It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened at Northrop Grumman? Police investigate death of two employees at Utah facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Our speculative nature here at ATS makes me wonder why this topic has not been discussed yet.

We have a bit of an “understanding” (??) of MIC, and the possibility that there are black budget projects that have spawned some craft of interest.

And we know the names of these companies.

So, on January 30, 2023, local police were called to a location operated by Northrop Grumman. Two employees were unresponsive and “life saving measures” were employed. The two were transported to the hospital where they were pronounced deceased.

Now, that is bizarre enough for a speculative website to ponder over!

The article:

Two employees of Northrop Grumman were found dead while they were at work. The incident took place on Monday, January 30, at the company's Bacchus facility in Salt Lake County, Utah. While the reason behind their deaths is yet to be revealed, details about the cause of death are expected to be out soon.

The Police Department and the West Valley City Fire said that they responded immediately, and that life-saving measures were deployed on the two employees. However, nothing worked and when the two employees were taken to the hospital, they were declared dead.

Police further stated that the investigation is currently ongoing with the help of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

Feb 2, 2023, sportskeeda.com -What happened at Northrop Grumman? Police investigate death of two employees at Utah facility.

This flew under my radar so I ask, does ATS have any information to add?? And I am sure that you have opinions.

Did you not hear about this until today (Friday , Feb 3)???

Huh??

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well with what ever happened, there was enough of there body intact to attempt life saving treatment.

To speculate, they where working on some new manufacturing process that resulted in some toxic side effects. As for what really went down, I don't know.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In a case of death at one's employment , the police HAVE to investigate .

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just a guess but they may have just had their booster shots.

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Our speculative nature here at ATS makes me wonder why this topic has not been discussed yet.

We have a bit of an “understanding” (??) of MIC, and the possibility that there are black budget projects that have spawned some craft of interest.

And we know the names of these companies.

So, on January 30, 2023, local police were called to a location operated by Northrop Grumman. Two employees were unresponsive and “life saving measures” were employed. The two were transported to the hospital where they were pronounced deceased.

Now, that is bizarre enough for a speculative website to ponder over!

The article:

Two employees of Northrop Grumman were found dead while they were at work. The incident took place on Monday, January 30, at the company's Bacchus facility in Salt Lake County, Utah. While the reason behind their deaths is yet to be revealed, details about the cause of death are expected to be out soon.

The Police Department and the West Valley City Fire said that they responded immediately, and that life-saving measures were deployed on the two employees. However, nothing worked and when the two employees were taken to the hospital, they were declared dead.

Police further stated that the investigation is currently ongoing with the help of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

Feb 2, 2023, sportskeeda.com -What happened at Northrop Grumman? Police investigate death of two employees at Utah facility.

This flew under my radar so I ask, does ATS have any information to add?? And I am sure that you have opinions.

Did you not hear about this until today (Friday , Feb 3)???

Huh??

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
The Northrop-Grumman facility at Bacchus, Utah manufactures solid rocket motors. In other words, they deal with highly energetic and toxic chemicals.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

This is why I asked!!

And you can’t live without oxygen. So, possible accident with a combustible, sucks up the surrounding oxygen and leaves nothing else to breathe (same happens with halon).

But this is the ideas that none of the news sources are reporting. And I knew that we have members here who know more about the locale than us outsiders!!

Thanks for the information!!!

And we wait.
edit on 3-2-2023 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Tori Speling

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Mind you, Bacchus is a demon.
the-demonic-paradise.fandom.com...
www.nairaland.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Mind you, Bacchus is a demon.
the-demonic-paradise.fandom.com...
www.nairaland.com...

The Village of Coonville, settled by pioneers, was renamed to Bacchus after the VP of the Hercules Powder Company in 1915, T. E. Bacchus. Nothing to do with a Roman diety.

SR-111 was named after the ghost town, but that land the former company town was on is currently owned by Northrup.

The autopsy reports are expected to come out soon but the OSHA report can take up to six months. I doubt it will take anywhere near that long though.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was improper ventilation for chemicals they were working with. I work with much less hazardous stuff at a competitor and the fumes can sneak up on you.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Probably died from clot shots.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Probably died from clot shots.

One probably had heart issues due to the clot shot, had a heart attack, then the other one tried to give cpr, but had also had the shot, and trying to give cpr got his heart racing and then he had a heart attack. Both died.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
My understanding is that it was a confined space issue. They were working in an area requiring breathing and ventilation measures. As to what went wrong, I have no info. Whether chemicals of simple CO poisoning, the result is similar. I'm sure some details will emerge.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Shaker

Thanks for the background & common sense approach.

TEO you've got something with "Why we weren't on the ball" with this news. A week goes by with two work related fatalities
at a defense contractor site? ZOOM!!! right over our heads?
I actually scanned Business & Tech news this week an saw nothing.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Thanks for the background & common sense approach.

TEO you've got something with "Why we weren't on the ball" with this news. A week goes by with two work related fatalities
at a defense contractor site? ZOOM!!! right over our heads?
I actually scanned Business & Tech news this week an saw nothing.

Local news had it reported by noon the next day. Here's one of the earliest I could find: abc news

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thanks again!
SLC isn't remotely local to me, so wouldn't have seen this.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Most Likely Dinitrogen Tetroxide poisoning. NTO is used in SRBs and highly toxic. One would lose consciousness first if exposed to it. Happened to astronauts in 1975 as well and one crew member lost consciousness upon descent and others poisoned

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chemicalromance92

The whole thing is “OSHA purview” now. So unless OSHA releases a preliminary report there may be a long wait involved.

At least that’s how it works in the oil industry (we get a safety stand down, then a reminder to allow only the legal department to comment).

Thanks for the extra data point to remember! I think we are all wondering about this scenario.

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Some news….

A coworker has set up a Go Fundme page for the two workers who died.

From the statement they were both male. And there was an echo that the police will coordinate with OSHA due to the investigation.

Linky: kslnewsradio.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
UPDATE

The two employees who were found unconscious in West Valley in January this year reportedly died after oxygen displacement from argon gas, according to police reports.

In January, two men, identified as Ken Tran, 48, and Jonathan Steinke, 24, were found unconscious at the Northrop Grumman facility. West Valley Fire Department first responders attempted life-saving measures and both Tran and Steinke were taken to the hospital where they were pronounced dead.

Source: abc4.com (local Itah), Nov 21, 2023 - Northrop Grumman employees found unconscious died of argon gas.

Of course they go on to say that OSHA has tried to fine NG for various violations NG is contesting those charges.

It is a shame that the entire story can not be told at once because of the fear of lawsuits. We had to wait an entire year before the “facts” were even revealed.

Why, some people may think that it might be some kind of conspiracy or something…
edit on 7-1-2024 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: add date

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Thanks for sticking with the story & posting the update. Tragic accident, to be sure.

new topics

top topics

join