It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Tours - Ozzy Osbourne Retires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Due to his well documented health issues Ozzy has called it a day when it comes to touring , no doubt he'll still record but the strain of traveling the world and the pain resulting from that has called an end to his touring days.

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Age catches up to us all.

And it came for Ozzy this time.

Someday, the world will end.

Then the universe.

And Keith Richards will watch it all.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Huge fan of Black Sabbath and Ozzy, for a man who supposedly snorted a line of ants poolside and bit the head off of a dove he has done alright for himself.

edit on 1-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Time to take a well-deserved break, and for he and his loved ones to enjoy their lives as much as possible.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Went to one of his 'Retirement Sucks' tour shows..continuance?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Saw a pic of him over at Fox News. I'm on a phone, so don't ask me to post it.

He is gray-haired and bent over.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I was wondering how much longer The Old Man would tour (Zakk’s affectionate term for Ozzy). Sharon could only keep him out there for so long. He has used a teleprompter and “vocal corrective effects” for years. He had hinted that the time would come, just never thought that it would be so soon!

And, finally, an act I got to see (I have also seen Pantera and Anthrax before they changed line ups), so that is cool for me!

But it is the lasting musical legacy that is most important!

The guitarists, the songs, and how you can play an entire album from start to finish with any of the music that he has made! The original Black Sabbath still sounds good to this day! And I purchased 4 copies of Blizzard of Oz because of RR (wore out 2 tapes and an album… I have my CD and some of the remixes but still need the rerelease version!).

Enjoy your retirement Mr Osbourne, it is well deserved!!

edit on 1-2-2023 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Correct errata

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That's a bummer for him, I know it's a pain to not be able to do what you love.

No more tears....

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He was playing literally a 5 minute walk from my place last year and I didn't know about it until the day. Naturally tickets had long since sold out. I was very sad to say the least. I was very fortunate to catch his set at Download 2018 though. Bout the only thing I remember from that weekend as well.

Edit: That show was postponed.

End of an era.

I hope he enjoys his retirement. It is well earned. And it was very much appreciated he continued touring as long as he did in spite of his health problems.
edit on 122023 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

edit on 122023 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I always wanted to be Mrs. Ozzie.........

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I saw his retirement sucks tour....Korn opened for him. Saw him a few more times after that. It always amazed me that you could understand every word while he sang...but he couldn't do more than mumble when he spoke.
edit on 1-2-2023 by theatreboy because: NSA knows....

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
I saw his retirement sucks tour....Korn opened for him. Saw him a few more times after that. It always amazed me that you could understand every word while he sang...but he couldn't do more than mumble when he spoke.

Right?! The dude speaks as if he's got marbles in his mouth, but he sings with the clarity of a professor giving a demonstration speech class.

Ozzy's retirement may be the end of an era... but the legends of his music and persona are immortalized in the world of metal.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   
man...guess his lyfestyle caught up to him

top topics

join