It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Africa splitting in two and guess where China is

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I watched a little clip that showed there is a giant rift/crack in Kenya that might split Africa into two continents.
The SECOND I saw that I went straight to a map to see where China is concentrated at…..Sure enough Kenya and the surrounding areas.
No I’m not saying China is causing the crack. What I am saying is they know the crack is happening may be trying to overtake certain areas.

www.timeout.com...

Beneath the Great Rift Valley are numerous constantly-moving tectonic plates, making the region very prone to seismic activity. This crack is a visible part of the 3,700-mile-long East African Rift, which is itself made up of the Gregory Rift and the Western Rift. These are growing larger, as the Somali tectonic plate in the east and the Nubian plate in the west move away from each other.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Would guess that is more coincidence than anything.

China has set up all kinds of colonial-style "deals" with African countries wherever they can, looking for mining rights, potential bases, anchorages, ports, and the like.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You mean like this?

Don't let China watch old movies.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The Rift was formed over 20 million years ago, and yes it is still growing, but incredibly slowly in geological terms.
I honestly cannot see any connection at all with where the Chinese are along it. It is one of the most fertile rifts in the World.
The Chinese are everywhere.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
The Rift was formed over 20 million years ago, and yes it is still growing, but incredibly slowly in geological terms.
I honestly cannot see any connection at all with where the Chinese are along it. It is one of the most fertile rifts in the World.
Rainbows
Jane

The crack in Kenya is newer and huge. Climate change might be to blame as rains are making it worse.

www.forbes.com... 739418

A massive crack suddenly appeared in Kenya, prompting new discussion on the breakup of Africa into two land masses. The crack continues to grow in size as heavy rainfall in Kenya's Narok County exacerbates the kilometer-sized chasm. The sudden appearance of the crack is related to a regional zone of weakness and broadly associated with the continued breakup of the African continent.

www.forbes.com... 739418
edit on 6-2-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

China has set up all kinds of colonial-style "deals" with African countries wherever they can, looking for mining rights, potential bases, anchorages, ports, and the like.

Cheers

Possibly, but maybe not.
China is known for playing the long game.
China owns 70% of Kenyas debt…

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Ah, fair enough, didn't know that recent development.
Still don't see the connection with China other than you say they own 70% of Kenya's debt.
The best I can do is say the Chinese know Africa isn't going to be rendered in 2 any time soon.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Ah, fair enough, didn't know that recent development.
Still don't see the connection with China other than you say they own 70% of Kenya's debt.
The best I can do is say the Chinese know Africa isn't going to be rendered in 2 any time soon.
Rainbows
Jane

It is obvious that China is trying to takeover certain parts of Africa. They have invested, they have put in infrastructure, railroads, etc. They have Kenya in a chokehold with debt where this is happening.

The split of land could be merely coincidental but somehow I doubt it. What better way to divide regions than natural divisions?

www.ndtv.com...

“China May Seize Kenyan Assets Amid Mounting Debts: Report
Since 2014, Kenya has been taking huge loans from China to fund its infrastructure projects such as roads, clean power generation plants, and its biggest project, the Standard Gauge Railway.”

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Definitely a possibility.

Countries and borders usually use geological barriers like mountains and rivers. The former being artifacts of tectonic activity. So it would make sense that rifts can form along borders of countries.

But China is also notorious for playing long games too. But this would likely be a verrry long game. Pangea like timelines.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Definitely a possibility.

Countries and borders usually use geological barriers like mountains and rivers. The former being artifacts of tectonic activity. So it would make sense that rifts can form along borders of countries.

But China is also notorious for playing long games too. But this would likely be a verrry long game. Pangea like timelines.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
OK, let me put it another way, how do you connect something geological with a debt?
Nobody, including the Chinese control mother nature.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I thought that too, but it appears things are happening faster in that region (Kenya) due to rains/climate change.
Maybe China knows that.

I went on Google Earth to look at it in Kenya. It is obvious that some areas were developed and the cracks are newer.
Maybe things are being done to encourage the cracking?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

OK, let me put it another way, how do you connect something geological with a debt?
Nobody, including the Chinese control mother nature.
Rainbows
Jane

I do believe governments are getting better at altering weather, and if done enough or in the right way can effect the landscape.

How does debt connect with this all.

China wants Kenya’s land. Rather than take it with war, they take it with debt. They give them tons of loans (which they know they won’t be able to pay) and keep them in debt. Then they collect that debt, when Kenya can’t pay they start taking the land, until they eventually own it all. It is a simple game of monopoly.

As the split gets bigger, it creates a wall if you will. A line in the sand.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

If it’s just cracking, the void would likely be filled with the water table if there is one or just a canyon. Both can be mitigated by a bridge. For there to be an extreme separation, the whole tectonic plate would have to move… that said, it appears Africa is a single plate, which I can imagine could change. But typically the plates in extreme cases only move a few inches a year. Even if it was a foot a year, it would take hundred of years before there’s a separation extreme enough to make bridges less feasible.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The people of Kenya can't even agree what it is or the cause.

Some say water, so say natural movement.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Yearh.. sure they will be standing ready in the year 6800 when the crack is complete

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It very well could be water.

Sinkholes are often caused by large fast moving underwater channels. And there’s a theory a lot of earthquakes are happening because of depleted water tables. Air can be compressed, but not water. There’s pretty much an indefinite amount of weight that can exist on water. Take away the water and now you have voids. The weight of the crust can then compress down on itself.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Yearh.. sure they will be standing ready in the year 6800 when the crack is complete

I probably should have elaborated on my post. I don't think China is going to wait for the two to split completely.
I do think they would use something like natural land divisions to their advantage.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Sinkholes are often caused by large fast moving underwater channels. And there’s a theory a lot of earthquakes are happening because of depleted water tables.

I loved living in Florida but always felt unsettled there. I often wondered if it was due to the water table below and something wasn't as solid as what I was used to in the Midwest.
I'm on solid rock right now and absolutely LOVE it!

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Rainbows
Jane

The crack in Kenya is newer and huge. Climate change might be to blame as rains are making it worse.

LOL

Add it to the list.

Drought, torrential rains, normal rainfall, sudden deaths, white supremacy, January 6th, monkey pox, all caused by climate change.

No matter what happens it's climate change and it's your fault.

Pay me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join