It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah bans child mutilations and 'hormonal therapy' for all transgender minors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Similar measures in Tennessee

www.tennessean.com...

Republican-backed legislation to ban medical treatments for transgender youth cleared its first hurdles this week, moving quickly through committees in both General Assembly chambers over objections from Democrats.

Republicans last year filed the legislation, the first of the session, to ban medical procedures, medications and surgeries for youth living with gender dysphoria. Doctors would be prohibited under the law from providing any health care to minors "to identify with, or live as, a purported identity inconsistent with" their sex assigned at birth.

House Bill and Senate Bill 1 would also block youth from receiving health care via telehealth.

Supporters of the bill alleged in committee hearings this week the medications, including puberty blockers and hormones, prescribed to transgender youth can be harmful and cause irreversible side effects, though the proposed law still allows doctors to use these medications for conditions unrelated to gender dysphoria.

The weight of these decisions is too heavy for children. As a society, we understand that minors need limitations, so we place many age-restrictions on activities for children that can have lifelong consequences such as smoking, drinking alcohol, buying lottery tickets and even getting tattoos," bill sponsor Senate Majority Leader Jack Johnson, R-Franklin, said Wednesday. "It is reasonable to also put age-restrictions on these transformational elective medical procedures.

The 'gender affirming care' will be classified as child abuse.

It's about time!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Circumcision?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheResidentAlien
a reply to: watchitburn

Circumcision?

If it only was for circumcision the whole situation would have been different.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They did teach logic and thinking for yourself in my studies as a child in TN system. I hope they still do but I recall "Outkick" having a story on Franklin TN where Clay Travis lives and a place I lived in the 60's so I do have some idea of the area. They were teaching CRT behind the parents backs. The parents won in the end but it was odd. Good to see TN legislature cares about children for real in this matter.

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

www.tennessean.com...

Republican-backed legislation to ban medical treatments for transgender youth cleared its first hurdles this week, moving quickly through committees in both General Assembly chambers over objections from Democrats.

Republicans last year filed the legislation, the first of the session, to ban medical procedures, medications and surgeries for youth living with gender dysphoria. Doctors would be prohibited under the law from providing any health care to minors "to identify with, or live as, a purported identity inconsistent with" their sex assigned at birth.

House Bill and Senate Bill 1 would also block youth from receiving health care via telehealth.

Supporters of the bill alleged in committee hearings this week the medications, including puberty blockers and hormones, prescribed to transgender youth can be harmful and cause irreversible side effects, though the proposed law still allows doctors to use these medications for conditions unrelated to gender dysphoria.

The weight of these decisions is too heavy for children. As a society, we understand that minors need limitations, so we place many age-restrictions on activities for children that can have lifelong consequences such as smoking, drinking alcohol, buying lottery tickets and even getting tattoos," bill sponsor Senate Majority Leader Jack Johnson, R-Franklin, said Wednesday. "It is reasonable to also put age-restrictions on these transformational elective medical procedures.

It's about time!

edit on 3-2-2023 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
They did teach logic and thinking for yourself in my studies as a child in TN system. I hope they still do but I recall "Outkick" having a story on Franklin TN where Clay Travis lives and a place I lived in the 60's so I do have some idea of the area. They were teaching CRT behind the parents backs. The parents won in the end but it was odd. Good to see TN legislature cares about children for real in this matter.

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

www.tennessean.com...

It's about time!

It seems that logic and critical thinking have been compromised quite a lot or even suspended in favour of the transgender ideology.

I find it morally reprehensible to indoctrinate children in schools with respect to the trans ideology. It must stop immediately as this is where the problem begins. Nonsense being taught as facts in schools. And then continue in Universities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join