It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Russia Today banned as a source on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It won't last...

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Totally not propaganda.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

It's allowed.

Maybe you should "do the right thing" and boycott the site so you aren't funding the Russian war effort.
edit on 2/6/23 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Searching for something on ATS using Google is searching for propaganda? I don't think you understand that searching a specific site is not like a random search on Google. I use Firefox for that.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

No, using a specific site search isn't the issue. However we are discussing propaganda from a specific nation and if it is banned on a US site.

I don't think you understand that searching a specific site is not like a random search on Google. I use Firefox for that.

You realize that FF doesn't have a search engine, right? It defaults to Google. However users may change the search engine used.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Sorry, I have it set to use DuckDuckGo.

I was responding to the OPs post which is the topic. See the quote placed below.

First of all, apologies, I was not able to search and figure this out on my own. The search function does not seem to work for me with Firefox, the search box never pops up when the magnifier is clicked on.

You must be really bored to debate over this

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
a reply to: malte85

And you think the United States MSM is not propaganda? LOL. Really?

It is different though. US MSM propaganda is more about making there product appealing to a certain consumer. Where as Russian media propaganda is strictly about pushing a pro government narrative.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
All media is propaganda..to varying degree's.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Sorry, I have it set to use DuckDuckGo.

I was responding to the OPs post which is the topic. See the quote placed below.

First of all, apologies, I was not able to search and figure this out on my own. The search function does not seem to work for me with Firefox, the search box never pops up when the magnifier is clicked on.

You must be really bored to debate over this

Ill debate over the color of the skies and earth, boredom need not apply.

However yes, ATS index and search is wonky, as is much of the site and searching in the way you described is beneficial for site specific information.

Now the wider implications of RT being "banned" versus free speech and obvious western propaganda is rather silly.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

It is different though. US MSM propaganda is more about making there product appealing to a certain consumer. Where as Russian media propaganda is strictly about pushing a pro government narrative.

Perfect case and point.

It's (D)ifferent........

Double standards galore.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That is EXACTLY what our current sitting govt was doing, to a T. They were pushing their narrative and suppressing any opposition narrative. OMFG, LOL

Are you kidding me?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That is EXACTLY what our current sitting govt was doing, to a T. They were pushing their narrative and suppressing any opposition narrative. OMFG, LOL

Are you kidding me?

Certain MSM corporations were willfully doing that to appeal to a certain audience. Neither the democrats or republicans have the power to force private media corporations to push a pro government narrative. Unlike in Russia.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

False.

See section 230 protections and the Twitter Files for proof.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?

Certain MSM corporations were willfully doing that to appeal to a certain audience. Neither the democrats or republicans have the power to force private media corporations to push a pro government narrative. Unlike in Russia.

Apparently you are not aware that democrat politicians were directly making requests for persons and subjects to be blocked, they even left the receipts (emails) saying so and the media was all in for their requests and immediately acted on these requests. Do you not know this from the twitter files info?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?

Apparently you are not aware that democrat politicians were directly making requests for persons and subjects to be blocked, they even left the receipts (emails) saying so and the media was all in for their requests and immediately acted on these requests. Do you not know this from the twitter files info?

The key word here being ‘requests’, rather than ‘demands’.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

that is indeed a matter of opinion. for me, it makes a difference whether a country has a free press (as in the usa)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?

The key word here being ‘requests’, rather than ‘demands’.

That's not the keyword. The keyword is the govt using third parties to censor opposition information. The "requests" were followed without question. This is strictly forbidden in our laws and constitution.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

I don’t think what you’re describing is illegal or goes against the constitution at all.

But whatever. On the bright side at least journalists can’t be jailed for being critical of the government in the US, which is a lot more than we can say about journalists in Russia.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Unlike Russia where media is all state-owned and run, I don't see our government blocking access to anything. I far prefer it here as compared to a single-party state like Russia.

I feel for the Russian citizens who are not happy and can't speak openly about it. I recall after the "Wall" came down, we found out many if not most of the Russian people were not happy with the system there.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Mahogany

RT

I find it hilarious.

Nothing they say is true!... But we don't want you to see it, just in case it is...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join