It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So we just going to watch this balloon go over the ENTIRE US?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My daddy is rolling in his grave! Served this country for his entire adult life, for what?
I know there are other threads on the balloon, but I have to ask…

As an American how do you feel about this?
To me this shows us EXACTLY where we stand.

What do you think would happen if the US flew a “Balloon” over China
Yeah, we all know the answer…

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

New headline I saw is that Biden said "We're going to take care of it" when asked about this today.

Maybe they're waiting for it to go out to sea before shooting it down. That way, he can look like he did do something about it anyway after the military said not to shoot it down.

Of course, if you don't like Biden and very few people do, the military telling him not to was just a cop out to cover up him being a bitch. Prominent Republicans tweeted to shoot it down, they agreed with what he wanted to do, or maybe to set it up that he looked soft and weak for not doing so. If he shoots it down over the ocean, he kinda gets win I'd think.

Had to delve into partisan politics for a second since that's the prevailing thought process. The military doesn't do partisan politics though, they fight side by side regardless of who they vote for.
edit on CST01Sat, 04 Feb 2023 13:11:47 -060000000002b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think this is either a false flag to keep the war drums beating and the fear factor at the highest levels, or if it truly is from China there's a good chance it was sanctioned by Biden-for a price, of course.

Too many things just don't add up. I'm guessing by making it look like Biden is being tough on China it will somehow cause the stupid among us to think there's no way he'd do that if there was any validity to him, his son and his brother selling us out to the commies.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If the world had any remaining question as to how inept this administration really is, it's been definitively answered.

If you won't stop unauthorized craft in your own airspace, what will you stop?

And no, taking it down over the Atlantic after it's crossed the US mainland doesn't count.

link   
There won’t be anything to retrieve as they will have wiped it clean.

link   

I think it depends on if the US is capitulating or taking advantage of the situation. And that’s something I doubt we’ll ever know.

Scenario one is we’re afraid to upset China. I think that’s possible and extremely problematic given the circumstances.

Scenario two, logically it’s not much difference than spy sats pointed at us. Why don’t we shoot those down? One could say this poses a different safety concern, but sats can fall on us too. This scenario is only worth humoring if we assume we’re collecting data from the balloon. And it may be an indicator their sats aren’t good enough they have to send a balloon closer to the surface.

I suppose there’s also the less likely (imo) chance they have some nefarious angle past reconnaissance.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Bugs the hell out of me on some levels, on others I kind of get it.

#1 SOAK UP THE INTEL

#2 The Pentagon says it's "mitigating" its usefulness for whatever that means.

#3 Hopefully they shoot it down off the coast

FWIW Fox is reporting they have grounded planes from 3 airports on the path of the balloon. that's crazy in itself

over Myrtle Beach XI's just looking for beach front property

www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Shoot it down it's going to break up not burn up.
Over land who knows what it's carrying??
We are learning alot about it for better or worse.
It will be swimming with the fishes as soon as it heads over the ocean.
Unless $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

edit on 2/4/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Wow, that's pretty heavy.

So it's either Biden doing a false flag, Biden getting paid by the Chinese to let it fly and knew before it was ever spotted, or it's to make it look like Biden is being tough on China even though he's in bed with them with his entire family.

How many bitchute videos did you have to watch to cement that opinion? 🤣 Good lord, the man is Satan's henchman because he's too weak to be the antichrist. That was Barack Obama, he just called the end of the world off and decided to enjoy his luxuries.

Disclaimer: I really don't care for the guy and didn't vote for him but am now taking on the mantle of the liberal defender of Joe Biden vs the army of people who want him dead. No, death is too easy. Solitary confinement, maximum security until death. Then, we stream the corpse burning party.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

What do you think would happen if the US flew a “Balloon” over China

It would have been taken out way before it made it over China lands.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Not willing to risk WWIII over a runaway weather balloon...

Do people really think a nation like China would spy on America with technology used during WWII?

or would they simply spy on us using one of the thousands of satellites they have in orbit?

Russia-phobia
China-phobia
All brought to you by the MIC.
edit on 4-2-2023 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Not willing to risk WWIII over a runaway weather balloon...

Do people really think a nation like China would spy on America with technology used during WWII?

or would they simply spy on us using one of the thousands of satellites they have in orbit?

Russia-phobia
China-phobia
All brought to you by the MIC.

This has been covered over and over, by veteran ATSers FWIW

There are some communications where satellites don't get the job done seems to be the overall ATS assessment.

If you have opposing evidence how about some links where we can research your assertions

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They shot it down

edit on 4-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

We need to welcome millions MORE Chinese balloons into our country...put 'em up in fancy hotels...give them financial benefits and free stuff.

To do otherwise would be raysist!

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Looks like the Chinese are testing to see if they can set off EMP pulses eventually via Balloon?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The Federal Aviation Administration has issued a ground stop for three airports in the Carolinas as a suspected Chinese spy balloon drifts through the area, a spokesperson confirmed in a statement.

The administration also restricted airspace near Myrtle Beach between 12:45 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. ET. for "national defense airspace.”

The affected airports are in Wilmington, North Carolina; Charleston, South Carolina; and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

They might be making a move here shortly.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

New headline I saw is that Biden said "We're going to take care of it" when asked about this today.

Maybe they're waiting for it to go out to sea before shooting it down. That way, he can look like he did do something about it anyway after the military said not to shoot it down.

Yes, they are waiting for it to go out over the sea. That way they can recover the spy hardware on the balloon and reverse engineer it to figure out how much information China got out of this without endangering civilians on the ground. If they had shot it down over land the way Don Jr. and MJT wanted, that would have destroyed any information value it had and would have endangered citizens on the ground.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Looks like the Chinese are testing to see if they can set off EMP pulses eventually via Balloon?

Nope.

The only way you can set off and EMP pulse big enough to be of any consequence is with a nuclear explosive. Using a balloon to take a week to transport a nuclear device from China to the US kinda takes away the element of surprise, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Good chance it will be lost at sea....

We'll see or not...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join