It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID It Cost Lives :Opinion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID and It Cost Lives | Opinion
KEVIN BASS , MS MD/PHD STUDENT, MEDICAL SCHOOL
ON 1/30/23 AT 8:00 AM EST

As a medical student and researcher, I staunchly supported the efforts of the public health authorities when it came to COVID-19. I believed that the authorities responded to the largest public health crisis of our lives with compassion, diligence, and scientific expertise. I was with them when they called for lockdowns, vaccines, and boosters.

I was wrong. We in the scientific community were wrong. And it cost lives.

Amidst the sudden insertion of various 'authorities' press releases about "amnesty" for "harsh decision made" during the COVID event, we find a medical student's opinion piece which should be as cathartic an entry into the parade of public declarations at the recently anonymously authored (but still published) "They Knew: Why Didn't The Unvaccinated Do More To Warn Us?... it all seems to be clickbait.

Sadly, many people will think this needed saying... as if we hadn't been saying it all along - over and over - to anyone that might listen without cancelling us.

What we did not properly appreciate is that preferences determine how scientific expertise is used, and that our preferences might be—indeed, our preferences were—very different from many of the people that we serve. We created policy based on our preferences, then justified it using data. And then we portrayed those opposing our efforts as misguided, ignorant, selfish, and evil.

We made science a team sport, and in so doing, we made it no longer science. It became us versus them, and "they" responded the only way anyone might expect them to: by resisting.

But it can be refreshing to hear those words from an alleged medical student, because most of them in my personal experience were of the "your just an ignorant simp" variety. College hubris... there's nothing quite like it.

And at least this part makes and to the reality that politicians and think-tanks and ideologues of the world... "You can enhance marketing by using science, but you cannot enhance science by using marketing" which appears to be a lesson they rejected vehemently. Making their claims of "science" into a base joke...

Then there are the politics of keeping the big money happy... regardless of the cost to the people you serve... speaking of politics:

When former President Trump pointed out the downsides of intervention, he was dismissed publicly as a buffoon. And when Dr. Antony Fauci opposed Trump and became the hero of the public health community, we gave him our support to do and say what he wanted, even when he was wrong.

Trump was not remotely perfect, nor were the academic critics of consensus policy. But the scorn that we laid on them was a disaster for public trust in the pandemic response. Our approach alienated large segments of the population from what should have been a national, collaborative project.

And we paid the price. The rage of the those marginalized by the expert class exploded onto and dominated social media. Lacking the scientific lexicon to express their disagreement, many dissidents turned to conspiracy theories and a cottage industry of scientific contortionists to make their case against the expert class consensus that dominated the pandemic mainstream. Labeling this speech "misinformation" and blaming it on "scientific illiteracy" and "ignorance," the government conspired with Big Tech to aggressively suppress it, erasing the valid political concerns of the government's opponents.

I found this an interesting addition to the public conversation. Considering the sourcing.

For those seeking amnesty.... you might be disappointed to learn you will reap what you have sown. Sorry, sometimes the old wisdom is best.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

And we paid the price. The rage of the those marginalized by the expert class exploded onto and dominated social media. Lacking the scientific lexicon to express their disagreement, many dissidents turned to conspiracy theories and a cottage industry of scientific contortionists to make their case against the expert class consensus that dominated the pandemic mainstream. Labeling this speech "misinformation" and blaming it on "scientific illiteracy" and "ignorance," the government conspired with Big Tech to aggressively suppress it, erasing the valid political concerns of the government's opponents

And yet still no expert I have seen can explain WHICH cells exactly the MRNA vaccine instructs to create spike proteins. All the literature just says that MRNA vaccines cause "cells" to create spike proteins but none ever say which cells? If it was immune cells, wouldn't they say that? So is it heart cells, skin cells, cells of various organs? We don't know and I suspect the "experts" don't really know either.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Antimony

The scientific minutia may be interesting by itself, but the idea that there are many unaddressed questions which are already being swept aside by media efforts is more pertinent here.

Along with many others, you pose specific scientific questions that are either not answered, shunned as unwelcome, or prompting attacks on the questioner shows that a social engineering construct has been overlayed on the topic.

Even now, while discussing the idea that some are seeking amnesty for the grievances they know they will face, while others a promoting an "us" and "them" divide... you are still inclined to ask about a scientific question. This is not a bad thing, not a criticism, instead a lesson moment for me which tells me how deeply the connection between 'people' and the newly minted "Science of the COVID event" has scarred the landscape.

We rely in experts to "learn things," it is unreasonable to expect them to know everything... which is why it is so egregious that they refused to learn to accept their own responsibility for what happened when they joined the "team" to change the world over a flu virus. So desperate some of them were to be hallowed heroes, dancing in their scrubs...

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

"Lacking the scientific lexicon to express their disagreement, many dissidents.."

THOSE POOR POOR IDIOTS RAGING AT US UBER EDUCATED ALL-SO-COMPASSIONATE PARAGONS IN THEIR GIBBERISH AND GOING AGAINST THE SCIENCE . THOSE DISSIDENTS

# these people

Edit to say the damage is done.

None of us will trust any government or hospital ever again.

Across the pond in Europe they literally jailed my wife's uncle or great uncle as he was confused and needed to be put in a straight jacket and isolated because 'covid'

edit on 31/1/2023 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/1/2023 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Doing so will costs these doctors to loose their license to practice medicine.

Either they fall in line or leave the profession.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Are they including Covid-19 VACCINES in their admission of murdering tons of people?

Look how many medical doctors in America are committing suicide every year: www.acep.org...

They need some kind of outlet. So much guilt and stress.

edit on 1/31/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

It makes me think of the opportunity that scientists threw away... here was yet another "The sky is falling" clarion about a virus which in the grand scheme of things was just "another bad flu virus" in the endless string of affliction-causing viruses. But this time we are going to hammer the world into our "likeness." While all the while the opposite approach was called for...

"Yes, this virus can be especially bad for many people who aren't physically equipped to resist it. We have an experimental vaccine which might help. Available to any who wants it... And yes, we know of measures that might help in the proper setting, under our supervision." But no... that's not how it went...

"For any interested, here is the data which your tax-dollars paid to collect... along with our analysis..." But no... that's not how it went...

Suddenly the scientific community collectively forgot how to count, forgot previous lessons learned in medicine, and found the sudden need to be "cheerleaders" for the "team."

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Doing so will costs these doctors to loose their license to practice medicine.

Either they fall in line or leave the profession.

It makes me wonder about our medical student author who penned this opinion piece. Which bandwagon will he land on?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Doctors are people too. It doesn't surprise me that Emergency Room Physicians are subject to the same human baggage as the rest of us. I wouldn't go distilling this down to the COVID event without the caveat that such a thing is not only overly simplistic, but demeaning to people whose lives aren't a plot-point in a wider world. There is no 'simple' reason for suicide.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

But if doctors have to start also bearing the brunt of the blame for questionable Covid-19 deaths and Covid Vaccine deaths, many more will be pushed over the edge.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antimony

And we paid the price. The rage of the those marginalized by the expert class exploded onto and dominated social media. Lacking the scientific lexicon to express their disagreement, many dissidents turned to conspiracy theories and a cottage industry of scientific contortionists to make their case against the expert class consensus that dominated the pandemic mainstream. Labeling this speech "misinformation" and blaming it on "scientific illiteracy" and "ignorance," the government conspired with Big Tech to aggressively suppress it, erasing the valid political concerns of the government's opponents

And yet still no expert I have seen can explain WHICH cells exactly the MRNA vaccine instructs to create spike proteins. All the literature just says that MRNA vaccines cause "cells" to create spike proteins but none ever say which cells? If it was immune cells, wouldn't they say that? So is it heart cells, skin cells, cells of various organs? We don't know and I suspect the "experts" don't really know either.

Any cell its touches anywhere it goes, which is everywhere. It seems to really like to go into heart cells since that's where the vascular system sends blood which is where it eventually ends up, since the muscle is filled with capillaries, and it will disperse into them. Sometimes people even get an accidental IV injection since they don't aspirate the needle.

They've found the mRNA spike in brains, testes, heart, liver, etc. Pretty much everywhere!

Gee I wonder why there is a connection between mRNA vaccines and myocarditis and strokes? It's a mystery!

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I've been preaching about this for so long. Cost me a job, almost a second one. Politics has no place in medicine. Once we turned our backs on evidence based medicine, and listening to real SMEs, we neglected our duty to do right by our patients and their families.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Is there any connection between viral infection and myocarditis, I wonder? Gee....

Like this:

www.hopkinsmedicine.org...#:~:text=Myocarditis%20is%20rare%2C%20but%20when,can%20lead%20to%20myocardia l%20inflammation.
edit on 31-1-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
But if doctors have to start also bearing the brunt of the blame for questionable Covid-19 deaths and Covid Vaccine deaths, many more will be pushed over the edge.

The same reasoning by which doctors must shoulder the blame ALSO makes it our fault as well. Any doctor who wants to internalize this to the point of devastating depression would be afflicted in many other ways... 'clinical detachment' is seminal in the training of doctors (at least nowadays.)

"Blame the doctors generally" is not only pointless, but often confused with 'justice' which cannot truly exist if we are all to blame the first (or last) person in a chain of responsibility.

For my part, I am interested only in making it impossible for such a catastrophic response to ever happen again under such circumstances.

Doctors are not the vested "perpetrators" of this event (that's where we need to focus in my opinion.)

Generally speaking, blame belongs at the originator's doorstep.

I don't "blame" the doctors (except insofar as the ideal,) I don't blame the social justice warriors who diligently crushed any dissent they ran across, I don't blame the "celebrities" who wished the unvaccinated interred, fined, and even expressed their hope for deaths. I don't even "blame" the politicians, who seem to be mostly whores to the pimp-party gaining money from 'friends'... it's those 'friends' I'm interested in... the one's who "lobbied" and "cajoled" and followed up with "gifts" and "opportunities" for the party and those prostitutes.

Now if you were to tell me that they are committing wholesale suicide, I confess, I would have to struggle to resist the schadenfreude... because there are some people in this world who REALLY loved watching the world burn... They are a problem for us all.
edit on 1/31/2023 by Maxmars because: grammar

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I said early on that society nearly collapsed during Spanish Flu because the authorities would not be truthful, so no one knew who or what to trust.

Well, here we are. It looks like the patterns repeat because no one learns their lessons or if they do, they are stupid enough to think they can repeat it, but it will be different this time.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Might need to start getting them to agree on terms.

This data stat shows an imminent threat to humanity. Right there the numbers.

This on the other hand represents very rare incidences not worth mentioning. Right there in the numbers.

Regardless, it is too late, getting folks to fess up isn't going to happen no matter what results manifest from this, as all will fall into the "it's my job" excuse. "It's my job" are the three most powerful words in the english language, they are the excuse for every atrocity committed.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Could be simple controlled opposition by setting up an easy target 😀

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Talk about a terrible gig.

"Hey buddy, we want you to write this opinion piece..."

But I have invested deeply in becoming a doctor...

"Yeah, well... it'll be fine..."

edit on 1/31/2023 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
a reply to: chris_stibrany

It makes me think of the opportunity that scientists threw away... here was yet another "The sky is falling" clarion about a virus which in the grand scheme of things was just "another bad flu virus" in the endless string of affliction-causing viruses. But this time we are going to hammer the world into our "likeness." While all the while the opposite approach was called for...

"Yes, this virus can be especially bad for many people who aren't physically equipped to resist it. We have an experimental vaccine which might help. Available to any who wants it... And yes, we know of measures that might help in the proper setting, under our supervision." But no... that's not how it went...

"For any interested, here is the data which your tax-dollars paid to collect... along with our analysis..." But no... that's not how it went...

Suddenly the scientific community collectively forgot how to count, forgot previous lessons learned in medicine, and found the sudden need to be "cheerleaders" for the "team."

That clarion call was precipitated specifically to depose Trump.
That evil 'populism' which threatened godkingthugs world wide.
Even while his ass was being tied down with round the clock slanderous partisan filth,
they needed this genetic venom splice bomb in order to get er done.
It was a needed cover for flipping a landslide election for the sake of power,
raw naked force. To expand the bounds or their ineluctable power, the set the marks of their
wheels and guns upon us. And to invade. Invade. Invade.

I realize it was sacrilege to suggest as much, until it became grimly evident,
because muh fear, but that is exactly why 'fear' was dispensed, when it was dispensed,
then consolidated by a barrage of technofacistic
corruption and subterfuge, a sweeping gaslighted cultural marxist infusion, we will perhaps never escape.
How can we. Elections, and Justice, are now naught but a certifiable farce.

Unless we learn from this present day fascism, the damage to young minds may be permanent.
They thought they were being educated. Indeed. But what with, and by whom?

Blame it on Biden. Everyone else skates. It's easy to get away when you can afford islands
bunkers, megayachts and even getaway rockets
just in case the self whitewashing fails. They will not quit with their nanoterror eugenics
because who will bust them? Who will raid their
file cabinets? Sniff their panties? Do we even know what to look for?
They feel impervious to justice, because they deny conscious God
and have spent trillions disseminating this belief.
Worst case scenario, in their perception, is that we get to spend the rest of our lives
tending to what is breaking down in the flesh, link upon weaker link, on their account.

# 1663

edit on 31-1-2023 by TheWhiteKnight because: I told him that's a dead end, a bad idea. I told him 'don't do that....' William Gates

edit on 1-2-2023 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight

That clarion call was precipitated specifically to depose Trump.
That evil 'populism' which threatened godkingthugs world wide.
Even while his ass being tied down with round the clock slanderous filth,
they needed this venom genetic splice bomb in order to get er done...

What you say conforms to the infamous Dr. Fauci media piece where he states quite confidently that Trump will face an epidemic during his presidency, he didn't say 'could' or 'might' but that "it will happen."

I realize it was sacrilege to suggest as much...

Nonsense! The sacrilege was taking place around you... you merely observed your surroundings.

The damage to young minds may be intractable.

It could be... depending on their parents.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join