as a source on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yes, the political options in the West are like blossom and we're floating in the democratic utopia.

Derp.

State owned media...

Derp.

Can't speak openly about it....

Derp.

I can't believe the hypocrisy I'm reading.

Then again, sadly, I can.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Let's not drift any further off-topic in BBQ.

Are you blocked from going to some sites where you live?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Mahogany

RT

I find it hilarious.

Nothing they say is true!... But we don't want you to see it, just in case it is...

"For your protection."

Notice who get to ask KJP questions....for example.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Source of what?

Greasy Margaritas?

I know they love Trump for some reason. Why?
Though I heard one of their hosts called him mentally non sober. Lol!

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: JinMI

Unlike Russia where media is all state-owned and run, I don't see our government blocking access to anything. I far prefer it here as compared to a single-party state like Russia.

I feel for the Russian citizens who are not happy and can't speak openly about it. I recall after the "Wall" came down, we found out many if not most of the Russian people were not happy with the system there.

Mission & Vision

Mission: To direct, lead, synchronize, integrate, and coordinate U.S. Federal Government efforts to recognize, understand, expose, and counter foreign state and non-state propaganda and disinformation efforts aimed at undermining or influencing the policies, security, or stability of the United States, its allies, and partner nations.

Vision: To be a data-driven body leading U.S. interagency efforts in proactively addressing foreign adversaries’ attempts to undermine U.S. interests using disinformation and propaganda.

US SOS GEC

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I can without issue go to any site I want, although I'm intelligent enough to know what to avoid. I'm not sure what your point is, to be honest. That quoted material is just government double-speak which is the norm I suppose for the Dept. of State. They are not actually censoring sources, they are trying to influence sources to self-censor. I'm not thrilled about what you quoted either.

While it's not perfect and never will be since there are so many definitions of perfect, we are free for the most part. There are much, much worse places to be. Like Russia. Anyone need only travel south of the border away from the tourist areas to see how much worse it can be there.

The US could be much better, but then it is what we made of it. Right now it's like an emotional repeat of the 1960s and 70s I already lived through. The causes are different, but at the same time, the same.

Beyond that is way off-topic here. You should start a thread if you want to talk about that. This is in BBQ. Thanks for the conversation.
edit on 2/6/2023 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It didnt start in BBQ, it was moved there.

Has the question of RT being allowed on ATS beem answered?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: [post=26877540]Are Russian state propaganda outlets legally allowed here on ATS or are we outside of those laws?

NPR and PBS are regularly cited on ATS. Both outlets receive millions of government subsidies annually. No different than RT really.

I'd argue Americans are the most propagandized people on the planet. 6 years of Russia gate, 2 years of Ukraine, and now this spy balloon nonsense tell me this.

Many Americans and people in the west have a very myopic view of the world. Primarily because of media they consume.

Why do you rich #ing white people
Insist on seeing every socio-political conflict
Through the myopic lens of your own self-actualization?
This isn't about you
So either get with it, or get out of the #ing way

edit on 6-2-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Totally agreed. I think it's good to Russia's spin on the war. Free speech is important, even if it's coming from Russian mouthpieces that restrict free speech.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 6-2-2023 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: panoz77

I don’t think what you’re describing is illegal or goes against the constitution at all.

But whatever. On the bright side at least journalists can’t be jailed for being critical of the government in the US, which is a lot more than we can say about journalists in Russia.

Really?
pressfreedomtracker.us...

www.aclu.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The OP is a BBQ topic which is why it's where it is. Questions about the board belong here.

I've never seen a link to RT blocked. RT America shut down in March 2022.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

The OP is a BBQ topic which is why it's where it is. Questions about the board belong here.

I've never seen a link to RT blocked. RT America shut down in March 2022.

Looks like asked a nd answered.

Closed

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join