It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos coming back from Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
OK, This isnt exactly about UFO's and ET's, altho some claim that Martians have colonized here.
When I look at the photos coming back from Mars, they often look very "alien" to me. Meaning that we dont see these geologic rock formations here on Earth.
I wish I had some examples to show, but it is very easy to view photos from Mars online.
The rock formations look very strange.
Some of the cliffs look like they have just melted, exactly like a partially melted candle looks, except much huger.
Other rock formations look like the hills and cliffs have just crumbled, right there, very quickly.
Some will say, Oh, was an earthquake. But they dont look like earthquakes. No valleys, no disbursement of boulders...
Just like a sudden collapse, right there.
Very strange looking.
You rarely, if ever, see these type of geological features found on Earth.
So when I view these photos, I think, OMG, something very catastrophic has happened here!
So I have come up with a theory, not unique, I am sure. It def looks like the planet has sustained nuclear blasts. With huge rock cliffs, just melted like that.
My theory is that once, many millions (billions?) of years ago, a highly developed species inhabited Mars. But there was a nuclear holocost that wiped out the civilization.
Some maintain that some of the inhabitants did make it to Earth, where they now live as ET's.
This is just a theory, so dont jump all over me with Prove it. It's just a theory.
Also, I recall reading somewhere (I read many old scriptures), that the next (and last) armageddon on Earth will not be another flood, but a gigantic fire. You know what this means.
Some of you prob know more about this than I do.
Also, I do not believe that humans, other than scientists and perhaps military, will ever colonize Mars. The radioactivity levels would be too high for human colonization.
Just a theory....

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   
No valleys on Mars? are you sure

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I meant at these places where the hills and cliffs look like they have just colapsed on themselves. I did not mean to suggest that there are no valleys on Mars. I am sure that there are plenty. Sheesh!!

originally posted by: putnam6

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfeline
I meant at these places where the hills and cliffs look like they have just colapsed on themselves. I did not mean to suggest that there are no valleys on Mars. I am sure that there are plenty. Sheesh!!

Apologies didn't mean to sound snarky. Love the subject, and what proper ATSer doesn't appreciate a good ancient Martian theory?

Though we have had probes and rovers on Mars for a long time, they have only covered a bit more than a couple of dozen miles. Their landing spots were likely chosen to be flatter and offer more chances to cover more ground. IIRC every time they tried to probe a crater they were extremely careful not to get stuck. Didn't one of the rovers die on a slope in a crater when it couldn't get its solar panels oriented

mars.nasa.gov...

Both rovers exceeded their planned 90-day mission lifetimes by many years. Spirit lasted 20 times longer than its original design until its final communication to Earth on March 22, 2010. Opportunity continues to operate more than a decade after launch. In 2015, Opportunity broke the record for extraterrestrial travel by rolling greater than the distance of a 26-mile (42-kilometer) marathon.

Let's face we only know about Mars what they will let us know about Mars. When I think of planetary destruction Mars could have easily been hit by a huge asteroid it's effect eons later would be indistinguishable.

How does Mars have both the deepest longest canyon and one of the tallest and widest volcanos in our solar system?

www.scientificamerican.com...

Giant Asteroid Collision May Have Radically Transformed Mars
An ancient, global-scale impact could explain the Red Planet’s mysterious “two-faced” appearance

The planet Mars has been associated with its namesake god of war for millennia, but its own past may have been more violent than was previously imagined. A new study suggests that Mars was once hit by an asteroid so large that it melted nearly half of the planet’s surface.

Researchers came to this conclusion while studying a strange feature known as the Martian hemispheric dichotomy—a dramatic drop in surface elevation and crustal thickness that occurs near Mars’ equator. In the northern hemisphere the land’s elevation is on average about 5.5 kilometers lower and the crust is around 26 kilometers thinner.

The dichotomy was discovered in the early 1970s when NASA’s Mariner 9 probe made the first detailed map of the Martian surface. The feature has perplexed astronomers ever since. Previous studies hinted that the dichotomy was formed by a glancing asteroid strike near the Martian north pole. But the new work, published in Geophysical Research Letters in December, suggests that a far more violent impact, at the opposite end of the planet, may have been the actual cause.

In the study astronomers at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (E.T.H. Zurich) used an advanced 3-D computer model to simulate the effect of an asteroid impact on Mars 4.5 billion years ago, when experts think the dichotomy formed. They tested a rival hypothesis for its origin—that it had been formed by an impact at Mars’s south pole.

When the team simulated a collision with an asteroid about 4,000 kilometers across (slightly larger than Earth’s moon) they found that it caused the crust of the “virtual” Mars to reform into two distinct zones: a thicker one in the southern hemisphere and a thinner one in the north, similar to what we see on the real planet. What’s more, the predicted thicknesses of the two crustal segments matched the real values observed on Mars almost exactly. Taken together these predictions provide compelling evidence that a south polar impact was the cause of the dichotomy. “This study advances an alternate impact origin for the Martian dichotomy,” says Craig Agnor, an astronomer at Queen Mary, University of London, who was not involved in the work.

edit on 2-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfeline

I dunno man.

Less gravity. Thinner atmosphere. Less energy from the Sun. Closer to the Asteroid Belt. No great bodies of water. Gravitational effect from two small moons rather than a single large one. On and on.

I'd expect geological formations to be very different from Earth. I'd be surprised if they weren't.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:45 AM
link   
When in MI with TS SCI, I have seen photographs taken in 1977 of a single US satellite orbiting Mars. The satellite looks antique almost and had a US flag on the side of the machine.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Anyone fascinated with Mars and suspecting that Mars is a whole different ballgame than what we have been told, should check out the works of Tom Van Flandern. He died several years ago, at 69, of supposed cancer. He was an astronomer at the US Naval Observatory in Washington, DC. His 500-page paperback book will enlighten anyone wanting another perspective on Mars. The title isDark Matter Missing Planets & New Comets. His website may still be accessible.

To call him a maverick astronomer would be an understatement. He had strong feelings about the history of Mars and such things as how the Valles Marineris canyon was formed. He believed that intelligent activities had been at work at Mars. He failed, in not following through with some of his thinking. Perhaps he knew that Phobos and Deimos were artificially placed moons by early Martians, but he never attempted to detail such things. Nonetheless, his thinking was very dangerous to the sedate status quo of his science.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Mars was one of the victims of a war between factions of the Anunaki vying for power about a half a million years ago.

I don't recall where I read that, but it was a cool story, so....

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If NASA wanted to get their budget tripled and start a Mars rush all they would really have to do is show a few pictures of something obviously man made. Trash. Dwellings. Corpses. Oh, Look, it's a road! It's a sign! It say's Yankees GO HOME!

It's a 48 Ford pickup with New Mexico plates! And the driver is still at the wheel! Now they would really have to send manned probes by the end the decade.

So NASA. Send us pictures of the good stuff. You'll be swimming in cash.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Snake Temple.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Mars was one of the victims of a war between factions of the Anunaki vying for power about a half a million years ago.

I don't recall where I read that, but it was a cool story, so....

I think it was a Richard C. Hoagland story from the 1990s. His website is still up and I guess he's still alive.

Wikipedia article on him.

Enterprise mission.

So much crazy there however.

edit on 3-2-2023 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

edit on 322023 by Wide-Eyes because: Nevermind.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Have you seen that valley! from space?
it looks like some thing Big hit Mars.
like a very big astroid.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You may want to read Death on Mars by Brandenburg. He's a scientist who thinks two huge nuclear weapons were deployed some million or two years ago, there. This is primarily from an isotope distribution that is only caused by artificial nuclear explosions and the decay of the isotope indicates when and where it happened.

As far as evidence of artificial structures, there, on Mars, there is a lot... though as everything, it is debatable... and is debated.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfeline
When I look at the photos coming back from Mars, they often look very "alien" to me. Meaning that we dont see these geologic rock formations here on Earth.

We do have similar formations, if you know where to look for them.

Some of the cliffs look like they have just melted, exactly like a partially melted candle looks, except much huger.
Other rock formations look like the hills and cliffs have just crumbled, right there, very quickly.

For that I do need examples, as I never saw any thing like that in the thousands of photos from Mars I have seen through the years.

new topics

top topics

join