It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy balloon witness thought it might have been a star or UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Spy balloon witness thought it might have been a star or UFO

Feb 3 (Reuters) - Chase Doak was getting ready to leave work when he spotted what he thought might have been a star or even a UFO. It turned out to be a spy balloon floating high over the United States and his images have been seen around the world. The Pentagon reported on Thursday that a spy balloon it suspected is Chinese had been flying over the country for a couple of days. China says it is "verifying" the situation.

I see target practice in our airspace….

It shouldn’t take much IF we can aim straight

So much for the BALUFO

👽
edit on 4-2-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

First, I question who's balloon is it? We have been quick to blame China, but have they admitted ownership?

Second, the round shape of a truly gigantic balloon is carrying such a huge payload is almost out of reason. Such balloons used to be long and droopy, with the large empty areas trailing down to the load. Of course, the higher it gets the larger the gas bubble, but images we see of this one is of a perfectly round gas bag and an absolutely insane, elongated structure underneath. Those two characteristics are unknown to most of us commoners.

Third, about a year ago I noticed about that same height a ball-shaped, white balloon high over the Austin, Texas, area. It was slowly moving toward the northeast. Even with binocs, I could not make out an instrument bundle. As I recall, there were media reports of it and it was written off as nothing special. Now, I wonder.

Fourth, this object should be only moving where the high-altitude wind takes it. But some reports tend to give it the power to change its directions. That would be virtually impossible for such a large object with an immense payload.

Fifth, it is totally ludicrous for the US government to not have complete answers for this object. I hate to say this, but it is remarkably similar to the seventy-year-old UFO situation. Mysterious objects are seen in the sky, but the government acts like it doesn't know/won't tell what is going on. So, as a joke (mostly) I ask: Aliens?

Too many questions about this object don't fit.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hmm. This isn't anything to do with the spy balloon. Unless it's also spying on Chinese citizens abroad.

But it's linked to China.

China has opened dozens of “overseas police service stations” around the globe to monitor its citizens living abroad, including one location in New York City and three in Toronto.

“These operations eschew official bilateral police and judicial cooperation and violate the international rule of law, and may violate the territorial integrity in third countries involved in setting up a parallel policing mechanism using illegal methods,” reads a report by Safeguard Defenders, a human rights watchdog, released earlier this month.

The report, titled “110 Overseas: Chinese Transnational Policing Gone Wild,” details China’s extensive efforts to combat “fraud” by its citizens living overseas, in part by opening several police stations on five continents that have assisted Chinese authorities in “carrying out policing operations on foreign soil.”

Europe is home to most of the police stations, with locations spread across the continent in places such as London, Amsterdam, Prague, Budapest, Athens, Paris, Madrid and Frankfurt. North America is also home to four of the stations, with three locations in Toronto and one in New York City. In all, there are 54 such stations in 30 different countries.

The report details how China has attempted to “combat the growing issue of fraud and telecommunication fraud by Chinese nationals living abroad,” running operations that have resulted in 230,000 Chinese nationals being “persuaded to return” to China “voluntarily” over the last year to face criminal prosecution.

The Chinese government has claimed that the stations provide vital services to its citizens living abroad, though the report notes that many of the services are those that would be traditionally carried out by an overseas embassy. Instead, the report argues that the stations have been used to enhance China’s overseas law enforcement capabilities in possible violation of international law.

The report also outlines the potential human rights abuses associated with the stations, including using harassment and intimidation methods, such as threatening the family members of the overseas citizens. The stations have also served as centers to spread Chinese government propaganda and monitor the behavior and opinions of Chinese nationals.....

Full Report
New York Post

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Observer19
I never believed in "chinese espionage balloons". Man, the chinese sell routers to the US Army and millions of US citizens have TikTok on their spyPhones. Why sending WWII tech then? Especially huge balloons, i always thought that espionage has something to with not being caught to gather as much information as possible. These huge balloons do the exact opposite of that.

My first thought was there must be a reason that somebody started these balloons and screams "CHINESE". A short time later i read that Blinken cancelled a journey to China because of these "chinese balloons". This journey was thought to ease the tensions between China and the USA. Guess somebody likes to increase the tensions instead of the opposite. There is no doubt that certain powerful circles do everything to start a new WW. And as sad as it is, they are not only coming from the east, rather the opposite.

The timing was too perfect for me. "Chinese espionage balloons" appear exactly when certain circles need a reason to cancel Blinkens journey (to ease the tensions between China and the USA). And the masses, of course, eat that BS without questioning anything again.
Cheers

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Amazing that we can have sharp clear up photos like this. But not when it comes to UAPS over US Navy ships and tracked by their fighter aircraft.

That sure is carrying a lot of swamp gas!

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

So they aren’t Chinese, but the Chinese are saying it is.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Amazing that we can have sharp clear up photos like this. But not when it comes to UAPS over US Navy ships and tracked by their fighter aircraft.

That’s a profound statement 👍🏼

Any closer and you may be able to see the words “Made In China”

👽

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Yep, noticed that meanwhile, wrote my comment before this happened or i recognized it.

But tbh, doesn´t make any more sense now. Except we are fooled by all of them. They maybe are all in one world modus meanwhile, borders and nations are maybe only left to be used to fool the masses. Maybe they try to create "war" like in the book 1984, a worldwide wag the dog war that can only be stopped by a oh so good one world government then maybe. I can´t forget the pics on the Event201 website, all of them in intimate company, the chinese whatever next to the CIA lady etc.

Why using balloons (even "blind people can see them"...) to spy from above, are all of their spy-planes/drones and satellites that useless suddenly?

For me it all doesn´t make sense. Except this was some BS to serve a greater plan? Why that worldwide MSM coverage of almost ancient WWII espionage tech? Why weren`t these balloons shot down immediately, why is such a fuss made about especially that event? Too many questions about things that make absolutely no sense in this case here.
Cheers

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

China doesn’t have aircraft that can reach the US. As I said in another thread, it’s risk/reward. Things break a little differently and they may get it over a few installations before it’s seen.

As for why it wasn’t shot down there are several reasons. It’s not going to be an easy thing to do is one. It’s going to take awhile to come down, and there’s no telling where it lands. So you’re risking hurting your own people when it comes down, in addition to the weapons debris coming down. The other big one is that we’re probably getting more from this than China is in terms of intelligence.
edit on 2/4/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   
And another……

Secon d spy balloon spotted over Latin America, says Pentagon, as Blinken postpones China trip

OMG……the Chinese launched an Intercontinental Ballistic Balloon (IBB) attack upon the world…….a soft start to WW III yikes!

I guess NORAD doesn’t do potential balloons possibly carrying some form of a nuke to be released over anywhere USA …(in general and not these 2 particular incidents)

Asked about the balloon, the Chinese foreign ministry said on Friday: “The Chinese side regrets the unintended entry of the airship into US airspace … It is a civilian airship used for research, mainly meteorological, purposes … The airship deviated far from its planned course.”

Are we suppose to believe that fortune cookie?

🥴

👽

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So, they can try to chase ufos going at 1000 miles per hour, but not this slow balloon?

They say they won’t shoot it down because it can cause danger on land to a civilian.

They should wait until it gets over Roswell and then shoot it down!

It probably has fentanyl and coronavirus inside it, and if we shoot it down, those poisons will spread everywhere.
edit on 4-2-2023 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Something moving 1000 mph is a hell of a lot easier to chase than something moving 10 or 12.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I guess the shocker for some is the look of the instruments package……it’s not the typical tethered sling hanging train type of what is usually seen with high altitude balloons.

👽

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz

They say they won’t shoot it down because it can cause danger on land to a civilian.

So then it will also be ok for enemy fighters to fly over next……..using the same reasoning “cause a danger on land to civilians”…to not take them down.

War is war……enemy planes will drop out of the sky anywhere and every where…it’s war’s nature.

It’s not like you would radio your enemy while your engaged with them….and say “hey! We need to move our planes over an unpopulated area….we have to be careful of the people below……yeah right, as if…..

The mentality today is weak.

👽

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

That's what some commentators said. Your right; these leaders don't give a damn about civilians but its a good excuse to give.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The first issue with that mentality is that no one else has fighters to get to the US, outside of Alaska without being detected and intercepted long before getting anywhere near a city. If they can even get to the US.

Second, people trying to score political points don’t give a # about what’s really going on. This is China’s EP-3. It’s an intelligence coup for us, and letting it go on its way was the right decision. We’ve gathered a ton of data on the systems on board, encryption, communications, radar and more. That alone is worth people screaming and crying.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok……yes…let’s get all the information we can from it………..then take it down…….to say, you’ll never do that again….you get our drift? (Jet stream west to east prevailing winds).

NY will get white rubbery flakes for an end to a chilly winter season.

👽

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It is worthy of mention about the military saying that shooting down the balloon would create a 400-square-mile debris field is absolutely false propaganda for several reasons. First, you poke a hole in the balloon and let the gas out and the whole mass descends in virtually one piece. The plastic sheeting, intact or in pieces is not a problem of any great sort. Second, the weapon needs be nothing more than an anti-aircraft missile, no big city-block destroying affair.

The payload affair is undoubtedly mostly antennas and solar cells, not even of an aircraft type of structure. If it is powered, it may have batteries and electric motors which may be of some consequence, but not to the tune of "400- square-miles...." Regardless, no great threat to any property or soul to bring it down properly.

Uncle is sure to do the act over water where the recovery is done and hidden. So expect a hap-hazard explanation of what is retrieved (to keep Chinese secrets from being revealed to the Chinese, as if that makes any sense).

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Posted in wrong thread... sorry.
edit on 4/2/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   
And there it goes. Taken down over water.

A necessary decision. Imagine what could happen if say a rancher found the wreckage and.....oh never mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join