It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does “Woke” Mean?… Here’s The REAL Definition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Many of us have said the exact same things though not communicated as well or condensed into a Political Ideology definition. This is a really good definition that brings it all together and explains it well though I would say the the exact same definitions apply to "Progressivism" as well as "Woke" is just a slang term for their core beliefs.

What Does “Woke” Mean?… Here’s The REAL Definition The Left Doesn’t Want You To See

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

An ideology—meaning a secular religion. It’s revealed Truth; opponents are sinners, questioning is heresy, and unbelievers must be converted or destroyed.

It’s collectivist. Collective thinking rejects human individualism, herding people into broad classes based on defined characteristics–like race, sex, and religion. In classic Marxism, those groups are defined by economic status. Woke defines them by race and sorts them out by ‘privilege.’ The color of your skin does indeed define your character—forever. A wealthy black college professor outranks a poor white son of a coal miner. Collective thinking denies humans basic dignity and treats them as mere numbers. Key: it also assigns collective guilt. Another current name for collectivists is “Progressive.”

Woke is authoritarian. Collectivism is tyrannous. With no individual rights to base human dignity and freedoms on, people are simply ants to be directed by any would-be Leader.

Also, Marxist: Woke defines the world as nothing more than an arena of power. All are at war with all for dominance. The defined dominant class is at war with everybody else. Every institution, norm, faith, history, and tradition—every human endeavor—is a deliberate instrument of oppression by the dominant class. Woke defines the dominant class as “white supremacy.” Everyone else is a victim. Everything existing is fair game to be destroyed.

Woke is totalitarian. There are no innocents; there are no neutrals; nothing is non-political; everything is either an instrument of oppression or an instrument of struggle. For the defined victim class, all are permitted. For the oppressor class, any attack is fair game.

Within this religion—ideology, there is the doctrine of “intersectionality.” This means there are other classes of victims that have hitched a ride along with race.

Not all these hitchhikers are equal.

Humans are sorted out into sub-collectives by their degree of arbitrarily defined “privilege.” The white female feminist outranks a white straight male but ranks below a black female. The male who publicly identifies as a woman is now “Trans” and now outranks the hetero-feminist and the lesbian. Competition within these victim groups is intense. One class whose status is inviolate is African American. Attempts by others to identify as “Black” and the very idea of “Trans-Race” are laughed out of the room.

The true motivation of this religion is power, not an idealistic desire to improve the world.
Like the Maoist Red Guards that upended China, the woke believers use their religion to empower themselves by pulling down anyone and anything that catches their attention. Students destroy their teachers; players destroy their coaches; colleges pull down statues of their founders.

Like Mao’s China, it’s a Cultural Revolution led by power-drunk fanatics. The object is power.
This religion is growing and militantly crusades to extend its power. Through explicit evangelical institutions such as “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion” initiatives, its true believers have been given power within organizations.

So there you have broad principles. Can we get this down to the classic 25 words or less?

See link for more

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Cleverly disguised..
This is a truth pill that won't be easily swallowed. Or never, by most.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Words are supposed to have solid definitions, but as we all know those definitions are subject to interpretation.

Woke for example was someone that was enlightened on the plight and suffering of fringe demographics or the acceptance of a fact or realization outside of mainstream beliefs.
Now it is a term used for people shoving their lifestyle choices and imaginary slights down the throats of others.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 10:39 PM
link   

It's past tense for awake. If you were awake at a certain time recently, you were woke. It just doesn't get used much because most people are awake most of the time every day. I was woke before I wrote this and I'm awake right now.

Considering The Gateway Pundit wrote an ideological opinion article about this to whisper sweet nothings into every conservative reader's ears, I'm sure it describes woke as being really bad. Worse than fascism, worse than communism. It's probably those things too and every infamous leader in history was an adherant to woke, they just didn't know it yet as it had not been named.

I skipped over the article but I'm sure it was enjoyable if you hate woke people.
edit on CST10Wed, 01 Feb 2023 22:41:11 -060000000002b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Leftist = fascist I thought everyone knew that. What are they teaching in schools these days? Marx as a positive influence, really?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Woke? Like Woke Up?

Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, I noticed I was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
Somebody spoke and I went into a dream

edit on 1-2-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
not really what you'd call a definition though, is it? Agree with the point of the article or not, it was a bit more of a screed against THE LEFT rather than any useful sort of definition. Imagining someone in the workplace asking what the term means and some righteous anti-woke scold delivering this Cucker Tarlson-esque diatribe word perfect in a single breath, and i'm kind of loving it to be honest. Ways to show the world who you are by what you hate.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

They would hardly be alone.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Exactly, it used mean simply having your eyes opened and no longer sleep walking through life, or blindly believing in anything presented with authority.

But as with so much else, up is now down.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Do you feel better?

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Who cares about defining it? As soon as it is defined, the definition will change. That's the game now.

All I need to know is that it means believing in things that clearly run counter to what's in front of your face.

I get chided for believing in "magical sky daddies", but at least I'm not walking around practically parroting that 1+1=5 on a daily basis because the "experts" told me it was so.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What Does “Woke” Mean?

It means anyone that's straight or white,and uses ONLY two pronouns is everything wrong with the world and must be destroyed.

So Klaus Schwab and his merry little band of thieves can get richer than they already are, and eat gourmet steaks while we're eating meal worms and other assorted insects.

Woke is the greatest evil mankind has ever faced.

Woke is the mind killer.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   
"Woke", like post-modernism, is antithetical to Marxism.

According to Marx, class conflict is the driving force of history. All social phenomena can be reduced to matters of class and class differentials.

"Woke" puts personal identity above class identity and is therefore rejected by Marxists.

Marxism is not a catch all term for anything you disagree with or misunderstand or fear. Marxism, however you feel about it, is a consistent and coherent system of thought with a substantial body of literature.
edit on 2-2-2023 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What Does “Woke” Mean?

It means anyone that's straight or white,and uses ONLY two pronouns is everything wrong with the world and must be destroyed.

So Klaus Schwab and his merry little band of thieves can get richer than they already are, and eat gourmet steaks while we're eating meal worms and other assorted insects.

Woke is the greatest evil mankind has ever faced.

Woke is the mind killer.

I'm straight and white. Which two pronouns are the only ones you use?

I
You
He
She
It
We
They
Them
Us
Him
Her
His
Hers
His
Theirs
Our
Your
Ours
Mine
Yours

I'm sure there's more, but which two are the only ones to use to not be woke?

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

i wonder constantly what this crowd do when they catch themselves accidentally using a singular they pronoun

like they're sitting at the table having dinner and their housemate is like "i got a call from my boss today"
and they respond "oh yeah, what did they say?"
and then they catch themselves, realise the bleak and existential horror they've just perpetrated upon the world, with but a single irrevocable syllable they've become part of the GREATEST EVIL MANKIND HAS EVER FACED, they have become DEATH, the DESTrORzyoWERR OF++ &*(WO^ORLDLSS@S AAFGSGLSAAAAAAAA

and their housemate is like "yeah i'm getting a raise can you pass the mashed potatoes"
edit on 2-2-2023 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: LordAhriman

i wonder constantly what this crowd do when they catch themselves accidentally using a singular they pronoun

like they're sitting at the table having dinner and their housemate is like "i got a call from my boss today"
and they respond "oh yeah, what did they say?"
and then they catch themselves, realise the bleak and existential horror they've just perpetrated upon the world, with but a single irrevocable syllable they've become part of the GREATEST EVIL MANKIND HAS EVER FACED, they have become DEATH, the DESTrORzyoWERR OF++ &*(WO^ORLDLSS@S AAFGSGLSAAAAAAAA

and their housemate is like "yeah i'm getting a raise can you pass the mashed potatoes"

OMG you said, "THEY!"

OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR W0k3!

You give them more credit than I do. They're one step away from forgetting how to blink.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Gawd! You're so right, using standard English is terrible.

But then we have people who go against the rules of standard usage by using pronouns like a second nominative or noun. That is what it means when you call them "personal pronouns". It forces the speaker to adopt a new dialect basically for the individual.

I don't play the pronoun game. You can have your name if that's what you want.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Woke? Like Woke Up?

Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, I noticed I was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
Somebody spoke and I went into a dream

Fell asleep in a fishtank
Woke up floating backwards
Up a spiral staircase
I kept moving faster
Fell asleep in a fishtank
Woke up floating backwards
Up a spiral staircase
I kept moving faster
I kept moving faster

I woke up human
I woke up human again
I woke up human
I woke up human again
I woke up human
I woke up human again
I woke up human
I woke up human again

(Dream Crush)

Could be defined both ways.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Actually this one below does a good job with woke - woke folks play the privilege game:

edit on 2-2-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Gawd! You're so right, using standard English is terrible.

it's baffling how often you in particular respond to my posts as if i've said something completely different to what i have. I used standard english in the post you're replying to. Alright, i got a little silly at the end, but the entire point of the post was illustrating that singular they is not only regular english but something that i can guarantee you yourself use relatively frequently without thinking about it. You're all just sulky when someone says "yes, i like that one, keep doing that please". Which since, if i remember rightly, you told me in our last conversation that straight people are incapable of empathy, so i suppose that fits.

But then we have people who go against the rules of standard usage by using pronouns like a second nominative or noun. That is what it means when you call them "personal pronouns". It forces the speaker to adopt a new dialect basically for the individual.

I don't play the pronoun game. You can have your name if that's what you want.

can you give me one single example of any time that you or anyone you know has been made to 'adopt a new dialect' for an individual? singular they doesn't count since we've covered that one already ;D

top topics

<<   2 >>

join