It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delilah - Why why why ban Delilah??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:28 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

OK. Aside from insulting all Rugby fans the world over, I am concerned at the implications for the economy Stratford upon Avon, the birthplace of Shakespere.

Clearly, production of Othello will be curtailed on the grounds of killing a woman.

Romeo and Juliet will be cancelled because ofvthe encouragement it gives to pedo's everywhere, and Hamlet is at risk as the plot hystericalizes a woman to suicide.

Ah! No wait - some of the actors and actresses in Stratford are quite fanciable and cute, as with some of the arty audience, besides they dont need the publicity to push the price of TV rights up.

So, fortunately, 'classical culture' is safe, though 'pop culture' remains at risk of 'Global Norming'.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

So, fortunately, 'classical culture' is safe, though 'pop culture' remains at risk of 'Global Norming'.

I wouldn't speak too soon , nothing is safe with Woke culture on the rampage.

I hope the Welsh fans give a rousing rendition of the traditional song made famous by the Welsh crooner.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I wouldn't speak too soon , nothing is safe with Woke culture on the rampage.

I hope the Welsh fans give a rousing rendition of the traditional song made famous by the Welsh crooner.

I've not got tickets for today but I'm sure the Pub will erupt

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Charlie Lawson (Coronation Street) nails it about Delilah... and even mentions Shakespeare...
Warning: couple of sweary words.

Tom outdoes Pavarotti on that last note!
Enjoy...

Thankfully the WRU have no 'power' over the supporters.... just staying on the topic of your title

Shakespeare's day will come too now, no doubt.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   

SnF for the use of "Global Norming"

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

If this works .....

www.facebook.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Nope.... link no longer exists.... with the rest of the Facebook explanation as to why this might be.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Do you think the people that push this crap are bit araf in the head?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The WRU probably want a distraction from their current scandal:

www.skysports.com... sexism-misogyny-in-organisation

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What these sjws are is cultural vandals.
Give them a little bit of authority and they lord it over the public in ways like this.
Basically, it's the same as inviting someone to your home and they start smashing things.
do you:
A) hug them and tell them its ok. Or
B) grab them by the neck and throw them out?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What are they going to do, arrest the fans?

Pathetic.

Next they will ban football fans from chanting questioning the Ref's parentage.. .

I suppose the traditional "Who ate all the pies?....etc" chant will be banned as being fat shaming or whatever.
edit on 4-2-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Try telling the loudest fans in Britain, Stoke City fans, they can't sing their club anthem. After a few choice words you would get the loudest WHY, WHY, WHY DELILAH you have ever heard

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Back in the 1920s, when the Lord Chamberlain's Department licensed the production of plays and Britain was in the grip of a Red Scare, Coriolanus was banned for several years. It was considered borderline Marxist.

The history of censorship in the UK over the last hundred years is fascinating and rarely what people think it is...

edit on 4-2-2023 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Who's Charlie Lawson and why is his opinion significant?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese
He's just an actor from a British soap, who was interviewed for his opinion. He's a regular guest on an independent news channel called GB News, and he just happened to nail the whole debacle. If you'd watched the interview I posted and my explanatory comments to accompany it, you wouldn't have asked this question. Who he is to anyone outside the UK is not relevant.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I'm in the UK and he's not relevant to me either. I haven't watched Corrie for decades.

He's a celebrity on minor Freeview channel. Like Stacey Solomon but with fewer viewers. I wouldn't give a fig for either of their opinions beyond their own work.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Nice info, I'll check it out.

I never read Marx in it though - Coriolanus despised the proletariat, I recall dimly we said something like "thou art the basest toe of this assembly" to one of their leaders. So Facism maybe, but never saw Marx.

Oldcarpy2 hit it on the head I think . The Welsh officialdom want distract from recent accusations of women hating and racism. Clearly they figure banning a song will purge them.

Sadly, it didn't work the last time they tried it in 2015. Maybe they should address the sickness not invent a symptom.

I've sung along to that song since I was a kid.Only ever warned me against getting too wound up - the guy kills the thing he loved -or do I get that one wrong also?

www.lbc.co.uk...

"The WRU removed the song from its half-time entertainment and music play list during international matches in 2015.

"Guest choirs have also more recently been requested not to feature the song during their pre-match performances and throughout games.

"The WRU condemns domestic violence of any kind. We have previously sought advice from subject matter experts on the issue of censoring the song and we are respectfully aware that it is problematic and upsetting to some supporters because of its subject matter."

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   
He's not 'relevant' to most people and I can count on both hands the amount of times I have watched Corrie, But he still nails the whole debacle.
So again, why ask me that question about who he is when you clearly knew exactly who he was and far more than I did, so much so you could compare him to Stacey Solomon who I also know very little about other than she won some singing contest and is Joe Swash's partner/wife.
Have you anything to say about his views on the banning of singing Delilah?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   

They can't take away cultural heritage and get away with it. There is definitely a change in the pipes regarding the deletion of cultural heritage, my hope is that it will be non violent.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
He's not 'relevant' to most people and I can count on both hands the amount of times I have watched Corrie, But he still nails the whole debacle.
So again, why ask me that question about who he is when you clearly knew exactly who he was and far more than I did, so much so you could compare him to Stacey Solomon who I also know very little about other than she won some singing contest and is Joe Swash's partner/wife.
Have you anything to say about his views on the banning of singing Delilah?

It's called irony.

I don't care for celebrities' opinions on matters outside their field.

As far as the Delilah thing goes, it's a storm in a teacup. If the RFU doesn't want the choirs to lead the singing on Delilah, fair enough. It's their ground.

Can they stop fans singing Delilah? No more than they can stop people singing Celery at Stamford Bridge or No Surrender to the IRA up north.

Even if the government didn't try a warm up to an attack on the judicial process today, a non-ban like this is not worth a second thought.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join