It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT: CDC Issues Warning to Stop Using Eye Drops After 1 Death, Dozens of Infections Reported

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Warning if you use eyedrops or have some of these in your medicine cabinet. Appears they are commonly sold at Walmart and surely other outlets.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.

www.theepochtimes.com...

A brand of over-the-counter eye drops could be linked to a bacterial infection that left one person dead, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said in a notice urging consumers to stop using EzriCare Artificial Tears while an investigation is underway.

The CDC said (pdf) in a document circulated by the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) that it has identified at least 50 people in 11 states with Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a type of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Cases in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Washington have been reported so far, according to the agency.

“These specimens were collected in both outpatient and inpatient healthcare settings,” the letter reads. “Patient outcomes include permanent vision loss resulting from ocular infection, hospitalization, and death of one patient with bloodstream infection.”

A majority of people used EzriCare Artificial Tears before they developed an infection, the CDC stated.

“At this time, CDC recommends clinicians and patients stop using EzriCare Artificial Tears products pending additional guidance from CDC and FDA [Food and Drug Administration],” the CDC said in a Feb. 1 statement.

www.cbsnews.com...

A warning from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about eye drops linked to dangerous infections and one death. The national public health agency is investigating dozens of eye infections linked to permanent vision loss and hospitalizations.

The CDC is warning the public to immediately stop using a common over-the-counter brand of eye drops.

The advisory comes after 55 patients in 12 states were infected with a rare and potentially deadly strain of drug-resistant bacteria.

The CDC, together with state and local health departments, says most of those patients used eye drops, the majority of them EzriCare Artificial Tears Lubricant Eye Drops.

They're manufactured in India and sold at Walmart and other major stores as a preservative-free dry-eye treatment.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Was it simply a bad batch or do they not test anything anymore? It's getting to be that nothing is safe anymore. Where's all our regulatory organizations and why aren't they doing their jobs?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Another one.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
Was it simply a bad batch or do they not test anything anymore? It's getting to be that nothing is safe anymore. Where's all our regulatory organizations and why aren't they doing their jobs?

That's a slippery slope; once the FDA approves over-the-counter drugs they sit back and wait for the complaints get too numerous to ignore, just like with prescription drugs. (I'm looking at you, C19 vaccine.)

The FDA is in the process of rewriting rules for NPD's and expanding their oversight. If they decide there's no benefit to many of the natural remedies and herbal supplements they can ban their sale.

The funny thing is most of our modern medicine has been created by studying the properties of traditional folk remedies, finding the healing properties and then synthesizing them in the lab for mass production.....for a much inflated cost.

Homeopathic remedies can't be patented because they're natural, but they can-and I think will-be banned from sale.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The eyedrops in question were tauted as preservative-free, which is why they went bad almost immediately.

Very dumb move to buy these things, but I guess the paranoid-about-chemicals crowd can't resist their own stupidity.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
once the FDA approves over-the-counter drugs they sit back and wait for the complaints get too numerous to ignore, just like with prescription drugs. (I'm looking at you, C19 vaccine.)

That sounds about right. But this one resulted in only one death (at least so far) and they said to immediately stop using it. Wasn't there a drug or two that came out in the last couple years that has caused many more deaths, and they still haven't warned about it? (I'm also looking at you, C19 shot.)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Generally, there are agreed upon rules that manufacturers follow. These are hammered out ahead of time with the regulatory bodies of various countries and include specific tests and testing schedules and documentation to prove such. Generally, the USDA at least will show up to inspect locations annually and they do so unannounced, so they pick and choose more or less at their leisure when they are dropping in on a site. I assume the FDA is the same. Once onsite, they can go through whatever they feel they need to go through.

Husband in his career has been quality control and regulatory and been in the "war room" for numerous inspections for the regulatory authorities of lots of national bodies, including annual US authorities.

Crossing your "i"s and dotting your "t"s represents a major portion of many companies' budgets, especially if they deal with more than one country in terms of sales. It is entire departments and sub-departments. And they deal with multiple regulatory bodies from each country in question.

Now, I cannot speak to this company or their issues. There are always things that happen and players that try to slip things by or problems that crop up no matter how meticulous every tries to be.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I'd say it depends on how expedient it is to look the other way for the government. We all know the push with COVID.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thanks for posting this.

We use eye drops. Fortunately not the brand mentioned.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Just one death? We've been told that hundreds or even thousands of deaths from the jab are an acceptable level of risk. Why so cautious now?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Baking soda in water, the best drops ever.

It Cleans the eyes better than any of the bought stuff.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Just one death? We've been told that hundreds or even thousands of deaths from the jab are an acceptable level of risk. Why so cautious now?

Beat me to it !!

One death because of eyedrops - Not ok

Thousands of myocarditis deaths because of fake "covid vaccines" - Perfectly fine !! (because FDA likely paid off by American firm Pfizer)
edit on 4-2-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Beat me to it !!

One death because of eyedrops - Not ok

Thousands of myocarditis deaths because of fake "covid vaccines" - Perfectly fine !! (because FDA likely paid off by American firm Pfizer)

Right, just like baby formula kills 2 babies. OMG close down all the factories!

Covid vaxx kills 10 million globally. LOLZ BuT PfIZeR AnD GuBmEnT SaY ItZ GuD 4 Me!11

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   

This is a VERY big concern and I thank you for bringing this up.

That is all I will say.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Here's an even deeper rabbit hole. The vaccine could also be contributing to this outbreak.

Pseudomonas aeruginosa is ubiquitous in the environment. It isn't a rare infection, but considering how much of it exists in the environment it's not highly deadly relative to other diseases.

The outbreak strain, carbapenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa with Verona integron-mediated metallo-β-lactamase and Guiana extended-spectrum-β-lactamase (VIM-GES-CRPA), had never been reported in the United States prior to this outbreak
CDC announcement

Keep in mind antibiotic resistant strains of pathogens are no more infectious than other strains, just are of concern when natural immunity is overwhelmed and intervention is required. Natural immunity still prevents most exposure from becoming serious before antibiotics ever become needed. Of course if natural immunity is suppressed the number of antibiotic resistant strains encountered will also increase in direct proportion to increased immune system evasion.

Vaccine induced immune supression could start manifesting as far more serious cases of infections from ubiqutous endemic pathogens. I wouldn't be surprised if they discover in ten years that overall disease incidence across many infectious pathogens increases after 2020 with a higher rate of serious effects. I would say it's almost inevitable if wide use of this particular application of mRNA biolipid delivery persists.

The significant serious downstream implications for this vaccine experiment have only started to be considered by scientists, with many still completely in denial or ignorant of data outside the promoted narratives.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Putting chemicals in my eyes always seemed like a bad idea to me so I never started and I've been nagging all my family members to not start using eyedrops or stop using eyedrops for decades.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

was reading up elsewhere and it was saying permanent blindness was also occurring.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I actually been using store brand drops from Target that were only $0.99 . I thought what a great bargain. I am still using them. Used them on my kid the other day. The brand in question I may have bought once like five years ago. I remember the package. Iirc I did not like them, seemed ineffective.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   
maybe the eye problems are
from wearing masks all the time?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   
ATTENTION... TODAY IN DENMARK, Dicillin is being called back suspected of being involved in spreading MRSA bacteria.

edit: just checked... its the same freaking bacteria they are warning against. They suspect it having been in the product.

Active ingredient: Dicloxacillin
Used against Staphylococcus infection in skin, connective tissues and bone.

The product in Denmark is produced by Sandoz.

Apparently Dicillin is supposed to be produced in Austria, but a substitution product is made by Aurobindo who is located in India.

EzriCare is produced in India.....

Too big of a coincidence to be random.

Are we about to see a massive outbreal of MRSA in India?
edit on 6/2/23 by flice because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join