It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most delicious drink in the world Brazilian Lemonade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It really should be called Limeade but whatever.

This drink hits the spot. It is sweet, but not too sweet, it is sour, but not too sour, tangy but not too tangy, you get the picture.
I saw a video on it and it looked really great so I gave it a try. HOLY TROPICAL VACATION, this drink is sooo good I had to share.
PS limes are soooo good for you, probably not the sweetened condensed milk, but oh well. It is cold as heck here but I'm going through "the change" I know I know tmi, so this drink helps cool me down.

You take limes cut them up and blend with just enough water to mix exactly 15 seconds. KEEP the peels on.
Don't blend more than 15 seconds or it will get bitter.

Then strain the liquid into a container. Add sweetened condensed milk, I like ours frozen style so we do this part add ice and blend again another 10 second.
Then pour into fancy schmancy glass and enjoy.

Some Variations
To be extra fancy, add some cherry syrup. Add your choice of liquor.
Add a puff of whipped cream or ice cream
Add strawberries

edit on 3-2-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

HOLY SUGAR ! Midaswell drink a can of coke

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

HOLY SUGAR ! Midaswell drink a can of coke

Coke has no nutritional qualities, but at least this has the limes

There is a lot of sugar, but this is treat drink, not something to have every single day!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Yes, it's very similar to our Italian Lemon Sorbet(tto). We have it dense like ice cream or more fluid, enough to drink. It can be varied and based on any desired fruits. Also, it is dairy free. The biggest difference is that you need an ice cream maker or a freezer and patience.

Here's a recipe:
www.giallozafferano.com...

edit on 3/2/2023 by Encia22 because: Fixed link

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This recipe needs to be run through a commercial-grade frozen margarita machine. NOW LOL

the sweetened condensed milk does concern me it was something I'd drink all the time. Any possible substitutes?

Ive become obsessed with lime and lemon juice drinks and limeades etc. not so much for taste but hydration I don't drink enough water, but Ive done a lime watermelon cucumber ginger drink and it's off-the-charts drinkable. And I half-azz it most of the time and don't add any sweeteners except a little honey.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

This recipe needs to be run through a commercial-grade frozen margarita machine. NOW LOL

the sweetened condensed milk does concern me it was something I'd drink all the time. Any possible substitutes?

Ive become obsessed with lime and lemon juice drinks and limeades etc. not so much for taste but hydration I don't drink enough water, but Ive done a lime watermelon cucumber ginger drink and it's off-the-charts drinkable. And I half-azz it most of the time and don't add any sweeteners except a little honey.

Even with a few whips of the blender it really does have that margarita feeling.

The sweetened condensed milk really does add something to it, I know because I tried it without and at different amounts of scm and unfortunately I like it with a lot. It makes it more milkshake like and adds a flavor and not just sweetness.

I literally had a watermelon slice for breakfast with water and lime. I am obsessed with those flavors too.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Yes, it's very similar to our Italian Lemon Sorbet(tto). We have it dense like ice cream or more fluid, enough to drink. It can be varied and based on any desired fruits. Also, it is dairy free. The biggest difference is that you need an ice cream maker or a freezer and patience.

Here's a recipe:
www.giallozafferano.com...

Really weird that you used that recipe link because those are the exact same glasses that we use for this recipe!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Flutes are classic and traditional in Italy for drinkable sorbets and Prosecco/Champagne. In the frozen foods dept. of our supermarkets they sell ready-to-serve lemon sorbet already packaged in plastic flutes.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I think you would like star fruit juice. You can mix with lemons, limes, oranges, coconut water, and you can add sugar. It is really good for you.

I don't add anything. I drink it straight and it is perfect to me. Just the right amount of tart and sweet.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think you would like star fruit juice. You can mix with lemons, limes, oranges, coconut water, and you can add sugar. It is really good for you.

I don't add anything. I drink it straight and it is perfect to me. Just the right amount of tart and sweet.

I would probably love it, but here’s the problem. Where I live most delicate tropical fruits are HORRIBLE. They have to go through such intense shipping to get here, that by the time there are here they are a shell of natures intentions.
Limes and lemons travel ok, but anything like star fruit, heck even kiwis sometimes aren’t that great here. The only exception is when they are frozen. I don’t think I’ve seen that frozen though.

I started growing my own strawberries because what I get in the store is tasteless.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Flutes are classic and traditional in Italy for drinkable sorbets and Prosecco/Champagne. In the frozen foods dept. of our supermarkets they sell ready-to-serve lemon sorbet already packaged in plastic flutes.

Not to re-enforce our well-earned American stereo types....but

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Do yourself a favor, Sister, and get yourself some 'Estroven' which is an over the counter relief of those symptoms. It's the Maximum Strength package, about $24 here and worth every penny for 28 tablets.
Helps take the edge off!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
At first I thought this was going to be a booze only recipe but I am excited to try it now that I see the booze it optional!
I haven’t tried yet but it’s giving me Lime creamcicle vibes one of my favourite favourite treats, now apparently drinkable.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i was thinking the same thing. a reply to: seedofchucky

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
At first I thought this was going to be a booze only recipe but I am excited to try it now that I see the booze it optional!
I haven’t tried yet but it’s giving me Lime creamcicle vibes one of my favourite favourite treats, now apparently drinkable.

Yes it is, sooo good! Remember dont over blend because it will become bitter! 15 seconds!!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
Do yourself a favor, Sister, and get yourself some 'Estroven' which is an over the counter relief of those symptoms. It's the Maximum Strength package, about $24 here and worth every penny for 28 tablets.
Helps take the edge off!

Already tried it, won’t work it is a migraine trigger for me. I would rather deal with hot flashes over migraines!
I tried the topical progesterone and that was even worse, had a migraine for two days straight.

Right now it’s not so bad because it’s freezing up here but I’m nice and toasty!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
Helps take the edge off!

Already tried it, won’t work it is a migraine trigger for me. I would rather deal with hot flashes over migraines!
I tried the topical progesterone and that was even worse, had a migraine for two days straight.

Right now it’s not so bad because it’s freezing up here but I’m nice and toasty!

Well then the next best thing is the Polish Blackberry Brandy 'Jezynowka', a cure all for everything!
But seriously, a lot of exercise, walking, eating right, keeping busy, and if necessary the 'Estradiol' patch, which is the weakest of all the hormones (never take the hormone pills!), and helps tremendously.
The change did nothing to me, no hot flashes, nothing. But then I had to have a total hysterectomy, and that was a bit challenging.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You remember the Olympics in Brazil? Remember the polluted water? That's what they put in this thing. mmm...Yummy.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: stelth2

You remember the Olympics in Brazil? Remember the polluted water? That's what they put in this thing. mmm...Yummy.

Well lucky for me I am using pristine Lake Michigan water……ermmm

top topics

join