It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

700,000-Year-Old Skull Found In Greece Completely Shatters ‘Out Of Africa Theory’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   

700,000-Year-Old Skull Found In Greece Completely Shatters ‘Out Of Africa Theory’

In 1959, a human skull, that has been dated back 700,000 years and is now known as the “Petralona man” or the “Archanthropus of Petralona,” was unearthed. Since that time, researchers have been pondering the question of where exactly this skull came from, which has sparked a significant amount of discussion.

These guys may have spread around the world in ancient times long before Homo-Whatevercus. I'm not so sure of the claims however that they were the original "Greeks" as some want to believe. Too much time had passed for that and too much genetic mixture has happened. I am interested in the two other prehuman examples claimed to have also been found though.

Not much else was mentioned about those.

Were they bipedal? Were they upright? Were they tool user etc?

Further research in the cave led to the discovery of fossils from many different species, isolated teeth as well as two pre-human skeletons, that were 800,000 years old. In September 1995, Dr. Poulianos presented a calcified tibia found in Triglia, Chalkidiki, which he claimed belonged to a Homo erectus form he termed Homo erectus trilliensis, spreading all over the world from this region of the Aegean, of the SE of Europe 13 million years ago, and which he dated to 11 million years before the present. Poulianos believes that his discovery may challenge the Out of Africa theory regarding human evolution.

Please feel free to chime in with Thoughts, Comments, Shoe size?
edit on 3-2-2023 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Whoever created man and woman put man and woman on each seven continents here on Earth.
We don't understand the beginning but one thing is for sure there's seven continents on this Earth and there's got to be seven Adam and Eve's on each continent.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Whoever created man and woman put man and woman on each seven continents here on Earth.
We don't understand the beginning but one thing is for sure there's seven continents on this Earth and there's got to be seven Adam and Eve's on each continent.

There are 7 continents today, but that wasn't always the case.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

That may be true.
I do believe that probably the Earth was kind of like split in many small continents but I just pretty much based upon current seven continents.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There seems to be some controversy regarding both the age of the skull and whether or not it is Homo Erectus.

en.wikipedia.org...

Either way, I fail to see how it challenges any out of Africa theory? It's clearly not Homo Sapiens.

And whatever the correct date, it fits in with the time frame of when early hominids lived in Europe. Indeed, maybe it was just an early Briton who died whilst on summer holiday in Greece?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

However, Dr. Poulianos’ research was buried because it ran counter to the prevailing theory of human evolution at the time. In 2012, Dr. Poulianos and his wife were attacked and injured, but the people responsible for it were found. He and his team have not been able to go back to the cave to finish their research, and the whereabouts of the skull is now unknown.

Gee, what a surprise. Reminiscent of Virginia Steen McIntyre.

I've never bought into the "out of Africa" theory. I always suspected the dates didn't go back far enough. This lends credence to my suspicions, but doesn't prove them...yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

That may be true.
I do believe that probably the Earth was kind of like split in many small continents but I just pretty much based upon current seven continents.

Google Pangea and also Chronology of continents.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Thanks I'll check it out appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I am way too drunk and messed up to look up anything, difficult funeral today.. whats up with the mummy in the cave?

But for the op.. We humans have existed as such for a really long time, it almost seems futile to determine exactly from what continent we came from, since they have switched locations so often. Have a nice day/evening everyone.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's great to see a thread from you again. I have missed seeing you around here. You always seem to find the most interesting information to share with us.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
"Out Of Africa." Isn't there other possible explanations to that theory? Here's my theory and I have just as much proof that's it's the right one as they do.

Wealthy Citizen in Sparta: Here, look at my collection of skulls from around the world.
Ordinary Citizen in Sparta: What, are you a headhunter?
Wealthy Citizen in Sparta: Oh, yes. This first one I got from Africa. And there's one I got from Eastern Asia. I've been to lots of places collecting skulls.

Who's to say these skulls they're finding didn't get to their locations by the method I just described?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
"Out Of Africa." Isn't there other possible explanations to that theory? Here's my theory and I have just as much proof that's it's the right one as they do.

Wealthy Citizen in Sparta: Here, look at my collection of skulls from around the world.
Ordinary Citizen in Sparta: What, are you a headhunter?
Wealthy Citizen in Sparta: Oh, yes. This first one I got from Africa. And there's one I got from Eastern Asia. I've been to lots of places collecting skulls.

Who's to say these skulls they're finding didn't get to their locations by the method I just described?

Fossil skull collector here, i approve this post.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex
Fossil skull collector here, i approve this post.

I think collecting fossils is really cool!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I always thought out of Africa was just simply modern humans. Between around 3 or so million years ago and now hundreds of hominid species have come and gone.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hey, Slayer! Nice to have you back!

As to your post I don’t see how this discovery shatters the out of Africa theory when the Lucy skeleton is still way older at 3.2 million years old.

Perhaps you can explain it to me since this is your area of expertise…?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Actually, i have sobered enough to look at these pictures...

They are pretty much a statistical impossibility.. to remain undisturbed by scavengers etc.. to remain untouched by falling debris.. You would be surprised on how much of these kind of action befall on laid bones/corpses in abandoned caves.. still drunk tho..

Like why remove the head? No one would do that if its a recent discovery. point one/ a thousand.
edit on 3-2-2023 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I'm not so sure of the claims however that they were the original "Greeks" as some want to believe.

I for one know a few Greeks at work, and I believe that theory because these guys are ugly, just like that skull.

Dae

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yeah me too, I thought it explained humans survival through ice ages. When an ice age recedes humans travel out, when it comes back humans travel to where they can live, back to Africa. Must be a few geographical spots where people can live throughout these times right?

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Some of you need to at least read what the Out of Africa Hypothesis actually says. It looks like several people have decided it's false without even realizing what it says.
OOA recognizes multiple human migrations out of Africa. In fact, it even recognizes multiple earlier Homo Sapiens migrations from Africa.
The actual claim made by the hypothesis is only that modern, non-African populations all descend from one migration that occurred about 70k years ago.

There is no skull that can be found anywhere that would "shatter" that theory.

Harte

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm going with land bridges that are no longer around, and from then on each took separate evolutionary paths based on diet and environment.

A single missing link would not exist.

The supercontinent goes too far back to account for our relative short span on this rock.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join