It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Are you a sucker for a timeless tale of love, betrayal and tragedy?

Everybody is a hopeless romantic these days it seems.

Two sci-fi nerds taking a stroll and making meaningless gestures

According to the online tabloid Smithsonianmag, the two fiction fanboys identified as a Mr Gorbachev from Russia and a lesser known b-grade actor from Hollywood called Ronald were at some stale get-together when the two lovestruck men decided to take a stroll and promise sweet nothings to one another.

A well known socialite, Schultz, made sure to capture the juicy details as the lovers piled on the empty promises.

"Do you love me?" Ronald asked wistfully of the handsome man strolling beside him.

"Da." Came the strong, forceful reply.

"Yes.. " Ronald said eagerly, "But how much do you love me?"

The other man sighed.

"Dahlink... for yew... I vould drawp ow petteeh deefrinces end reesk my kahntry eef leetle green men vere to come end probe you for scienteeficul glory of mother plennit Mars."

"Oh Michael" Ronnie swooned. "You always know just how to get me hot under the collar!"

"Of course, " the Russian replied nonchalantly. "Evin ven eets cold beetween us, it vill alvays bee hott beetween us behbee."

But like most passionate affairs, their energetic love went the way of coal, giving off an intense heat at first but then suddenly went cold.

Their love story however is a tale as old as time itself and still reported on in teenage girl magazines such as this one:

Romeo and Juliet revisited-Military.com

If aliens actually invaded Earth, the United States would be ready. As far back as the 1985 Geneva Summit, the U.S. and Russia agreed to set aside their differences and join forces in case of an alien invasion. There are those working in the U.S. military who believe the Pentagon actually developed a plan if that ever happens.

It seems the gossip columns are hopeless romantics after all.

And everytime the story is retold, the reader is left with a dreaded longing as if to say... I want to believe.

edit on 2-2-2023 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
So funny!
Goes off mumbling *How did I miss this episode???
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

This is perfect!

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Hilarious and perfectly fitting for the thread!

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I am forever greatful for this thread. Made my day.

new topics

top topics

join