It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

search shows thread but link won't work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So ATS now censors us by preventing going to a thread?

I often leave my computer on with websites up and just close it when I'm done. ATS recent topics was one of my tabs left open. I came back on maybe a day later or so and there was a thread title that I wanted to read. However, when I tried it just took me to the forum, not the specific thread. So I searched it and it brought up multiple pages of the thread, but when I clicked on any of them, it just brought me to the forum page again.

So I jumped to the conclusion that it was an incendiary topic I guess ("The Last of Us had to go full gay" is the thread), so it was being censored from people searching it. Then I tried multiple titles in the search engine just to be sure. Other links are working fine with other threads. Sure enough, it's not a problem with the search feature. It is definitely related to that particular thread!

I'd really like to read the thread. Anyone know what's up?
edit on 5-2-2023 by Ellie Sagan because: clarification

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

Yea, sure is.

Was it posted in the RATS Forum? I forgot, I did see the thread last week.

But I did not participate.

Edit: if I recall correctly, the thread got out of hand a bit. Looking at the ATS history above, mods likely closed it but still in the ATS logs.

Send a pm to staff.

edit on 5-2-2023 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

No. You're doing it to yourself. Registries held open, nor closing previous sessions etc. No wonder. All that builds up, block, negates sessions....but youre not closing out.

Each of those Isp pages are open...and linked: hence...YOUR issue.

Jesus Saves, God Bless

Task Mgr...you prob hv 5-6 Googles and any other Home pgs...open. I'm sure that's why.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Nah, not me. I just closed everything cleaned history and all that. Tried again, and still the same result. Did you try it?

Actually I now realize that it says 404 page not found. I guess it was removed. I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

not sure what your talking about in this case, the thread has been trashed. all links to the thread from ATS search page, come back with this IP address.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-2-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well, there just so happens to be a thread that explains it in general. Why Was This Thread Removed?

I can say that the reason is covered but can’t give details as to specifically why. Shouldn’t be too hard to figure out, though.

That said, asked and answered.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

In addition, in case the link isn't specific...
If you are not the thread author, privacy issues prevent ATS from discussing the reason[s] to any but the thread author.

top topics

join