It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: 300,000 excess NON-COVID deaths recorded in the US since February 2020

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Was it worth it? America has suffered 300,000 NON-Covid excess deaths since 2020 - as experts blame lockdowns and delayed healthcare for spike in drug overdoses and firearm fatalities

The US has suffered nearly 300,000 more deaths than usual in more than two years of the pandemic that cannot be attributed to Covid, with researchers blaming lockdowns and delays to healthcare.

Latest official data shows there were 1.26million excess deaths between February 2020 and the end of 2022, of which around 295,000 did not have Covid as their main cause of death on their death certificates

These are thought to be mostly made up of surges in deaths from cancer, heart disease, drug overdoses and firearms during the pandemic, however, a full analysis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is still likely weeks away.

Dr Coady Wing, a health policy expert from Indiana University, told DailyMail.com that these pandemic mandates kept people who needed care the most away from the doctor's office - potentially costing thousands of lives.

It’s a hard question to decide how many lives were saved by the shutdowns themselves,' Dr Wing told DailyMail.com.

'What we’re finding is that some of the things people did to avoid Covid risk, one of those things was to cut down of regular health care utilisation, and that had health consequences.’

As a result, they either had their condition deteriorate or had diseases that could have been caught instead go unnoticed until they fell more ill.

He also noted that those most likely to cancel appointments were likely the sickest - further exacerbating their health issues. 'Cutting back care for Covid sensitive groups was bad for their health,' Dr Wing continued.

Data from nearly every country that instituted lockdowns in Spring 2020 shows a stark increase in deaths from other causes such as heart disease, cancer, and other common ailments.

Leading experts in the UK have suggested that up to 3,000 Britons are dying each week because of the disruptions to everyday life caused by the country's strict lockdowns, for example. The nation logged 2,837 excess deaths during the week ending on January 13, with only five percent being attributable to Covid.

Some experts believe the recent increase in other causes of death around Britain would have been avoided without the strict lockdowns.

The phenomenon of excess non-Covid deaths is not exclusive to the US and has been observed in most other countries in the Western World. In the US between Feb 2020 and the end of December 2022 a staggering 23.3% of all excess deaths were not due to Covid-19

It is now understood well that lengthy lockdowns and restrictions have been catastrophic regardless of the lockdown advocates and denialists of reality. Lockdowns have caused massive harms.

The question posed in the article by Dr Wing who argued it is hard to say how many lives have been saved by imposing these lockdowns and restrictions ; it's easy to answer. The lockdowns have been catastrophic and resulted in causing many more deaths than saving lives, if they have saved any lives.

The delays in getting vital treatment because of the lockdowns and the delays in getting regular check ups and visiting physicians and doctors have had a massive impact in the overall mortality rates. Couple this with the scaremongering by the MSM that was portraying Covid-19 as if it was the Spanish Flu so to terrorise citizens to stay inside and accept to get injected with untested, experimental, and potentially hazardous products, and we have the greatest recipe for disaster.

I notice that there is not talk about what else might be causing a number of excess deaths and debilitating conditions. I find it very strange, given the plethora of evidence, and the calls by many scientists and doctors to have a critical evaluation in terms of the safety and effectiveness of these products and their potential harms. Some scientists have asked for the immediate suspension of these products.

At least the article didn't discuss climate change or the orbital speed of earth, neutrinos coming from the sun or cosmic rays, as possible causes of non Covid excess deaths. Some progress is made.

edit on 4-2-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
In this thread we don't want to see

1) Vaccine apologetics
2) Denialism of reality
3) Defending of the Pharmaceuticals
4) Lockdown advocacy

We also don't want to see claims such as

Covid-19 is a virus that has come from another virus, namely SARS-CoV-2.

We need to get vaccinated to protect granny (debunked claim)

We need to get vaccinated to achieve herd immunity (debunked claim)

Vaccines have been great and the reason we have managed to stop the Spanish Flu back in 1931

Before discovering vaccinations humans could not produce antibodies and that's why they were dying between1918-1931 and long before that with other diseases.

Vaccine are safe and effective

Questioning approved vaccines means you are an anti-vaxxer and probably an antisemite and far right extremist.
edit on 4-2-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

"As a result, they either had their condition deteriorate or had diseases that could have been caught instead go unnoticed until they fell more ill."

Haven't I said this same thing many times?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   

As those 4 are your standard response to anyone who does not mirror your opinions I'm sure you will be repeating that mantra regardless as to whether anyone is actually doing any of those things.

Who is "we"?, may I ask?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

As those 4 are your standard response to anyone who does not mirror your opinions I'm sure you will be repeating that mantra regardless as to whether anyone is actually doing any of those things.

Who is "we"?, may I ask?

Read what said above.
We don't want in this thread vaccine apologetics and denialism of reality

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I did read it.

I was agreeing with you, for goodness sake?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

.?!!! About what?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

1. Covid is fake
  2. The vax is a weapon
  3. People now have VAIDS
  4. And suffer from an incurable case of Cognitive Dissonance

We know this to be true.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

1. Covid is fake
  2. The vax is a weapon
  3. People now have VAIDS
  4. And suffer from an incurable case of Cognitive Dissonance

Vax is definitely a bioweapon.

We know this to be true.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

I have said this many times:

"As a result, they either had their condition deteriorate or had diseases that could have been caught instead go unnoticed until they fell more ill."

Do you still disagree with any of that as being a significant cause of excess mortality?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

From the remaining Covid deaths we still don't know how many deaths are due to Covid and with Covid. As these are two different things.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Out of morbid curiosity, may I ask why you told me to STFU and accused me of "vaccine apologetics and denialism of reality" when I simply agreed with you?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Yep. Tumbleweeds at the moment.....

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Out of morbid curiosity, may I ask why you told me to STFU and accused me of "vaccine apologetics and denialism of reality" when I simply agreed with you?

You were about to start the vaccine apologetics.
Do o you really agree with what I said? For example this part of my text. So I told you as always to stop engaging. Never used the other word... It's inappropriate and one needs to have a good moral compass and not using this language.

"I notice that there is not talk about what else might be causing a number of excess deaths and debilitating conditions. I find it very strange, given the plethora of evidence, and the calls by many scientists and doctors to have a critical evaluation in terms of the safety and effectiveness of these products and their potential harms. Some scientists have asked for the immediate suspension of these products"

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Oh, so I was " about to start the vaccine apologetics" was I? Do you now have a crystal ball?

Are we in Minority Report territory now or something?

"I told you as always to stop engaging."

Sorry, but you do not get to tell me to stop posting.

As for the rest of your post about "the other word" (no idea what you are on about there)
and "It's inappropriate and one needs to have a good moral compass and not using this language" that makes no coherent sense at all.

Have you lost the plot?
edit on 4-2-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

There may have been some of this, but most Doctors in our area were seeing patients on a normal schedule by third quarter of 2020.

I was supposed to have a physical in May of 2020 that got delayed until October of 2020, but that's about as bad as it got here in Tennessee.

Regardless of how much or how little of this actually happened, it can all be laid at the feet of the same psychotic assholes that pushed the masks, and vaxx, social distancing, lockdowns, shutting down businesses, etc., etc. that ended up being of no benefit.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxxAction

Not my experience here in the UK.

The NHS is on it's knees, as are Ambulance response times, etc.

Lockdowns, COVID health workers testing positive with consultations, operations being cancelled, diagnoses being missed etc have had a massive effect on excess deaths here.

Which I have been saying for some time.

And as the OP says.

Even if he is a bit in turmoil about this.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

a reply to: MaxxAction

Not my experience here in the UK.

The NHS is on it's knees, as are Ambulance response times, etc.

Lockdowns, COVID health workers testing positive with consultations, operations being cancelled, diagnoses being missed etc have had a massive effect on excess deaths here.

Which I have been saying for some time.

And as the OP says.

Even if he is a bit in turmoil about this.

The OP is clear and the lockdowns and restrictions have been very damaging. But... They have forgotten to mention something very important which is often discussed in these threads.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It’s the vaccine. Don’t believe it at your peril.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join